• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KENMASTERS1

Apr 9, 2021
Considering that we're now at the middle of the year with no prior news of God of War, it's to be expected

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Just bad marketing with this project so far. They announce a God of War sequel, which we all knew was coming, without a title/CG/gameplay and a 2021 window. The release year was immediately laughed at by the public, and now we have confirmation it is delayed to 2022. Why in the world announce it in 2020 in such a way? They had plenty of first-party titles lined up and third-party games to show. Now you add in the cross-generation nature of the project being confirmed which Sony kicked the can down the road for months. It is just head-scratching the way Sony is going about this.

By the way, I am still 10/10 hyped for this game. God of War 2018 is one of the few games I put in the 10/10 Masterpiece category.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
This thread continues to be fun to revisit

www.resetera.com

Which of These Games Will Make 2021?

My friends and I were doing a Fantasy League Draft, and they were doubting some of these games would make 2021. So I was wondering which of these games you guys think will actually have a 2021 release.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just bad marketing with this project so far. They announce a God of War sequel, which we all knew was coming, without a title/CG/gameplay and a 2021 window. The release year was immediately laughed at by the public, and now we have confirmation it is delayed to 2022. Why in the world announce it in 2020 in such a way? They had plenty of first-party titles lined up and third-party games to show. Now you add in the cross-generation nature of the project being confirmed which Sony kicked the can down the road for months. It is just head-scratching the way Sony is going about this.

By the way, I am still 10/10 hyped for this game. God of War 2018 is one of the few games I put in the 10/10 Masterpiece category.

It isn't "bad marketing" at all. It was a logo teaser and there have been some things happening in the world that obviously caused development issues.

This will have literally zero negative impact on the title.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Was anyone else like me where I completely forgot this was dated for 2021 just because it seemed so unlikely that I pushed it out of my head?

like I was about to come in here to comment "how could a game that hasn't even been given a release window be delayed?" Then it all came rushing back lol

manuvlad

Mar 26, 2019
I think this was obvious, but it has to do with marketing too. Sony doesn't need system sellers because they will continue to sell every console they will be able to produce for the feasible future. Horizon Forbidden West can be released this year because it will sell a lot on the ps4. GOW Ragnarok I'm almost sure will be a PS5 only game. So, they need a bigger install based too. I don't have a problem with that. Release the game when you're ready, Santa Monica.

Edit: nevermind. Just saw the news about GOW Ragnarok on PS4 too :)

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I felt like everyone had to of laughed when 2021 was at the end of the trailer. Take all the time needed

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad they finally decided to stop pretending it was going to launch in 2021.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Game that had a logo only reveal to release in the next year was always hard to buy, even without covid. Take all the time needed.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
2022 and a cross gen game

we gotta move on from last gen

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
AdorableImaginativeArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
God of War 2 in 2021 might have been the most obvious lie that Sony has ever told. I wouldn't have believed it even without COVID.