• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How excited are you right now?

• I have never been this excited in my life for a new console!

Votes: 227 10.8%
  • I am very excited.

Votes: 723 34.5%
  • I am pretty excited.

Votes: 409 19.5%
  • I am looking forward to next-gen, but I'm not excited.

Votes: 421 20.1%
  • I am indifferent.

Votes: 313 15.0%

• Total voters

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
FOR the launch excited for Dualsense + Demon Souls + Activities + Pulse 3D audio combo.

For the long term all XGS RPG Greatness

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited. I sold my Xbox a little while ago towards the Series X and have been wanting to game again so bad. Next week can't come soon enough.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
too focused on the election and Biden winning this week despite the PS5 coming out next week

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Europeasant here. No console for me next week, so no hype, only misery. D:

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Not excited at all. There ain't nothing at launch available for PS5 only (Miles is PS4 too) that I'm interested in.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited. I couldn't even imagine how excited I would be if this was a normal launch with some more launch titles.

KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
Also in the "Gut is turning waiting for the election to end...and depending on how that goes I can get real excited about the following week" camp. I guess it also depends on if I get my PS5 at launch from Amazon or not? That'll be quite annoying if it slips, but if tomorrow goes well, it can take all the time it needs to get to me.

Beast780

Jan 28, 2018
I have both preordered, but the election and fallout from said election has really hampered my excitement for anything beyond this week.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I am genuinely shocked at the number of "I have never been this excited in my life for a new console!" responses. I'm guessing that's due to external factors more than anything? The launch for both of these systems is fairly tame / this generation doesn't feel like it has run its course to me in the same way thanks to the mid-gen upgrades.

I'm "pretty excited" since I've been without a PS4 for a while and have a number of releases to jump into whenever I decide to join in.

Honestly, next gen is the last thing on my mind at the moment. Once we make it through this week maybe I'll start feeling the hype again.
This, bad timing for this question lol

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited. I've had a base PS4 this whole gen. I held off on getting a Pro to just wait for next gen, so PS5 is going to be a huge upgrade for me. So in addition to the launch games, I'll have a good handful of backwards compatible games that I've been holding off on to play with SSD loading times + better framerate / resolution.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited for the console I'll get (Series X) but I'm dissapointed by the games offered at launch if that make sense. At least playing all the games I'm playing now will be a lot more fun without shit framerate/resolution. I really wished we had a new Halo. :(

Still undecided about what game I want to get between Valhalla and Watch Dogs.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I am very excited but couldnt manage to secure an Xbox for launch. I hope I get one by the end of the year at least. I am going to *feel* the upgrade going from base consoles this whole gen all the way to the XSX.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I actually forgot it was coming up already. Pre-order in and looking forward to playing some Miles, but definitely not the same hype level I have for most gens.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I'll be excited when I get notified by amazon that a console is actually going to ship. I have a pre-order in my orders history....i think...just waiting for the email telling my I'm getting one.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Very little. Ordered Series X but genuinely don't know if I will buy a game for it this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I am pummpppppeeeddd! I am excited to get both a Series X and PS5 day 1 on their respective dates. Really though I just can't wait to play Demon's Souls again.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
One of them is releasing next week the other a week after, what are you talking about!? *cries in EU*

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm probably in the minority in that I do not care about next gen at all, I'm not excited in the slightest, except for the benefits that SSD's bring to the new systems. But I don't care about the new games besides FFXVI, and I don't see a reason why games need the visual improvements at all. Current gen games look good as is, and we don't need to have more things that increase development cost/resources.

I sound like a pessimist lol, but honestly I think now is a good time to invest in current gen systems INSTEAD of next gen.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I'm older with more anxiety and depression as ever so no, I'm not that excited. But I'll get one eventually.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I'm somewhat indifferent, to be honest. I'm getting the PS5 because my wife is gifting it to me but I even offered her to wait a year since I feel like I could wait on it but she really wants to give it to me I guess, lol. I'll play Miles Morales, Demon's Souls and then it'll be a Warzone/PS4 BC machine for god knows when.

