• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will win: Cable or Booster Gold?

• Cable

Votes: 87 72.5%
  • Booster Gold

Votes: 33 27.5%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of Goro vs Machamp, the next DEATH BATTLE features a battle between Marvel and DC's main time travellers and tech experts, Cable from X-Men and Booster Gold from DC Comics.Who do you think is going to win this fight?

cable_vs_booster_gold_by_deluxehorse_ddu4fhw-fullview.jpg

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I only knew Cable by name and had no idea who TF Booster Gold was before this lol.

I've read on the wiki that Booster stomps, but then apparently Cable is an Omega level mutant (well, sometimes.) I don't really have a horse in this either way.

I just really hope the one after this is Obi-Wan's fight so it comes out on May 4th.

Oct 25, 2017
I only knew Cable by name and had no idea who TF Booster Gold was before this lol.

I've read on the wiki that Booster stomps, but then apparently Cable is an Omega level mutant (well, sometimes.) I don't really have a horse in this either way.

I just really hope the one after this is Obi-Wan's fight so it comes out on May 4th.
Booster is kitted all to hell but he doesn't really use most of it effectively.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is not a fair fight.
Cable is trained soldier from the day he was born, telekinetic, telepath, likes BIG guns and has more pouches.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, when's Danny Phantom vs. whoever and Alucard vs DIO?

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm going to need to see some REALLY convincing logic as to why Booster would have a chance here.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
We going to skip all the way over a J tier telepath (Max Lord) use to work Booster like a mule?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Don't honestly know much about Booster Gold beyond his appearances in Justice League Unlimited and Action.

So out of personal preference Cable. Wasn't even that long since I watched Deadpool 2 for the first time. Josh Brolin made for a great Cable (and I enjoyed his Thanos as well)!

And I enjoyed the last episode of DB. I'm satisfied with the result!

Oct 25, 2017
This is so laughably one-sided for Cable at any point in his history, the entire video should be five seconds long.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This is a one sided stomp for either character depending on whether or not DB team subscribes to Booster Gold will always become a future host for Waverider in the future or not. If they don't Cable stomps. If they do then Waverider has to get involved and Cable is toast.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
This is a one sided stomp for either character depending on whether or not DB team subscribes to Booster Gold will always become a future host for Waverider in the future or not. If they don't Cable stomps. If they do then Waverider has to get involved and Cable is toast.

Pretty much the only way I can see this going.

Ursquidicuss

Mar 22, 2020
BG has...

Flew on par with Flash fast enough to tap into the Speed Force.

Managed to tag Barry Allen.

His force field was also able to raise itself just in time to intercept Doomsday's punch.

Dodges what may be light beams (they're supposed to be color-themed and are described as beams, but not explicitly as light) Note: in the next issue, page 15, he describes one of his beams as light.

With his forcefield, stopped a blast that was breaking down the planet on a subatomic level.

Survived attacks from Trigon using his force field.

Survived blows from Doomsday without his forcefield up.

Took a hit from Captain Atom.

can resist matter manipulation

Composed entirely of chronal energy, making him intangible and unable to be hurt by physical attacks (also likely by matter manipulation and telepathy as he doesn't have a body or a brain and can just reform from attacks).

Unlimited time travel across all of time and space, as well as sending others to different points in time and different universes against their will. This also allows him to exist in multiple places at once, giving him a pseudo-omnipresence.

Idk much about Cable but I wouldn't count Booster out yet.

Mar 13, 2019
Ehh, usually when there's a majority over there, that character usually wins. Last time the majority opinion was wrong over there was Sasuke vs Hiei.

Anyways, I know 2 of the G1 researchers think Booster wins since he can resist all of Cable's hax and is much, much faster. Strength should be fairly even though. Also, they may be including Waverider Booster, who is the literal god of time.

Personally, I want Cable to win, but this really seems like another DC herald win as is usual. We'll see soon.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Strip both charaters of their powers and Cable wins on his 40+ years of battlefield experience.
With powers, we are talking about a man who comes from farther away in the future, with better weaponry, telekinesis, telepathy and that has fought the Silver Surfer to a standstill.
I like Booster, he is great, but he is way over his head here.

Ursquidicuss

Mar 22, 2020
Ehh, usually when there's a majority over there, that character usually wins. Last time the majority opinion was wrong over there was Sasuke vs Hiei.

Anyways, I know 2 of the G1 researchers think Booster wins since he can resist all of Cable's hax and is much, much faster. Strength should be fairly even though. Also, they may be including Waverider Booster, who is the literal god of time.

Personally, I want Cable to win, but this really seems like another DC herald win as is usual. We'll see soon.

Genos was also HEAVILY favored over War Machine.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cable is OP as shit, but booster has gadgets galore

Nah,Cable has 40 something wars and can go toe to toe with captain america, and got powers on top of that

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strip both charaters of their powers and Cable wins on his 40+ years of battlefield experience.
With powers, we are talking about a man who comes from farther away in the future, with better weaponry, telekinesis, telepathy and that has fought the Silver Surfer to a standstill.
I like Booster, he is great, but he is way over his head here.
Cable is an underrated Xman, and character

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn slaughter, Cable once fought the Silver Surfer and as they where throwing down telekintetically rebuilding the city they were destroying. Cause you know they are fucking beasts.
For reference:
" Cable and Deadpool #10 features a Cable who has learned to suppress his debilitating techno-organic virus to a nearly effortless degree, which enables him to access the full potential of his massive psionic abilities. He attempts to use his powers to encourage the people of the world to live peacefully, but using his powers on this scale also means that he will die, as his body isn't strong enough to physically maintain them. As a result, he attempts to carry out his plan quickly, defeating the X-Men, Power Pack and S.H.I.E.L.D. with minimal exertion. However, they even the odds somewhat when they enlist the aid of the Silver Surfer. Cable and the Surfer battled relentlessly, destroying buildings and other structures in their wake, but the cool visual here is that the buildings were immediately rebuilt by Cable's vast telekinesis as the battle was taking place. And this is all happening while Cable tries in vain to explain his good intentions to the Surfer. Although Cable managed to destroy the Surfer's board (an impressive feat in itself) and briefly held his own against the Surfer, he was ultimately defeated when the Surfer destroyed Cable's arm. Eventually Cable recovered but his psionic powers had virtually disappeared. "

X-MEN (ALL OF THEM) defeated and fighting silver motherfucking Surfer. Thread over.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
If they use feats from that Prediction Blog then Booster Gold is so surprisingly strong.

Like, WTF levels of strong.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I had forgotten that Convergence actually gave Booster Gold's barrier that feat of completely neutralizing a punch from Silver Age Superboy. If they use that, I'm pretty sure he wins this even without Waverider. Although that seems way stronger than his barrier is generally portrayed to be (compare with Doomsday hitting him with the forcefield on and still sending him flying away).

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I'm honestly getting sick of the DC wins on this show. I feel bad saying that since I fully acknowledge that

1. Most of them deserved their wins

and 2. I doubt they go into these matches with the intent of stroking DC's dick in online versus debates between fictional characters

but it's to the point where just seeing another dc character in the "next time" has me rolling my eyes. There's some many characters and properties they can use that could actually lead to some fun speculation and debate. There's still only 1 JoJo/Persona/MHA character, none from non FF7 final fantasy/asoiaf/Witcher/elder scrolls/World of Warcraft/any 2010's cartoon, and etc.

Mar 13, 2019
Lol was trying to say that everyone on the DB Wiki was going Booster for a reason.

Anyways, if the live action fight of the season really is Red Hood vs Winter Soldier like many are theorizing, then the DC streak will end there. We'll see in time.

Last edited: