• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you will win?

• Sabrewulf (Killer Instinct)

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed during DEATH BATTLE Cast. Sadly the Red vs Blue Episode has been delayed to November 14th so there is not going to be an episode on Sunday/Monday. But the next fight is going to be a Halloween Section and a highly requested episode at that - Sabrewulf from Killer Instinct vs Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers. It's a battle of these two legendary fighting game werewolves. It's going to be animated in sprites by Jetz and the crew and it's going to be extremely bloody and gory.

unknown.png

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Man it's been ages since a Darkstalkers character was used in DB and that was back in season 1.

Don't really get much of the lore with either but gameplay of Talbain was pretty fun to witness, so going for him. Just wish Morrigan had her due.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Going with Jon Talbain mostly because I feel like he is the underdog but Saberwolf has been my Xbox Avatar for the last 7 years

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dark stalkers universe is full of really stupidly powerful characters. Like Marvel/DC cosmic entities stupid

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Darkstalkers can get stupidly high feat-wise. I don't think Talbain himself has anything aside from indirect comparisons though. Talbain's father was apparently Demitri's number 1 rival (and a weakened Demitri ate Pyron, a cosmic being that eats entire solar systems, and that just put him back to his original level), but we don't know how Talbain compares to his father (or Demitri).

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There is no way in hell Saberwulf is winning this if they scale off other characters' feats. Darkstalkers is ludicrously OP (Albeit some of the OPness is exaggerated by the fans).

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is just going to be other character's feats since neither really do much

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

This episode is going to be extremely bloody

Man it's been ages since a Darkstalkers character was used in DB and that was back in season 1.

Don't really get much of the lore with either but gameplay of Talbain was pretty fun to witness, so going for him. Just wish Morrigan had her due.
They have talked about using Morrigan before but couldn't get the perfect matchup for her. Another example of that is Magneto from X-Men but in recent years he has gotten a heavily requested matchup so he's probalby more likely to happen then Morrigan

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
roosterteeth.com

Sabrewulf has the Killer Instincts for DEATH BATTLE! - DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews - S5E35 - Rooster Teeth

Killer Instinct's werewolf is ready to tear his opponent to shreds! Watch The Witches on HBO Max at https://www.hbomax.com/the-witches

Sabrewulf preveiw is out

Spoilers about an episode next year

We are getting a Vampire Episode next year as stated by Wiz and the theme of the season is matchups with a lot of history to them...Dio vs Alucard is probalby happening next year

ddmks3x-49720b13-704f-4786-b8c5-0b65b524320e.png

Axumite

Nov 19, 2017
roosterteeth.com

Sabrewulf has the Killer Instincts for DEATH BATTLE! - DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews - S5E35 - Rooster Teeth

Killer Instinct's werewolf is ready to tear his opponent to shreds! Watch The Witches on HBO Max at https://www.hbomax.com/the-witches

Sabrewulf preveiw is out

Spoilers about an episode next year

We are getting a Vampire Episode next year as stated by Wiz and the theme of the season is matchups with a lot of history to them...Dio vs Alucard is probalby happening next year

ddmks3x-49720b13-704f-4786-b8c5-0b65b524320e.png

No matter what version/level of Alucard they use, I just can't see Dio putting up much of a fight. They would have to heavily limit Alucard in order for this fight to be even remotely entertaining.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
No matter what version/level of Alucard they use, I just can't see Dio putting up much of a fight. They would have to heavily limit Alucard in order for this fight to be even remotely entertaining.
You would think that but....

lswan62.blogspot.com

DEATH PREDICTION: Alucard vs Dio Brando

But first, a quick note... I’ve kept off doing DB predictions for a while to focus on individual character analyses, but I’m getting ...

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Hmmm, that ending was gory. Though I still wouldn't put it at shredder vs silver samurai's ending, only because the gore in that episode was very one-sided and kinda ramped up to 11 out of nowhere.

Episode wise I really liked it. Kinda iffy scaling but w/e. Fight was clean, music was a blast, and we finally got a Halloween fight. Here's hoping to finally getting a certain slasher fight next Halloween, hopefully.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Hmmm, that ending was gory. Though I still wouldn't put it at shredder vs silver samurai's ending, only because the gore in that episode was very one-sided and kinda ramped up to 11 out of nowhere.

Episode wise I really liked it. Kinda iffy scaling but w/e. Fight was clean, music was a blast, and we finally got a Halloween fight. Here's hoping to finally getting a certain slasher fight next Halloween, hopefully.
I mean they said next year is going to be a Vampire Fight and the theme of next season is "Matchups with history to them". So i would be willing to bet Writer Swan's favourite DEATH BATTLE matchup will happen next season

Alucard vs Dio (Hellsing vs JoJo's Bizzare Adventure)

de1boc2-ffb2eaa5-dae4-4066-a3ab-0e0bfb9c991f.jpg

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Scaling has gotten messy, but they didnt go full bad here and victor seems to make sense.

Tbh both Sabre & Jon mainly had feats for comparing to others.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Scaling has gotten messy, but they didnt go full bad here and victor seems to make sense.

Tbh both Sabre & Jon mainly had feats for comparing to others.
Yeah they're both kinda b-listers in their series, so a bit reliant on scaling.

Speaking of b-listers and spooky combatants from fighting games, I'll never stop hoping for a Spinal vs Cervantes fight. I mean, an undead pirate match! Would be really fun to see it in 3d.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Speaking of b-listers and spooky combatants from fighting games, I'll never stop hoping for a Spinal vs Cervantes fight. I mean, an undead pirate match! Would be really fun to see it in 3d.
Same here man. That would be soooo gooood.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017

I'd like to see Sir Daniel get in.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Literally who? for both of these

You see, I also think i's a completely one sided smack down, but in the completely other direction.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
That was definitely an intense fight. So much bait and switching in the animations.

I assumed the fight was wrapped up with Sabrewulf strangling Jon but nope, the former ended up losing his head instead.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That was definitely an intense fight. So much bait and switching in the animations.

I assumed the fight was wrapped up with Sabrewulf strangling Jon but nope, the former ended up losing his head instead.

Agreed, i know some pepole dislike DB using sprite animaiton but i think for a fight like this - Sprite Animation really worked for the fight