• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I haven't been interested in this series ever since it tried looking like 3D Street Fighter. I miss the 2D anime look of MvC1 and 2.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
D4OcMBvUcAA9WXD.jpg

just, you know, leaving this here

for reasons

imagine the marvel side of the roster of infinite looked like this
imagine the visuals of infinite were as clean as this

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
D4OcMBvUcAA9WXD.jpg

just, you know, leaving this here

for reasons

imagine the marvel side of the roster of infinite looked like this
imagine the visuals of infinite were as clean as this
The roster is still missing a few spots (Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Doctor Doom, etc.).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Two things. That roster looks fantastic, a nice variety of characters and assuming there are no others bar the ones of the cover, I'd be super satisfied with that.

Second thing - lol Cyclops got shafted again. Poor bastard.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Menus etc needs some love and soul put into it too

It's part of the video game after all people sometimes neglect this but it does add to the overall experience

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I agree OP, but I don't like that mock up roster. Too many of the "top tier" characters on both sides, with returning fan favorites. I want it to feature tons of new characters. And if returning characters are there, MODOK better goddam be a part of it. i love a lot of the cast that gets neglected.

But then again, I'll just be happy if we ever get a new mvc, no matter the roster

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
I want to be taken for a ride.

They should consider going back to the anime stylings of MvC1 and 2. That was when it was the best and Capcom's style and take on Marvel really got to shine.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Are we being taken for a ride? OMG I wanna get on this ride!!!!

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Agreed, although I'll take it one step forward. I want hand-drawn 2D fighters.

MVC3 was pretty great and the style was superb, but even then I felt it missed the magic of the original two + Xmen Vs. Street Fighter. Infinite speaks for itself, I hated the roster, liked the stones, but found the return to 2 v 2 underbaked.

I also want new original fighters made exclusively for the game like MVC2.

As for the music of MVC2, I love it, but it also reminds me of my childhood and coming of age when the machine made its way to the local pizza shop so I am incredibly biased.

Oct 25, 2017
I want the next Marvel vs Capcom to look like that Dragonball Fighterz game
Looking like a modern version of mvc2

that game looks more like what i imagine mvc to look like in my head than modern mvc actually does
But then again I am getting older and it's been a couple decades since a MVC released looking like that

Last edited:

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I want the next Marvel vs Capcom to look like that Dragonball Fighterz game
Looking like a modern version of mvc2

that game looks more like what i imagine mvc to look like in my head than modern mvc actually does
But then again I am getting older and it's been a couple decades since it looked like that
I agree. I honestly find it kind of mind blowing that whomever determines the art direction for this franchise (Capcom or Marvel) doesn't realize that an animated/comic book style art direction would work wonders for MvC. You can make realistic looking characters in the comic book art style, but it's very difficult to make certain video game characters in a semi-realistic style.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I think its more of a when.

And I'm aware, but we defo getting miles for sure now.
Lol there won't be another MVC game. Capcom fucked up so hard and Infinite bombed so hard, that Marvel will not allow Capcom to used their name/characters again. They're better off reaching out to a competent company to use their brands.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I honestly find it kind of mind blowing that whomever determines the art direction for this franchise (Capcom or Marvel) doesn't realize that an animated/comic book style art direction would work wonders for MvC. You can make realistic looking characters in the comic book art style, but it's very difficult to make certain video game characters in a semi-realistic style.
Dude imagine the inkiness of SFIV with the speed and fluidity and presentation of MvC. Where the characters and environments looked more like a comic book in general. Shit, maybe they could pull some Comix Zone kind of stuff on us, in terms of comic/movie presentation. They could get so wild if they had the ability to. Hnnnngggggggggg

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Subscribing for this thread and hoping that the rumors come true. I love MKXI and SFV is my favorite fighting game of all time, but every time my friends reunite to play a fighting game, MvCI is always the one we play the most, T7 second.

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
After waiting years and years and finally getting sf4 (Back when that felt like a pipe dream and just utterly impossible), i'm sure we will get another MVC game.

And this time, I would bet damn near everything that they are keeping it super tight lipped because of the utter clown show the marketing was for MVCI.

They had the dante/thanos trailer in the pocket and gave us that damn story mode trailer. Just showing that dante/thanos trailer would have been WAY more hype on the main sony stage than the garbage story mode trailer we got.

Really hope the next one gets a solid chance. MVCI started the race with a broken leg.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a MvC2 remaster, if the meme has anything behind it, which I doubt.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Infinite was such a huge disappointment , capcom must create best game of gen to excite me again

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The black outlines and shading, rather than darker/deeper colour tones, is why MvC3 looks worse than MvC2.
Yeah and let's not forget the amazing sprites in MvC2. And the great stages.

/s off, but come on. MvC2 is the game of my life, but MvC3 looks way better, that's not even a contest.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
MvC2 is kind of a disaster that just happened to find a niche, but it lacks any kind of cohesion and really shouldn't be a template for any game going forward. It was practically a professional MUGEN job of getting ill fitting music and stages, slapdash UI design, finding any sprites they could to jam into the thing, and going nuts with the result -- but I don't think that's something you can manufacture into a success, it just kinda... found a way at the time.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
MVC2 has the most bizarre presentation of any fighting game I've ever seen.

It uses 2d sprites taken from previous Capcom fighting games, juxtapositioned against fully 3D backgrounds that aren't even based on any Capcom or Marvel properties, just random generic caverns and carnivals and shit. Combine that with a completely random and unfitting jazz soundtrack in place of character specific music theme as seen in the other games, and...yeah.

I mean I love MVC2's absurd presentation/aesthetic, but objectively speaking, it's a complete mess, lol. I don't see how anyone could think it's better than MVC3's outside of sheer nostalgia.