• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How excited are you right now?

• I have never been this excited in my life for a new console!

Votes: 227 10.8%
  • I am very excited.

Votes: 723 34.5%
  • I am pretty excited.

Votes: 409 19.5%
  • I am looking forward to next-gen, but I'm not excited.

Votes: 421 20.1%
  • I am indifferent.

Votes: 313 15.0%

• Total voters

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I think I have never been as excited because I have never had the means to go this all in on a gen. New TV and soundbar included.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to upgrade my base Xbox One for the performance boost, but since there aren't really any launch Series exclusives I'm finding it hard to be really hyped about it. Doesn't really "feel" next-gen yet.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on what happens this week in the US will determine how excited I am about video games.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I was extremely excited until I realized that Amazon probably won't ship out my Xbox Series X before launch. I still don't have a delivery date with only a week to go, so it's looking pretty likely that I won't be getting it until later. There are also few XSX games to play yet compared to PS5, so that dampens my excitement a good bit as well. I'm definitely looking forward to it, but my hype has died down considerably because I don't know when exactly I'll be able to enjoy my new console.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, more excited than the PS4 launch because of BC. It's likely I'll be playing PS4 games for a while as I have a ton to play. I didn't end up buying a PS4 until it was 200 USD because there was no BC.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't care, really. In one year or two it will be good, but nothing about the launch excites me.

There's one thing that I would like to try (NMS VR on PS5) and I can't because they couldn't give any less of a fuck about VR, with a new camera that doesn't support it and needing an adapter for the older one to work. Good job Sony.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
I'm not being internet sassy but I genuinely don't get what there is to be excited about with these console launches. Nice triggers on a controller isn't a huge deal to me.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super excited. So excited I've considered really trying to grab a Series X despite there being little of interest on the console for me til Avowed probably. I never preordered one but as we get closer I'm just sort of like...I want it.

PS5 I'm pumped for. Really excited to play Spiderman, and my wife wants to play sackboy with me. She never wants to play games so thats got me even more excited than I would've been..

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Can't get excited until we get orange menace out of office. Legit my brain won't even let me think about it. Need to get the work done before play.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta get through the election first. That's occupying most of my brain at the moment.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be a good chaser for whatever happens tomorrow with the election. If Biden wins then woo hoo time to get down with some celebratory Demon's Souls if not well at least we have new consoles to distract us from the next 4 years.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been so excited to allot $300 to something a month and a half in advance that I have no clue about

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
For now, I am looking forward to quick resume and faster load times. For me, the quality leap between these two generations won't be obvious for a while.
What I want to see is better games; great characters, good stories and engaging worlds.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't get a PS5 preorder so I'm not very excited.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Always excited for the release of the next gen of consoles. Can't wait to see what experiences my hobby delivers with these new machines. Got an email from PlayStation saying my order shipped and I got excited but it was just my charging stand.

Aug 30, 2020
I wouldn't have even preordered had it not been so easy. I'm going with it because I figure I'll actually have a good reason to want it sooner or later.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This same thread was made about a week ago or so and in that one I put that I was not too excited, but that has changed and I am very excited.

Will be picking up my Series X on Tuesday morning. I have moved all of my Xbox One, OG Xbox and 360 games onto two 4tb SSD's (getting rid of my HDD's). I also have a few games pre-ordered/pre-installed via Game Pass.

Then a few days later will pick up my PS5. I bought a standard 1tb SSD for storage of PS4 games and when they finally announce which internal SSD's work the same as the internal will get one of those.

But pretty excited now. Can't wait!

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I don't have a pre-order so I'm tempering my excitement. I'm sure once I find a Series X online I'll be chomping at the bit to get it in my house. All the reviews and previews will keep me occupied until then.

Bird Feedr

Sep 18, 2020
I'm not massively excited, but I know when it arrives and I'm plugging it in I'll be feeling good.

Just wish there was some amazing new game to try out, but there's nothing at the moment for me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Admittedly not very excited. I'm mostly going to be playing what I already play on PS4.... I probably won't buy any ps5 launch titles yet. I won't truly be excited until I'm playing FFXVI on my ps5 because that is a day I can't wait for and the whole reason for my ps5 purchase. So for now nope. And I also can't bring myself to care about Xbox series x since Halo is having problems. Unless they announce some exclusives jrpgs I won't be picking one up.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've waited for this for years and of course 2020 comes and I get furloughed and lost most of my income. It sucks. I was really looking forward to a PS5.

mrqs

Oct 25, 2017
Most excited in years. Maybe a decade.

