• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How excited are you right now?

• I have never been this excited in my life for a new console!

Votes: 227 10.8%
  • I am very excited.

Votes: 723 34.5%
  • I am pretty excited.

Votes: 409 19.5%
  • I am looking forward to next-gen, but I'm not excited.

Votes: 421 20.1%
  • I am indifferent.

Votes: 313 15.0%

• Total voters

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I selected very excited, but our launch is a week later.

And between work, women, hobbies and sleep I don't know how much time I will actually spend with my PS5 after wanting it to come out for so long 🤣 Had it released in mid October I'd have played a ton, I guess, had the first two weeks off since before SARS-CoV-2.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really excited! Nothing will beat Switch + Breath of the Wild launch but this is hype!

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I try not to think about it too much or else the next 48 hours are gonna last a lifetime

Hopefully it's over in 48 hours.. but this may just not for awhile.. I fear some of us will be out marching for democracy, while a majority of the forum is on hour 45 of assassins' creed or demons souls tuned out with the perfect destraction.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, so close. Since I couldn't grab a pre-order I've been a bit out of the loop.

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
I'm pretty excited for demon's souls. Plus it's my first console I'm getting at launch in my life. I would be super gassed/excited if Sony patched frigging Bloodborne to 4k/60fps haha.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I've never been this excited for a console launch like this, cause I've never been able to afford a new console at launch. This year I'll be able to buy a PS5 and I can't fucking wait.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If I had a reservation I would be. Honestly still quite a bit angry about how the PS5 preorders were handled.
lol this is me exactly

I would be really excited if I was getting one.

If I get one on launch I will be glad to join in the internet talk but if I can't score one I am not going to be interested in hearing how much people are enjoying a console I can't get.

Though I am not mad at Sony. I don't think there is a great way to handle things when there is too much demand for a product. Its just a shitty situation for fans but we might just have to wait until February before you can walk into a store and pick one up....

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for the new PC hardware releases to be widely available for my "nexgen" but for folks waiting on the new consoles: Enjoy the excitement of the launch :)

At least something is not a complete shitshow in 2020.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Very. Every game I'm currently playing on my 1X, I'm kind of spite-playing because I'm sitting there going; "this is going to run better and load so much faster when that Series X gets here".

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm pretty excited as it stands because I love playing with new tech. This is the first console launch since the Wii that I didn't work at GameStop during so it's almost refreshing how little I've had "spoiled" for me (it's a weird way to phrase it but if you've worked there during a launch you know). That said, I ordered both from Amazon and there's still no delivery update in sight. I think my excitement may increase when I know exactly when I'm getting my consoles. In some ways it almost doesn't seem real yet. Like, yeah, we got our Pro and One X consoles a few years ago but this gen started SEVEN YEARS AGO and like 2013 feels both like yesterday and yet like another lifetime. So much has changed in my personal in professional lives since then. It's weird. 🤣

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can't imagine I will be able to get one for a while, so not that excited. I'm looking forward to playing demon's souls when I eventually get one.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
My excitement will ramp up once I get a confirmed date for my PS5 from Amazon. That's when it gets real. Still in the realm of surreal until that confirmation.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited, because come this time next week I'm either going to want to celebrate and play video games or drown my sorrows in video games.

Oct 25, 2017
Very. The DualSense sounds like a game changer, Astro looks charming as hell, Miles looks fun and Demon's Souls looks insane.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to it.

I'm excited about the Dualsense and seeing what my favorite Sony studios can do with the additional power of the PS5.
The hardware is great as far as consoles are concerned. But I don't expect to be blown away.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I'm excited but also stressed out because Amazon refuses to give me a definite delivery date. Probably 60/40 excited/stressed. Fine. 70/30. Happy?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Pumped! Picking up my Series X at 8am in just SEVEN DAYS (WE'RE A WEEK FROM NEXT GEN!!) then just have to wait the painful 9 extra days for the PS5 launch.

We're almost there

woah-oh, living on a prayer

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hype levels rising. Sold my PS4 Pro last month and its been weird not being able to play anything.

Gotta get through the election first though.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i cant get one or a 3080 so im mad

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Been exposed to them for a while at work so the excitement has died down, but still got both for my personal use and really looking forward to playing enhanced backwards compatibility versions of games. I do hope they fix the supply issue though as it's still nearly impossible to order any of the 4 SKUs right now

I think we got spoiled with the mid-cycle refresh with the release of the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, because if you compare to the base models from 7 years ago it looks way more impressive. I think this new console cycle will take a year or two to really show how different of an experience we can look forward to and what kind of new things are possible thanks to the various advancements.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
So amped.

giphy.gif

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I would be excited if it wasn't impossible to order a PlayStation 5!

