• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
If they ever do Geno, I hope they bring Super Mario RPG to NSO. Otherwise, don't even bother with him.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah there it is. Salvation!

Sakurai finally ready to make the call, and, on the other end...
AccurateHollowCoyote-size_restricted.gif

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Given that we're probably gonna get the Gen 4 remakes next year, it's likely now or never for a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I see people asking for Travis Touchdown is payback for me asking for Bayonetta when people were defending she didn't fit the series, right? 🙁

Eh, Travis' really just vulgar and an asshole. Easily beep him out ... they can even make this some sort of gag in-game. And there's already a few assholes in the game. ^^

Bayonetta though ... given the reason Sakurai gave for choosing Terry over Mai, i don't think Bayonetta was really an easy decision for them. ^^

Feb 5, 2018
I would love it to be Geno or Isaac to simply have it be the end of an era on requests. They are essentially the last 2 characters that have been requested for nearly 15 years at this point. It would be nice if Nintendo threw those fanbases a bone. And it would still leave 3 more characters to satisfy other groups.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna hope for Sora (as always), Travis, Dante, Layton, Ace Attorney and Rayman. All my top wants ha

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I 100% expect a Pokemon to maybe tie in with the DLC release. If not now definitely in this pack somewhere.

My actual hopes are Geno or Travis, I just want to continue seeing more 3rd party reps.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be one of these, I can feel it:

Cranky Kong
Rillaboom
Akira Howard
The Luchador
Ringfit Adventurer
Agnès Oblige

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
If a Gen 8 Pokemon needs to be on the roster, it should be Toxtricity(both forms are different skins) since they are popular and cooler than any of the starters.

hamrum

Feb 18, 2020
I would love it to be Geno or Isaac to simply have it be the end of an era on requests. They are essentially the last 2 characters that have been requested for nearly 15 years at this point. It would be nice if Nintendo threw those fanbases a bone. And it would still leave 3 more characters to satisfy other groups.

I don't even care about Geno, SMRPG was very average, but I agree. Would be nice to see. I LOVE Golden Sun so obviously I'd like Isaac.

Oct 27, 2017
I 100% expect a Pokemon to maybe tie in with the DLC release. If not now definitely in this pack somewhere.

My actual hopes are Geno or Travis, I just want to continue seeing more 3rd party reps.

Yeah, I feel like the most realistic characters to be brought in are either: someone from Zelda (to advertise the new HW and BOTW2), Pokémon Gen 8 (since we don't have one and DLC is coming up soon) and Monster Hunter (there's a MH boss in Smash and 2 games coming out for Switch soon)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, I feel like the most realistic characters to be brought in are either: someone from Zelda (to advertise the new HW and BOTW2), Pokémon Gen 8 (since we don't have one and DLC is coming up soon) and Monster Hunter (there's a MH boss in Smash and 2 games coming out for Switch soon)
I do think Monster Hunter is a frontrunner, but not necessarily for this specific reveal. Maybe closer to MHR's release or sometime after.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have no idea what they'll announce, but I never expected any other Nintendo announcement after having already gotten the Pokemon stuff this week.

No leaks I suppose?
I wonder if it's gonna be a western character from outside of Nintendo.

Alooful

One Winged Slayer
Mar 27, 2020
Don't follow leaks anymore but I saw one of those clickbait articles claiming an Overwatch leaker says this is gonna be Tracer

Since no one's discussing that I'm guessing people figured out a reason to not take it seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.