• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is going to be post Mass Effect 3, guess we'll wait until 2026.

Wonder if we'll (humanity) be back on the Moon by then

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
n0dV403.jpg

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
For a second I was giddy because I adore this series, but it's really hard for me to get excited about this. The fact that it's not coming anytime soon (2023 at the very earliest would be my guess, and even then idk) doesn't help one bit. Weird they kinda announced this already during N7, though.

Wish BioWare all the luck in the world, hopefully they turn things around. If I cared more about Dragon Age I'd be more excited, at least I liked the artistic choices in that trailer (the city particularly).

But yeah, ngl, seeing Liara again (I think?) got me good.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Also, I think the best way to do a sequel is to just ignore the ME3 endings and have the game based on a new ending for ME3 that actually factors in all your decisions etc. That would solve so many problems and it would be a great way for Bioware to make good on the original trilogy.

Effectively you import your ME2/3 saves into ME4 and it generates an ending based on that. You can even have a relatively linear canon ending and have your choices manifest as consequences in ME4, instead of affecting the Reaper plot itself.

ME3 would still be canon to some extent, depending on how much they change. There's not really any downsides to doing this.

Last edited:

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I'm glad they seemed to have just said fuck it and canonized destroy. It was really the only option, as there'd be no way to reconcile all three of them in a way that would allow for players to choose which one happened.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pretty much confirms milky way then!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Destroy be canon and they handwave the AI thing like "oh we were able to recover them, the Geth came out alright"
I think they'll just say "The Reapers are destroyed and Relays are damaged, but everything else came out unscathed mostly" so they don't have to handwave a revival, they can just handwave their extinctions by saying it was never an issue.

Combining all of the endings so Reapers are dead, some small crazy factions are trying to harvest/control Reaper variants, and another segment of the population are trying to merge themselves with technology makes the most sense.

Quarians and Geth would remain, Relays would be a thing to still provide galactic traversal (even if they can plot and say that there's not as many Relays available so movement is slower), and they could have enough of everything else to not be too restricted in how they form the plot.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Bioware kinda messed by shelving the original crew. That's what people fell in love with, not the just the Mass Effect Universe itself.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I lost it at "WILL CONTINUE."

Good luck, I guess? Hoping for the best.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Also, haven't kept up with EA's policy, but I hope they don't force any engine in them that might not be best suited to the team's expertise/the game itself. Respawn is kinda a special case, but I hope EA sees value in these teams choosing their own technology after Apex Legends and Jedi.
Whew, didn't catch that myself the first time.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The worst kind of trailer.

Only excitement comes from the fact it looks to follow on from 3.

Then I'm reminded of the current Bioware. This will be years out and mediocre.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Where does Andromeda sit in the timeline? Or are they going to just ignore it?
Andromeda is about 600 years after the original trilogy iirc. This seems to be a direct continuation of the trilogy instead of following from Andromeda. This will be set long before that game and likely have next to nothing to do with its characters and story.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love Mass Effect and Liara is my favorite character, but that was the most useless trailer of tonight, for a game that won't be available for at least 3,4 years and maybe even the developers don't know the complete story of it yet!

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So how long ago was dragon age first trailer? It's been literally years right? Not holding my breath.

data

Oct 25, 2017
So which ending do we think they're going with? I'm unsure how they'll proceed with any of them to be honest

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Liara, destroy ending confirmed canon, not bad for a short trailer. I'm sure some eagle eared folks will comb through the trailer to listen to those transmissions.

now, where's garrus.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does Liara look a bit aged. She's got some noticeable lines on her cheeks and eyes. May be they're really pushing things out.

Theoretically, Liara being 'old' does give some time reference for Shepard losing some political clout....but would they really go Lazarus plot....again?

Like...aside from personal reason, why would they need 'Shepard' back, specifically, in this new lawless universe without mass relays?

I'd love to Play Shep, especially in more 'discover the new world/society' type of way that echoes ME1, but....as much as I'd love it, I can't see a good reason for it, heh.

.....Alternatively, could also just be a CG-effect type thing for Liara's wrinkles being more pronounced. Because....Wrex might be alive at that point, but there'd be no humans, no Garrus, no Tali.....and no way that would be Mordin in the other picture.

Liara getting another chance at romance would be a slap in the face to all of the other romance pairing fans, though, that's for sure.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a suspicion it was Mass Effect when I heard "first contact."

Then I knew it was Mass Effect when I saw the destroyed Mass Relay.
fzShIYH.png