• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who would win in a fight?

• Thor (Marvel Comics)

Votes: 164 50.9%
  • Vegeta (Dragon Ball)

Votes: 158 49.1%

• Total voters

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Thor is going to be having the time of his life in the animation, is he?

I'm sure the feats explain this, but no writer would ever write the latter as happening. And this is coming from someone who thinks DC is great and doesn't like DBZ much. No speedster has any business bodying someone who can move at super-speed and is hella strong.
I mean, there is having the strength and speed…

And there trying to find a way to take down a literal, living paradox, whose much faster and can exploit your weakness by taking away the item that made you a paradox yourself.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
There was never any confirmation that just because the power level chart said he got 50x the first time Goku got Super Saiyan it was gonna be a 50x multiplier every time, nor was it the case that every Super Saiyan form would grant an additional 50x multiplier. These are just assumptions people made because they like big numbers.

Also, the fact that Kaioken works in the anime might be the #1 reason I still prefer Super's manga to the anime. That shit shouldn't work, it doesn't make any sense.
Super Saiyan is 50x
Super Saiyan 2 is 2x that
Super Saiyan 3 is 4x that

There was nothing indicating that the 50x was a one time thing since Super Saiyan is never noted to be weaker after Namek and the manga actually suggests it only gets stronger thanks to Full Power Super Saiyan Goku and Gohan reach in the RoSaT.

Super Saiyan Blue's actual name is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It's Goku and Vegeta going Super Saiyan using God Ki.

The anime describes Goku going Kaioken as Blue being about Ki control and calm minds or some shit IIRC so it's possible to mix the two.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Thor is going to be having the time of his life in the animation, is he?

I mean, there is having the strength and speed…

And there trying to find a way to take down a literal, living paradox, whose much faster and can exploit your weakness by taking away the item that made you a paradox yourself.

Is that the reasoning they went with?

Super Saiyan is 50x
Super Saiyan 2 is 2x that
Super Saiyan 3 is 4x that

There was nothing indicating that the 50x was a one time thing since Super Saiyan is never noted to be weaker after Namek and the manga actually suggests it only gets stronger thanks to Full Power Super Saiyan Goku and Gohan reach in the RoSaT.

Super Saiyan Blue's actual name is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It's Goku and Vegeta going Super Saiyan using God Ki.

The anime describes Goku going Kaioken as Blue being about Ki control and calm minds or some shit IIRC so it's possible to mix the two.

The DBZ anime used Super Saiyan Kaioken in filler. It's a thing they like to do for the sake of hype. What I'm saying is it's something the manga (Z or Super) has never done, with Toriyama I believe at one point saying Kaioken wouldn't actually do anything once Goku was already in Super Saiyan. Likely because it brings up so many questions about how anyone could pose even a minor threat to an opponent if Goku needs Super Saiyan (of any level) + Kaioken to take them down.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
how does kaioken compare to Thor's warrior madness?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean is not like Vegeta uses it, which reminds me is pretty much a dick move that neither Goku or King Kai let anyone learn it like in the time they died after the Saiyan Saga and had to wait
I always got the impression Toriyama doesn't actually like large casts, he just got stuck with one due to Dragonball going on for so long and his storytelling style requiring new characters. So, he just started making some of the less important characters extremely passive in order to write them off more easily afterwards.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I'm gonna guess next time will be Boba Fett's fight (for real this time.) They've done 3 sprite fights in a row, with the season premiere being done by their second 3d team. Meaning the other hasn't released a fight since their section of Saitama vs Popeye.

Or they throw a curve ball and finally use a character that wasn't teased in the s9 preview.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Gonna go with Vegeta on this. The destruction energy can erase things but is slower against those with resistance. He also is much faster than the speed of light. I can see Thor being taken out by that combo.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now I know when Thor throws his hammer he is able to grab ahold of it and travel at speeds faster then light. But actual combat speed wise I could have sworn that I have heard multiple times that he's slower then Wolverine and Captain America.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Now I know when Thor throws his hammer he is able to grab ahold of it and travel at speeds faster then light. But actual combat speed wise I could have sworn that I have heard multiple times that he's slower then Wolverine and Captain America.
He's fast with and without the hammer. Thor literally has Superman stats and a magic hammer.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Looks at the verdicts. Come Monday.

dis-gon-be-good-this-gonna-be-good.gif

Also:

• Managed to get a fourth MCU film despite Iron Man and Captain America only getting three

Well technically Cap will get a 4th movie, albeit it's with Sam Wilson.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
A character coming from an old comic series is always unfair. One, if not multiple, writers have usually come along and made someone A Literal God Who Can Rewrite Reality at some point lol

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Results not that surprising, curious to see the breakdown but I feel like it's gonna be like Broly vs Hulk where it's confirmed to be one sided as hell lol

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
yeah despite wanting him to win, no way Vegeta was gonna beat Thor. Oh well old bean, at least beat up Shadow once. Just a days trip to find the DBs and you're back to thumb pointing

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm curious if they decided not to use because they were like "already too one sided" or if they wanted to save it for a future death battle.
They basically said that they wanted to focus more on Thor's own feats then scaling him to Odin's Power/Odin. They black box'd it by saying that Thorforce would enable Thor to become Multiversial and thus shit stomp Vegeta into the ground

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I'm so glad the "Thor keeps getting exponentially faster everytime he's mentioned" thing keeps going.

Anyway they've finally gone ahead and stated Galactus was wayy beyond anything in Dragon Ball yet (and honestly probably ever will.) It's good to see the show lay out clearly how absolutely insane the cosmology and therefore cosmic-level characters in DC/Marvel can get.

Of course Dragon Ball is ridiculously powerful, especially compared to most other well known shonen. But I feel like its flashiness also leads to some people overestimating it in versus debates.

There's that one famous image of Goku and Vegeta walking towards Marvel and preparing to curbstomp them. Truth is quite a few characters in it could erase everything from the Dragon Ball universe from existence without a sweat, and a good amount more that could beat them in a 1v1 fight.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad the "Thor keeps getting exponentially faster everytime he's mentioned" thing keeps going.

Anyway they've finally gone ahead and stated Galactus was wayy beyond anything in Dragon Ball yet (and honestly probably ever will.) It's good to see the show lay out clearly how absolutely insane the cosmology and therefore cosmic-level characters in DC/Marvel can get.

Of course Dragon Ball is ridiculously powerful, especially compared to most other well known shonen. But I feel like its flashiness also leads to some people overestimating it in versus debates.

There's that one famous image of Goku and Vegeta walking towards Marvel and preparing to curbstomp them. Truth is quite a few characters in it could erase everything from the Dragon Ball universe from existence without a sweat, and a good amount more that could beat them in a 1v1 fight.
I saw this exact picture but with Homelander and Omniman.

I couldn't stop laughing.