• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of Sasuke vs Hiei, the next DEATH BATTLE is going to be Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda vs Dracula from Castlevania - A Battle between Two Legendary Lords of Darkness and it's going to be animated in 3D and for the first time in Source Filmaker with a bunch of 3D Animator guests such as DevilArtemis, Daitomodachi and Doovad Hohdan. It is going to be writen by LSwan52 and going to be released October 14-16.

next_time_on_death_battle__ganondorf_vs_dracula_by_blackace70_ddgsym0-pre.jpg

So who do you think is going to win this fight? Also i know there is technically a thread that was made months earlier about this but this is more related to DEATH BATTLE so i decieded to make a new thread. Also i put this in Etcetera since while this is a DB between two gaming charcters - DB is not a gaming show or series so i thought it should go here.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I like the Zelda series more but Ganondorf is a jobbing ass jobber. Gonna have to give this one to the Count.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do either of them have the means to permanently put the other down?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As long as Ganondorf possesses the Triforce of Power he's gonna keep getting back up, so I guess he could petrify Dracula but idk if that counts as a victory.

At the same time, Ganondorf can be hurt by non-light weapons but they won't kill him forever whereas Dracula seems to only be vulnerable to things tailored specifically to him

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Do either of them have the means to permanently put the other down?

Spoilers obviously.

Story wise Dracula has been semi - permanently killed in 1999 by Julius Belmont (how we don't know since the game was never made). But he was reincarnated as Soma which is the hero in 2 castlevania games. His power even after his death still wonders around but Soma is the only one that can truely absorb it and become Dracula again.

The reason Dracula can't die is because he owns a stone that absorbs all dead vampire powers, so when he dies he reabsorbs his power and get revived.

Also most of the Dracula's you beat in game are extremely weakened versions of him. I think only Trever and Simon have killed a fully powered Dracula.

The winner should be Dracula

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers obviously.

Story wise Dracula has been semi - permanently killed in 1999 by Julius Belmont (how we don't know since the game was never made). But he was reincarnated as Soma which is the hero in 2 castlevania games. His power even after his death still wonders around but Soma is the only one that can truely absorb it and become Dracula again.

The reason Dracula can't die is because he owns a stone that absorbs all dead vampire powers, so when he dies he reabsorbs his power and get revived.

I see

I guess it depends on how much credence they give to the Triforce of Power then. On one hand, there have been Links who have beaten him without the Master Sword, and he has been killed only to be resurrected by some other villain. On the other hand, he survived his own execution and the go-to way to get rid of him is to seal him away with the Master Sword.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ganondorf is the most over wrestler in VGCW history

Oct 27, 2017
Well Ganondorf's triforce piece did revive him when he died so it's hard to say if he can be permanently killed when he has literal Deus ex machina on his side

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What do you consider "death" if it's possible for said person to live again? It's akin to fainting in Pokemon
True but Dracula could kill Ganondorf via sending him in a black hole to remain forever trapped there and he wouldn't come back. The Winner can still kill the loser and that would count as a victory even if they are likely to come back later

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I fee like it depends on what version of Ganondorf you're taking about. Older, Windwaker Ganondorf would probably give Dracula more of a pause than the more iconic OoT version.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll have the cartoon ganon in the feats

I always loved when he floated/teleported around the underworld lol

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As long as Ganondorf possesses the Triforce of Power he's gonna keep getting back up, so I guess he could petrify Dracula but idk if that counts as a victory.

At the same time, Ganondorf can be hurt by non-light weapons but they won't kill him forever whereas Dracula seems to only be vulnerable to things tailored specifically to him
Drac can be killed by random shit he just has laying about his castle. "Hey, tiny ghost pal. Go ahead and just hang onto that Crissaegrim for me, yeah?"

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Link in the first LoZ didn't have the master sword iirc but he was able to beat Ganon

Nov 17, 2017
Where are you getting that? It's always been the same Ganondorf
Almost always with one exception: Four Swords Adventures. The Ganondorf from that game is a new reincarnation as the previous died in Twilight Princess which takes place before that game. This guy:

ganny_oracles.jpg

That's the thing about Ganondorf, usually when he dies... he dies. In Adult Timeline, he's killed at the end of Wind Waker. In the Child Timeline, Link kills him in Twilight Princess. In the Fallen Timeline, he dies but I believe he is resurrected by his minions instead of reincarnating. Zelda 2 is all about his minions trying to revive him and the Oracle games are about Twinrova trying to resurrect him. So he definitely dies and doesn't simply come back as the same Ganondorf unless he is revived by magic from an outside source.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Ganondorf can essentially only be killed by the Master Sword, whereas Dracula has been put to rest by people outside of the Belmont clan.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers obviously.

Also most of the Dracula's you beat in game are extremely weakened versions of him. I think only Trever and Simon have killed a fully powered Dracula.

The winner should be Dracula
They clear state they put down Dracula by sealing the castle away which needs to exist so he can revive. So his soul was forced reincarnate