• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puts the political moves of the last 2-3 years in a new light- was it just because the worse of the two wasn't able to control it anymore?
an upsetting thought
The tweetchain as a whole is complete trash.
rich liberals who didn't like his politics but liked his money coming to cultural institutions in big cities
Ah, yes, the real problem is nonprofits dependent on donor funding in those evil un-American cities, and not the tea party bullshit they were funding throughout REAL AMERICA.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can read that he is certainly controversial, but he did some good as well.

I am the first to celebrate death of very bad, cruel and mean people, but for some reason you think it's fine celebrate the death of any shade of "I don't like this person". I can only assume it's a cultural thing in america.

Or maybe there is something I missed about him
This is a pathetic response to a death. Are we a bunch of kids here with this glee filled ridiculous response on death ?

I swear if Hitler existed and died in this era we would have people who would go "Yeah he was bad but look what he did to the German economy, we shouldn't be children and celebrate his death because we don't like him"

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
giphy.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Good way to start the weekend.

Sadly nothing will change in the grand scheme of things.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is a pathetic response to a death. Are we a bunch of kids here with this glee filled ridiculous response on death ?

When the person in question directly funded propaganda outlets and trained people to disseminate disinformation to get Bolsonaro elected, which has led to the Amazon becoming a bonfire, you can feel good about said shit human being finally kicking the bucket.

Every day he lived on this Earth he worked to make it worse for others for his own gain.

You'd be tut-tutting if we were celebrating General Butt Naked dying.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this guy and this family. The Koch's and people like them have caused the suffering of millions.

Oct 25, 2017
I can read that he is certainly controversial, but he did some good as well.

I am the first to celebrate death of very bad, cruel and mean people, but for some reason you think it's fine celebrate the death of any shade of "I don't like this person". I can only assume it's a cultural thing in america.

Or maybe there is something I missed about him
You should look up some reactions when Thatcher died before calling this "an American thing"

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Also despite all the philanthropy the asshole did, he's still responsible for so much shit being wrong today.
Fuck philanthropy as a cover for inhumane shit.
It wasn't good for Al Capone, it certainly won't be good for the Koch cocks.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
It's days like this I wish hell was real. Let me know when I can visit he grave and spit on it.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
this guy was so universally reviled we haven't even gotten a mod post about how we shouldn't celebrate someone's death

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
David Koch isn't going to play the next Metroid or know how the third Star Wars trilogy ends, either. Que lastima.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
So this is maybe the biggest person so far to die with billions in their bank accounts that has greatly impacted on the lives of millions and billions people living and yet to be born, in a profoundly negative way

This is what capitalism looks like people

This is what its all about

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

She's absolutely right. If there are no adults in the room, the house is toast. I was taught from a very young age through family and my faith that celebrating anyone's is just rude behavior. Be the person the dead person who was bad wasn't and isn't anymore. As an Ahmadi Muslim we were under the thumb and many put to death under dictator zia ul Haq. When his plane blew up we did not celebrate or bake cakes or have parties, we prayed and hoped that those who follow learn a lesson not to be like zia and wished his family would come to realization that his work while he was alive was bad for the nation