And as a prior Xbox fanboy, the Xbox Series X/S does very little to muster up any enthusiasm at the moment, with non-stop talk about backwards compatible games more so than new games.

Quite happy continuing to play Hades on my Switch Lite in the meantime ... 😊

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I also cant get anything at launch so theres no reason to be excited about anything right now. I didnt partake in the Pre order madness, so its probably looking like next year until I can just buy one. That frustrates me, but I did it to myself.

I am looking forward to Giant Bomb coverage of stuff. I love new tech. But it can wait for myself so im not stressed about getting one on top of my anxiety and depression.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Stoked! Getting in on PS5 preorders in the middle of a conference call was ultimate testimony

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty excited. The new consoles look like nice pieces of hardware so I'm excited to get them in. And I love the backwards compatibility support since I still have some PS4 games I need to finish up.

But I will say, I wish there was a next gen launch title that I was really hyped for. The stuff I'm most eager to play this year (mainly Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Cyberpunk 2077) will be played on PC.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
There's no hardware to buy even if I wanted to. No graphics cards, no PS5, no XSX, nada. Only the XSS no one wants.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Very very excited, but not as much as PS4 launch because the WiiPS360 generation lasted for so long, and we didn't have a mid-gen console either back then. The Pro filled a temporary need for new hardware.

PS4 had a final year with some of the best games of the generation. And it's a generation with some of the best games of all time. I'm more excited about the PS5 having sequels to those games so much earlier than we would normally expect, than I am about just the hardware.

It looks like Sony managed to create a continuous excitement without needing to create artificial hype, they just have to announce the games now, and everyone who is already familiar with their games simply expect the same quality going forward.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Ill get excited when i manage to order it. But its sold out everywhere and im just wondering if im gonna be able to get it before 2021 or not.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't care less about PS5 and XSX, but god I hope Amazon ships my 3080 this month.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't plan on getting either console for a while, so I'm not hyped, but they both do some stuff that I'm really looking forward to.

To be completely honest though, I had no idea they were releasing that soon. I figured they were later this month lol.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond hyped. We launching a new gen with Spidey! and I'm really looking forward to the Dualsense.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Mr American,

I will tell you that I'm really excited for new hardware. It's a special thing. I'm really looking forward for playing Demon's Souls for the first time.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I am very excited, but less so than the previous generations because I finally have a computer as powerful or more than the consoles (upgrade to a 2080TI from an ERA member who got a 3080). I know the SSD times should be even faster on console, and I do still in general prefer console gaming simplicity and exclusives.

So, very excited, but also enjoying gaming on PC and likely unwilling to play games at 30FPS unless they are strictly console exclusives. That's why even something like Watch Dogs Legion, which might theoretically look better on XSX than my PC, I will play on PC at 60fps@1440p.

The resolution for framerate tradeoff is not something I amn willing to do this gen.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Really looking forward to them both. Would have preferred to see more next-gen exclusives, but there's a nice selection of games I'll be getting (Dirt 5, CoD, AC, Miles, Yakuza, Bugsnax, Godfall) that I've been looking forward to for quite a while. I avoided the PS4 Pro and One X and having recently bought a 4K TV, getting to experience it for the first time properly is making it feel more like the beginning of a new generation than the transition from PS3/360 to PS4/Xbox One was.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
im excited for quicker loading times, and the ps5 controller. but loading times aren't games and I don't have a ps5 pre order even though i have a dual sense arriving today. so you could say, i'm excited about being excited in the future? but right now it's like.. I guess i'm looking forward to faster loading?

it also frustrates me how long it took for something like the dual sense to happen. I wish more companies outside of nintendo would keep innovating on their controllers more.... and... well... actually have a good use for those features, not just a couple parlor tricks. but this would require devs to be creative as well, and most, to be blunt, simply arent. here's hoping dual sense fixes that, but it would have been cooler if it was also on xbox. but I get that it's a nice 'ps5 exclusive' feature, for now.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
A combination of not getting a console pre-order, not a bunch of launch games on top of some getting delayed, and managing to get a hold of a 3080 has me a whole lot less excited than I normally would be about a new console release. Still looking forward to it of course though.