• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
This is somewhat a big stretch...but tomorrow is Monolith Soft's 21st anniversary. Maybe a character from one of their games to celebrate the company?

Let me dream, okay!?!? 😭

Christo750

May 10, 2018
The wording of that tweet is interesting.

A 3-minute video and then a brief message from Sakurai. Sounds like DLC is getting delayed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is somewhat a big stretch...but tomorrow is Monolith Soft's 21st anniversary. Maybe a character from one of their games to celebrate the company?

Let me dream, okay!?!? 😭

I think Rex has a pretty good shot at getting in since the Mii costume was only made as an apology that he didn't.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Arfj7qZ.png

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You know, I wasn't expecting Mallo from Pushmo to be the character, but I welcome it.

(That actually would be pretty bonkers lmao)

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Let me dream, okay!?!? 😭

This is too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence at this point, it has to be a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 representative.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone be speculating about who the next fighter is....

But no one is speculating which character will be relegated as a mii fighter costume. That section might as well be the deconfirm section of those smash videos

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Delay seems likely to me. The fact that this doesn't include a Sakurai Presents in the first place makes it obvious the character is not ready yet.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a Pokémon, but I would be very surprised indeed if it were Cinderace. I can't see them putting another Fire Starter in, what with Charizard and Incineroar having already made the cut. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they avoided the starters and went for Toxtricity, Urshifu or even Zarude or Zacian.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Real time predictions:
- Rex (wanted to be in the game, got a mini costume to make up for it)
- Crash (feel like he's one of the few final large 90's rivals/gaming stars still not in, new game literally is out tomorrow night)
- Monster Hunter (MH stage in WoL, two songs, Rathalos as a boss and assist trophy...but nothing else)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I WISH it was Ring Fit Trainee, but that dream died back in March.

Perhaps Urbosa or Impa (ideally Skyward Sword Impa)?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It's about time we got an Ogre Battle Character in smash. Magnus with Destin alt? Amazing.

Oct 28, 2017
SS Impa or Urbosa is my tier 1

I dont wanna see Travis Touchdown until his game is ready.

WonderRed/Joe...that dream is dead.

Sackboy is the ONLY legit choice.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
My dream is Crash or Sora.

I'd be utterly disappointed with another Pokemon tbh.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta be honest. Pretty much every one of my dream characters (rip Jill Dozer) is already in the game, so I'm going to enjoy the ride no matter who gets added.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Paper mario

Will be surprised if it is a third party character

Edit: monster hunter would be VERY cool though

Feb 5, 2018
The wording of that tweet is interesting.

A 3-minute video and then a brief message from Sakurai. Sounds like DLC is getting delayed.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised. I can see them expanding the "pass" to 2022, then possibly even confirm an additional bonus character or 2 as an apology for extending the promised deadline. Not that I'm getting my hopes up, but consolation is not unheard of with businesses.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wanted:
Elma (Xenoblade X)
Chibi-Robo Isaac/Felix (Golden Sun)
Chorus Kids

Fine:
Dixie Kong
Impa Mach Rider (or other retro)
Bandana Dee
Monster Hunter

Randoms I'd like to see:
Tsubasa Oribe
Geno

If I had to make my own list. Still shocked we don't have a representative for Rhythm Heaven. And while I suppose Chibi-Robo is dead than dead by now, he's pretty iconic! I just don't want more third party characters, unlike it's like Monster Hunter.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Guys, Sora can only get into Smash if Disney gives the green light, they own the character.

I want Sora as much as the next person but you're setting yourself up for disappointment by expecting him.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Still shocked we don't have a representative for Rhythm Heaven. And while I suppose Chibi-Robo is dead than dead by now, he's pretty iconic! I just don't want more third party characters, unlike it's like Monster Hunter.
Beyond Ring Fit Adventure (which became successful too late for FP2), Rhythm Heaven is the last somewhat-significant EPD franchise without a playable character in Smash (& we almost got one in Smash 3DS/Wii U).

Status
Not open for further replies.