I decided to wait a bit more before I bite for an Xbox. No hurry, although I may get a series S because the price is almost impulse buy territory.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to play some COD and most likely Sackboy/Demon Souls... kinda wanted more gameplay footage (esp COD) from these consoles.

And some silly things like how my Astro's would work... I'm honestly not that excited just yet but I'm sure I will be the day of.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get excited but first I have to scrape through this week in one piece as work is currently an absolute train wreck. But from next week I hope to start getting excited if my XSX ships from GAME. Then some living vicariously through the US PS5 launch and likely a bunch of incendiary DF videos (which I hope most people will take with a pinch of salt as launch software often comes in hot so isn't indicative of things as they settle down)

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Got my XSX pre order and extremely excited about the upcoming gen. I skipped Xbox last gen so I'm looking forward to catching up on those exclusives and playing some older favorites. Gonna get a PS5 sometime next year too so this'll be my first gen with all three systems.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for something to play around with, as I did not have an Xbox most of the gen there is a ton of content for me to play with Gamepass when my X arrives. But overall both offering are not too exciting on the onset

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Not as pumped as I was for last gen at this point since launch titles are weak for obvious virus reasons, but I'm still very excited for both consoles. More because I want to play my backlog in higher resolution/frame rate/faster loading.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on or near launch day for many consoles back to my roommate getting an SNES week one, so I'm not insanely excited. But I also have been gaming more that I had been thanks in part to COVID, so I'm pretty excited. I didn't get a PS4 until a couple years in, otherwise I've gotten all the PS systems launch week or day. Fun to be back on that train.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Tbh i've actually forgotten that it's releasing next week. What a nice reminder though.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
On the hype scale I'm at about an 8/10.
I'm looking forward to playing Demon's Souls, Black Ops, Spider-Man, Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed on PS5, but I know after that it's going to be a bit barren until next Summer/Fall.

Which is fine because I'll most likely be replaying and catching up on some PS4 games.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
There's a major election this week and some things vastly overshadow something like a console launch. Maybe I'll be hyped if somehow the problems with this election blow over.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I still can't decide whether to keep my preorder, Sony are providing so few reasons to necessitate upgrading yet. I'll be getting Bugsnax, Sackboy, and Miles, but possibly for PS4/

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
"next week"

Anyways, I would say 7/10. I have not much to play so that helps with the hype.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. I'm more excited for my next video card upgrade. Not enough great games at launch for me to shell out 500+ bucks at this point. Maybe next fall or summer.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm moving to a new place, next month, if Covid and paperwork allows it; therefore getting a new ultrawide 1440p 100hz baller monitor, new ergonomic chair from a reputable brand, adjustable height desk with a solution for cables, all in a dedicated room for work and relax; an all new sofa and armchair (so I can sit reasonably close when solo gaming) adding in a soundbar and Hue lights to go with my Philips TV - and a secondary workstation for my SO in another room.

All of this overshadows any small hype I had about the next generation coming. I did in fact started a new run of Sekiro and slowly playing stuff from last gen at 4k instead.

I also postponed getting the Xbox as the secondary Game Pass client because maybe I will just build another computer instead with the latest stuff, and enjoy 4k maxed out in Valhalla on PC.

There's a major election this week and some things vastly overshadow something like a console launch. Maybe I'll be hyped if somehow the problems with this election blow over.
I try not to think about it too much or else the next 48 hours are gonna last a lifetime

Oct 28, 2017
Have to wait another week here in the UK but I'd say I'm pretty excited right now. If I had a new TV and TV stand I'd be more excited though. Kinda stressing about getting those two things sorted in time for the 19th.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'm starting to feel the excitement more as we get closer. I've been more hyped for launches previously but new consoles are always an exciting time.

At the moment I'm largely worried about the presidential election here in the US tomorrow. After we hopefully see a Biden win, I'll be in full hype mode.