• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see Geno revealed, watch people playing him for like 20 minutes, and then see them looking for a new character that could be used to annoy Sakurai just like fans did with Ridley

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else strangely not hyped for this? I've been playing Smash since the days of the N64, and usually get super hyped for new character announcements.

But the last two reveals (Byleth and Min Min) were just so uninteresting to me, as I had a completely tepid and apathetic reaction to both. The announcements have been so underwhelming for a while that it's hard for me to get excited again. Not to mention that both Byleth and Min Min just feel really clunky to play in my opinion. Almost like they need another month or two of additional tweaking.

I'm fully expecting the Ring Fit character or a Gen 8 Pokemon at this point. I really hope they get back to big third party character reveals but I'm not holding my breath.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Any one of these would be ideal

Ryu Hayabusa
Bill & Lane (Contra)
Billy & Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)
Lara Croft
Crash
Scorpion/Sub Zero
Doom Guy
Dante

Im down for Travis and The Prince as well.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
These are the best type of reveals. When we have no inclination of who it will be.

Will be tuning in to for this for sure

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Overwatch character is definitely not happening ever but I would probably be more excited for like, Tracer, than some of the most popular choices in this thread.

Feb 5, 2018
Can't wait to see Geno revealed, watch people playing him for like 20 minutes, and then see them looking for a new character that could be used to annoy Sakurai just like fans did with Ridley
Rofl end of an era. To be honest, I do hope he and Isaac get in just so those discussions are permanently over and we can focus on other franchises finally without the same conversations.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Is anyone else strangely not hyped for this? I've been playing Smash since the days of the N64, and usually get super hyped for new character announcements.

But the last two reveals (Byleth and Min Min) were just so uninteresting to me, as I had a completely tepid and apathetic reaction to both. The announcements have been so underwhelming for a while that it's hard for me to get excited again. Not to mention that both Byleth and Min Min just feel really clunky to play in my opinion. Almost like they need another month or two of additional tweaking.

I'm fully expecting the Ring Fit character or a Gen 8 Pokemon at this point. I really hope they get back to big third party character reveals but I'm not holding my breath.
Actually, Byleth was supposed to be released in December 2019 but was internally delayed a month. As for Min Min, an ARMS character was more of a when than an if (be it now or the next game).

Also, what's wrong with Ring Fit Trainee? Granted, they're likely gonna be in the next Smash game rather than FP2, but the game is great & is still printing money.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Characters I want:
Elma
Isaac/Felix/Matthew
Saki/Isa Jo Amamiya
Ray 01
Kos-Mos

Characters it won't be:
Elma
Isaac/Felix/Matthew
Saki/Isa Jo Amamiya
Ray 01
Kos-Mos

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
69217347_2349946455322298_5068394608547856384_n.jpg

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I feel like a lot of the characters I want aren't hype enough to be DLC characters so I'm not expecting them. Still looking forward to it though.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do we assume that the character has to be related to releases happening right now? That tends to not be the case for these dlc.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who hasn't seen the Tracer "leak":

Xgsqfol.png

LMAO at the second of six fighters being decided in 2020 when we know that the pass was finalized in 2019.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Exciting!!!!!! I think we're getting the ring fit character

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Speak for yourself, I mained Ridley after waiting so damn long for him.

... On the other hand, I absolutely agree with you that that will happen because there's no way the majority of the weird demand is actually from people who loved him for his role in SMRPG and have been waiting decades for him. At least Ridley was the only reasonable choice for another metroid character, so he made sense from that angle.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'll never understand takes like this. Are people just supposed to talk about Ridley in Smash until the end of time now that he's gotten in?

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Byleth also had the worst trailer in Smash history, a good trailer can change perception on a character but nothing about that trailer was hype-inducing
I actually agree with this. I wasnt really interested in Hero or Banjo but both their trailers were so hype (especially Banjo's "celebration" type vibe) that it made me do a complete 180

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Speak for yourself, I mained Ridley after waiting so damn long for him.

... On the other hand, I absolutely agree with you that that will happen because there's no way the majority of the weird demand is actually from people who loved him for his role in SMRPG and have been waiting decades for him. At least Ridley was the only reasonable choice for another metroid character, so he made sense from that angle.
Same. As well as Banjo and Sonic.

My 3 mains who were also my most requested additions.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
For anyone who hasn't seen the Tracer "leak":

Xgsqfol.png

LMAO at the second of six fighters being decided in 2020 when we know that the pass was finalized in 2019.

I know Blizzard is not people's favorite company but it would be cool in theory to have the second season start off with 2 females after the sausage fest that was the first season

Note: I don't think the leak is real

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wtf is this post? Ridley awesome and one of my mains. He was the first character I tried for Ultimate at E3. And Geno would be a fantastic addition. Mario RPG is an incredible game and Geno a truly great character from it. He'd work wonderfully as a Smash Character. I'd probably play the hell out of him depending on TBD move set.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ok sorry I thought all the Crash speculation was based on a solid leak. So we knew we were getting a char from ARMs with Minmin , and before that I'm pretty sure Terry, Banjo and Blyth leaked so its nice to have a lot of chars that it could be.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Byleth's trailer was more interesting than Hero's one imo. Hero's one was good once Roto appeared and the focus and mystery around his figure was basically Sakurai saying "yeah, I wished this was the main skin, but Square Enix is a bitch" lol that was great, other than that I didn't like that it was just Eleven fighting in spirits mode lol, I like when the character is getting his invitation in his own world. Which made Banjo trailer even more iconic : that was alluding that Donkey Kong Country is his world, where he belongs to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.