• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How excited are you right now?

• I have never been this excited in my life for a new console!

Votes: 227 10.8%
  • I am very excited.

Votes: 723 34.5%
  • I am pretty excited.

Votes: 409 19.5%
  • I am looking forward to next-gen, but I'm not excited.

Votes: 421 20.1%
  • I am indifferent.

Votes: 313 15.0%

• Total voters

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Im super excited. I get to finally play some of my ps4 games at 4k. never got a pro and upgraded to a 4k tv awhile ago. Games look..muddy playing at 1080p on a 42inch 4k tv.

Edit: not the only thing im excited for obviously.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I would say I'm indifferent. On one hand, I'm excited to see what developers do with the new systems. On the other hand, I hate having to buy new hardware.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I can get a PS5 during launch. If I don't I'll just have to pay scalpers eBay price.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Pretty excited for the PS5 since my PS4 has been on its last legs all year. Still excited for the XSX as well, but more-so for the improvements even over an X1X and the stuff I have to play that'll take full advantage of it.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
the elections have been taking up so much of my bandwith these last few weeks that it just hasn't registered that next gen is next week. let's get this Biden win and then my hype will be there, Biden win+Demon's Souls is one hell of a one-two punch

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I got my Dual Sense controller sitting here and I haven't opened the box. I got my XSX store pickup time slot at Best Buy and it's not the earliest time.

It's not like it used to be for me. I have a boss gaming PC too so that may have taken the hype away.

I'm a little excited, but not Dreamcast, PS1 level.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Not at all, a first for me. A laughable launch lineup that I can just play on my current consoles/PC plus a fancy remaster of a game I played 11 years ago.. Yeah. Not gonna bother with next gen for a long while.

PeaceSeeker

Chicken Chaser
Apr 17, 2018
I am quite excited about the quality of my gaming life. I hate seeing my character squeezing through rocks and tunnels.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
I was a bit salty about it all until I unexpectedly managed to bag a PS5 pre order last night.

Of course, I'll be boarding the train now.

Astrobot is what I'm most excited for. Missed out on the VR game.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Actually zero.
The games that I wanna play are also coming to PS4 and Xbox one so am holding of for price drop or a console bundle design.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Only "excited" in the anxious kind of way due to uncertainty. Was not able to pre-order a system on either night, and we have no idea yet if our local stores will even have more than a few systems available, if any at all, or if we will even be able to pick them up near launch.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your world ain't the world $>{%\>. I get only one next gen next week. Have to wait the following for the second one.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interested but not getting either console for a year or two, if at all, so not excited per se. I don't have that kind of money to drop on consoles these days.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am very excited. I'm 34 now so it's not the same giddy excitement that I got as a kid but certainly the features of the PS5 have me genuinely excited and intrigued and the games on launch seem to be of real high quality.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I am very excited. I'm 34 now so it's not the same giddy excitement that I got as a kid but certainly the features of the PS5 have me genuinely excited and intrigued and the games on launch seem to be of real high quality.
I'm also 34 and I'm currently experiencing the giddy excitement I used to get as a kid with new consoles. New consoles launching is still one of my favorite god damn things.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm also 34 and I'm currently experiencing the giddy excitement I used to get as a kid with new consoles. New consoles launching is still one of my favorite god damn things.
:D

I'll probably feel like that launch day but mixed with anxiety checking my delivery person hasn't gone to the wrong address!

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
Very Excited, I have an order in with Sony and "free launch day delivery" might be the single best phrase I've heard all year. Sure, it will require some small miracle to happen, but if this dream somehow came true, please.

Ordered Demons Souls on disc so servers be damned, also cannot wait to see 2K21, plus COD Cold War launches at midnight so I'll hop on there. Toss in an Indie game this lineup has real potential.

Also a little excited to just check out the UI. I'm sure a ton of info will be out as embargoes lift soon (?) so I'm going blackout mode on that stuff to add some mystery.

