• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Well, being back in the Milky Way is a big plus. Everything else is up in the air. I'm willing to be cautiously optimistic.

BEST CHARACTER RETURNS
9714eeb15d715a197c3d513bf081a518.png

not if this is 200-300 years in the future. Only squadmates that will have a chance to be alive are Liara (confirmed already) and Wrex since Asari and Krogans can live for 1000+ years.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
people who want the old crew back are absolutely delusional and their deadweight to a new game will only make the story much much worse

wipe the slate clean and start over. it's time to move on.

Nov 28, 2017
As soon as those Mass Relays were on screen, I was screaming and the N7 made me spacegasm.

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.

SO, where does Andromeda stand now, with it's timeline? Any possible retcons here or will they leave it as canon?

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
I think Bioware should just tell us now how this is supposed to be continued. Get fans' rage out while they haven't shown anything. No matter the direction not everyone will be happy so get it over with now.

It would be nice to see awesome characters back.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
But that doesn't make sense though. They still have the tech. It's just a lot of shit got damaged like the relays. Why would they use lower-tech stuff / low sci-fi stuff?

Depends on the specifics of the destroy ending on exactly what tech/knowledge would have to be redone/rebuilt.

people who want the old crew back are absolutely delusional and their deadweight to a new game will only make the story much much worse

wipe the slate clean and start over. it's time to move on.

They've already shown Liara, it's too late for the 'restart with a totally fresh crew' ideology.

So either it's a return of Shepard and at least Wrex....

....or Liara is gonna be killed off and/or not join the party, because she'd be a walking exposition dump otherwise....

....Or this isn't as far in the future as Liara's wrinkles imply, if more of the other crew would be coming back.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm guessing green is a no go so they don't have to explain how the pilot and robot lady bang

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Crashed Reaper? Destroyed Mass Relay? o.O
Yeah I'm really hoping that's a sign of greater destruction and disruption and that they kind of gloss over the Extended Cut nonsense that smoothed other the damage done to the Mass Relays and stick with the original ending which showed them all basically blow up. A Milky Way that instantly gets cut off from one another and has to develop new FLT to reconnect would be fascinating to see.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, i just cant believe it, seeing liara, any character from the og trilogy again after long actually made me tear up abit. Mass effect is my favorite game trilogy of all time, ive been waiting for this for such a long time

May 26, 2018
to be fair it's a decent premise if it's the "systems isolated by the reaper war and the destruction of mass relays" concept...

But no Patrick Weekes, so good luck y'all. Love that fellow.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
So it looks like a Destroy Ending Canon right? Destroyed Relays, crashed Reapers. Which also means that Shepard's alive.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
im so fucking hype for mass effect. andromeda may have been a letdown but the original trilogy is one of the best trilogy in gaming to me. I hope bioware delivers

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like a Destroy Ending Canon right? Destroyed Relays, crashed Reapers. Which also means that Shepard's alive.

Yes, Yes, and....maybe.

Shepard being alive would be a huge potential hurdle to have to be worked around narrative-wise, unless a significant time has passed to the point where they're no longer a jesus/messiah figure in the universe anymore.

That, and if centuries have passed....Shepard would have had to have been in the ice the whole time, and/or Liara's redoing Lazarus project again.

The N7 does seem to imply Shepard is returning, though....unless it's meant more as a symbol like the ending of TLJ or what have you.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda hard to get excited considering the recent news and how the last two Bioware games turned out 🤷‍♂️

Hoping for the best though.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as those Mass Relays were on screen, I was screaming and the N7 made me spacegasm.

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.

SO, where does Andromeda stand now, with it's timeline? Any possible retcons here or will they leave it as canon?
In my mind, there's no reason to mess with Andromeda, given that it was designed from the jump to be disconnected from the trilogy, even within the canon. We might hear or read something about the "Andromeda Initiative" in the game, as a fun little reference to the fans who played or liked it, but I can't imagine them making any changes to its plot.

Oct 27, 2017
If destroy ending is canon, I wonder if the legendary edition of Mass Effect 3 is going be reworked to have it the only choice you can make at the end.