This gen is going to be amazingly satisfying to watch it unfold.

SSD will change how videogames are made. Both MS and Sony have wildly different strategies.

Is going to be the most interesting generation in many, many years.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I keep checking to see if I got charged for my Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store like every few minutes. So I'm excited. Hah. Take my money already!

I'm hoping to also get a PlayStation 5 soon if I can, somehow. Until then, I plan to just play Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Not really excited. To be honest I'm more excited to play Pikmin 3 for the first time than anything exclusive to either the Series X or PS5. Hopefully they'll pick up steam with more exclusives eventually but for now all the next-gen games I'd want to play are releasing on current gen platforms as well (Miles Morales, Sackboy, Black Ops Cold War)

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Not excited. The consoles have too much mystery shrouded around them for being so close to coming out. More excited for the future however as these consoles will actually have multiple next generation exclusives worth buying by then. So far the Medium is the neatest game on Next Gen to me that is launching soon. Cyberpunk honestly is the game I was looking forward to this year more than anything and having a high end PC kind of really takes the wind out the graphics of these consoles for me as well.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I'm over here in SoCal hoping and praying our COVID numbers don't spike enough to force another shutdown before I can pick my PS5 up at GameStop. With all the Halloween parties and no masks I saw on Instagram over the weekend, the numbers next week may be rough.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Very excited. The DualSense, my new incoming headsets, plus visuals will truly make for a highly immersive experience for most games. Looking forward to DS Remake.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't able to snag a preorder so while I certainly am looking forward to next-gen I'm not excited about the launch next week. Once I can get a PS5 that'll likely change but I imagine I won't be going out of my way to get one until sometime next year.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes I get excited but... in all honesty, the state of the world just kinda zapped all the new gen hype away. Not being able to meet up with people to enjoy it or check it out at stores is a giant bummer.

Plus the election has me a bit worried. There's just too much going on right now. I'll turn my attention to next gen sometime in the future for sure. But the launch hype is less than usual just from everything else going on right now.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Been rocking base systems for 7 years. Got a 4K tv finally. Can't wait to play all my favorites super charged and await a new generation.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm far more excited for the PS5 than I was for the PS4. So ready for cartridge-era fast load times, the new controller, plus free upgrades for cross gen games (which means not having to rebuy MK11 and keeping my super cheap Cyberpunk PS4 preorder), and a new Spider-Man game at launch.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Normally I'm frothing at the mouth for new consoles but a few months ago I built a high end gaming PC and was amazed at the difference in graphical quality over the PS4 Pro. I'm really into eye candy in games and felt like I'd wasted the "wow" factor playing some of these games for the first time on inferior hardware. Another HUGE perk on PC is not losing all my downloaded games everytime a new gen rolls around. It's cool that PS5 can play PS4 games but who knows it PS6 will play PS4, 5 etc. I'd rather just buy most of my stuff on PC and not leave this sorta thing to chance.

Besides all this I would still buy a PS5 if there was a black colour and any launch games I actually wanted. Demon's Souls is the only one that looks good but I finished this when it originally launched on PS3 and I'm not really into replaying stuff atm.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly excited, I won't really be able to fully enjoy it until December 8Th when Destiny 2 ps5 patch comes.

Would have been more excited if I could buy spider man remastered separately. Or put my Ps4 spider man disc in and get a option to upgrade it for a fee. Now I wait for a sale.

Regret Truth

Oct 28, 2017
I was fortunate enough to secure both XSX and PS5. I'm not that excited for the launch. This should change next year or so when games start taking advantage of their hardware capabilities

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
These will be my first Sony / Microsoft launch consoles.

If a new Nintendo console was launching however, I would be far more excited.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm pretty excited.

It still feels a little too early, not enough interesting new releases on the horizon yet. And not much news on how the older games are getting enhanced (I need more 4K X enhanced games, c'mon).

I won't be there day 1, but I look forward to all the impressions posted here when they launch.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
For the first time in my life, I don't give a fuck.
I guess I'll get a next gen console a few years from now but neither Ms nor Sony have done the bare minimum to get me interested in new hardware.

Oct 31, 2017
I am sooooooooo excited!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Got my PS5 preorder and I'm super ready to kick off the new gen!

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
I was always looking forward to it, fun to watch all the hype, but I've certainly gotten much more excited over the last few weeks as coverage and discussions keep growing. I've got an XSX coming, and hopefully I'll find a PS5 Digital before the end of the year, though I won't hold my breath.

Either way, I'm pumped and ready for these consoles to finally be in people's hands!