• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Why do they keep snubbing 13 Sentinels and Yakuza: LAD?????

In the case of 13 Sentinels, probably a case of exposure/the genre being under the radar in general...strategy/visual novel isn't going to hit for a lot of mainstream players, plus the title/style may make it seem like one of those halfbaked "Erogenius Alpha X Underscore: Infinfite Root Letter" type of games that no one ever really plays but that comprised 80% of the Vita's late life library.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Best GOTY list so far with that Clubhouse Games and SoR4 shoutout

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I don't even recognize some of these games titles. It's been like that with several of these year end GOTY discussions and articles.

I only play on ps and switch so I've missed alot. Or there are too many games to keep up with.

Either way it seems everyone likes hades. It's been one of the few consistent games I've seen besides animal crossing on these lists.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Have had Cloudpunk sitting in my library but apparently the devs are working on making new additions to the story, so I'm waiting on that before I jump in. Good to see it mentioned though.

Also, the lack of Disco Elysium on too many of these GOTY lists is real disappointing

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Crusader Kings III reminds me of the Super Mario Iceberg picture with how deep it can be. I only started putting in the work to learn it yesterday.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Finally an actually good GOTY list. Maybe that's because it's super close to my tastes, but
There is No Game, Clubhouse Games, If Found..., Murder By Numbers, Paradise Killer were all awesome. I will definitely be checking out all the games on this list I haven't heard of before.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
An excellent list in which variety is the main driver. I'm particularly interested in If Found..., which I've read about being a great game previously, but until now I found out more about it.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Very happy to see Clubhouse Games get a nod. It's certainly not going to set the world on fire, but for more casual players, it's absolutely incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
Clubhouse Games is a great choice. It had a lot of little smart design touches to make famous but very complicated games more approachable to newcomers

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow they have great taste in indies! Disc Room and Paradise Killer were really great games. I'll have to go check their previous lists to find more games to play.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy to see Cloudpunk on the list. I was worried this year's best cyberpunk game would get snubbed.

It's a neat game to play, very chill, and it especially shines with the post-launch patches. It's fresh and has an excellent emotional build-up over the course of the game, not to mention a very cool cyberpunk city.

Also happy to see Monster's Expedition and Through the Darkest of Times, although I haven't played them. Glad to see lists like these that promote meaningful games.

100%

It's both a blessing and a curse that those QoL patches dropped after the game's launch.

Simply awesome that the dev actually listened to fan feedback and delivered. A shame that those in the press who played at launch and moved on after missed out on them.

Simple adds like 3rd Person camera rotation, 1st Person camera on foot, and custom vehicle cockpit camera view bump up the immersion dramatically.

Anyway, super-happy to see Cloudpunk get a nod. It really is the cyberpunk world we deserved in 2020.