Still, I think this launch sits firmly just below Dreamcast and N64. If Cyberpunk was day one...maybe?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I was amped for the PS4 launched and honestly the PS5 launch has it beat for me. I never got a pro version of any of the consoles but did upgrade my PC a few years ago. Still, being able to play favorites like God of War again in full glory will be awesome. I also held off on tlou2 and ghost of tsushima because I knew PS5 would play them much better than my base PS4. I even bought a 4k monitor in anticipation.

The launch games are also much better this time around. Great bundled game like astrobot along with demons souls and moles Morales will keep me happy. Godfall might be up my alley as well but waiting for reviews. I'm even excited to play Bugsnax with PSN+. Great times ahead I feel, especially with PS5's first year output. It's actually ridiculously strong.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Well I am not jumping in to next generation just yet, but I am looking forward to all of you early adopter impressions of each console that may help me out to decide which system I should start/go with next gen. Excite level would be on medium setting for now I would say.

Dec 4, 2018
I'm calling Comcast tomorrow and paying the 30 USD to remove the cap for this month.

There is going to be so much downloading. Day -1, 0, 1, 2... OS patches and game patches.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I have never been less excited for a generation transition than this one in my entire life. Absolutely nothing to look forward to.
Same. I mean there is demons souls but it's a game I already played so many hours... And Spiderman but I can play that on my PS4 as well.

I will get excited when Horizon 2 and God of War are coming out I guess.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Just sold the ps4. That empty space where it used to be makes me smile. This is going to be quite an upgrade.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Will be getting both a ps5 and series x and am pretty excited.

I feel like I'm possibly more excited for ps5 though to see what new experiences the UI and controller will enable, whereas with series x just feel like its going to give me better graphics in some titles but it won't be so new feeling with the same ui as one x and almost same controller.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Does anyone know when the embargo's end and we get the full game and console reviews? Would think it would be this week as the consoles release next week.
Dont want spoilers, but i am curious to some BC and third party comparisions and how they run. Because i bought first party titles but have not bought third party yet for either consoles.

zerohaste

Oct 27, 2017
I would be if I had been able to find a preorder or could find one in store on launch day, but since I probably won't be able to get one for a while I have no real reason to get excited.

No point in getting hyped up for something I won't find for months.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm extremely excited for a silent and super-fast PS5. I would really like to know how much time I've spent these last few years looking at goddamn loading screens and reading the same tips over and over again. I'm so glad the SSD will change all that.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda nuts that the thing I'm most excited is the DualSense. So much potential.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Pretty indiferent so far. The lack of a powerful launch line up by both publishers makes that I have not interest at all at the moment and wait until later next year. Also, the industrial design of the PS5 makes me want to wait for a revision...

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
I'll get excited once Target ships for PS5. At the moment, I have no idea whether I'll receive it on launch day, a week later, or will they end up canceling my order.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to 2022 when we'll pass the cross gen period and the games will start actually using the new h/w.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited for PS5.

But I've never been more hyped then I am for a whole new controller...😭 I really hope Sony build better analog sticks this time

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Not buying any consoles until next year so I don't know if I can say I'm excited, but I'm looking forward to next gen.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Looking forward to it but don't know when I'll get the consoles. Will be more excited when I've got one or both in my hands then proceed to the anti-climax of downloading all the system updates and games.

Apr 30, 2019
I am so excited for next gen Halo. I really think ray tracing done right could look good with Halos aesthetics but I'm wary now that I've seen the gameplay reveal trailer.

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have a 4K TV and not planning on buying a console at launch, but I'm excited for the real deep technical analysis on next gen games (Mainly DF and NXG videos). Also looking forward to impressions of DeS and the DualSense controller

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Never bought a console at launch. Hyped AS FUCK for PS5.

Also just bought a new TV for it, and have 2 weeks leave from work.
Amazing birthday present

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
I was mainly excited about playing Halo Infinite for my first next-gen console experience so now I'm a little less excited but still looking forward to the experience overall. Still not sure what to play first.