• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan but I'm honestly disappointed they seem to be back in the Milky Way. That story is over. Andromeda provided so much potential for new stories.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's literally called "Will Continue"

You play commander William or Willa Continue to stop time traveling super reapers.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer might have been nothing but it's everything that they're actually acknowledging some sort of continuity after ME3 rather than just dodging with side-games and prequels. I can actually be interested in the series again.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Doh my god. Got back into the Mass Effect mood, so I'm excited. Hopefully they can avoid as much fuck ups as possible. Going to be freaking forever untill it's done tho.

Mass Effect: Will Continue here we go!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
What if the game is just the multiplayer component and it's a f2p game.

(I'd probably be more excited tbh)

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is it just me or does Liara look a bit aged. She's got some noticeable lines on her cheeks and eyes. May be they're really pushing things out.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
So we're going to get a canon ending to Mass Effect 3?

What will the canon color ending be?
Red
Green
Or
Blue?

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
I got hyped... And then I thought about the last few Bioware games.... I think I'll just have no expectations & hopefully be surprised by something great whenever this comes out. Regardless, I'm rooting for them.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
oh fuck, you see javik and garrus and mordin look closely at the crew next to the landing ship

or they look similar, definitely a salarian and turian. Maybe not Javik. Got too excited.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
Andromeda will probably still be canon, since it's hundreds of years after ME3's ending. They can revisit it whenever they want.

Bioware knows how to start a hype machine, let's see if they can deliver this time.

Lyriell

Oct 27, 2017
Asari live for some time right? wonder if she's trying to find the crew of the Normandy. She was an archaeologist originally right? maybe this takes place a while after the first trilogy.

Hope Garrus is in it.

Hopefully it's shortly after and we get Shepard back.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Liara makes me weirdly emotional. I'm excited to play this in 5 years or whatever.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I mean....Trilogy remaster to produce relevant save data.....

No lie, that would be an amazing trojan horse, and post-ME3 (especially with what looks like destruction ending) is certainly a good way to 'reset' the player power level/importance of Shepard as the god/jesus figure.....

But I'd be shocked (in a good way) if they bring back Shepard at all - the character has so much baggage/story relevance that'd it would be hard to go full 'reset', even with a new lower-tech galaxy, unless EVERYTHING is changed, and his/her status has lost relevance.

IMO Liara returns as a mentor character of sorts....but I'd love to be proven wrong.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointed both Bioware's big games only had a CG trailer. At least they're both confirmed and revealed.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Just entering pre production.......why do they fucking do this. BioWare announces shit way to early. This trailer wasn't even probably made by them 😂

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit. I went into this with my cynicism turned up to the max and it still gave me chills.

Don't hurt me again, BioWare.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Destroy be canon and they handwave the AI thing like "oh we were able to recover them, the Geth and EDI came out fine"

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this teaser as a ME fanboy, but, again it told us nothing. We already knew it's coming, gave us no details other than I'm guessing will be a direct continuation after 3, and is years away.