• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 9, 2018
www.thedailybeast.com

The New Yorker to Jeffrey Toobin: Beat It!

The top writer had been suspended last month after exposing himself during a video call with colleagues.

The New Yorker has fired staff writer Jeffrey Toobin after a weeks-long investigation into an incident in which he exposed himself during a video call with colleagues last month.

"I am writing to share with you that our investigation regarding Jeffrey Toobin is complete, and as a result, he is no longer affiliated with our company," read a memo from Stan Duncan, CondƩ Nast's chief people officer, to staffers obtained by The Daily Beast.

Previous thread:

www.resetera.com

Vice: New Yorker Suspends Jeffrey Toobin for Zoom Dick Incident

The headline says it all pretty much. (EDIT: headline has been changed: New Yorker Suspends Jeffrey Toobin for Masturbating on Zoom Call) https://www.vice.com/en/article/epdgm4/new-yorker-suspends-jeffrey-toobin-for-zoom-dick-incident EDIT:

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
How bad was this Toobin masturbating incident? Are we talking a brief glimpse, or long extended period where viewers can see him gratifying himself?

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
He shall be forever be remembered for this move, when you jack it in a remote meeting, you are toobin' it

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
How bad was this Toobin masturbating incident? Are we talking a brief glimpse, or long extended period where viewers can see him gratifying himself?
He literally aimed the webcam at his junk. Apparently he was on another zoom call during a work break (presumably a cybersex thing?) and didn't realize he was still on the work call too.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I want to post the dodger gif, but I'm afraid it might be considered NSFW.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Googled his name and apparently he had a child through an affair and goes to swingers clubs alot. Guy seems to have a sex addiction.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Did they make joke videos about Zoom calls on this sorta thing? Before this even happened?

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Looking forward to the Anthony Weiner and Jeffrey Toobin podcast.

Edit: They should call it 'All Out: With Toobin and Weiner'

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
As a veteran writer, I bet it's going to be really tough for him to resist the urge to ever use the cliche "the emperor has no clothes" ever again, but yeah... he's going to want to delete that one from his lexicon.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
There's a part of me that feels bad - I think what he did was just extremely stupid and probably not malicious but now this is the main thing he's going to be known for forever. At the same time though you kinda have to fire someone after an incident like this so I have no problem with the New Yorker's decision here.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
WFH Pro-Tips: Always use the hardware shortcut that disables your camera, until you really really want to be seen.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
There's a part of me that feels bad - I think what he did was just extremely stupid and probably not malicious but now this is the main thing he's going to be known for forever. At the same time though you kinda have to fire someone after an incident like this so I have no problem with the New Yorker's decision here.

Maybe I misinterpreted this, but wasn't he staring at his coworker on their camera feed and jacking it? That's fucking wildly inappropriate and invasive.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Investigation:

INVESTIGATOR: Hey man, were you jacking it?

TOOBIN: šŸ˜ž yes.

*weeks later*

NEW YORKER: Our through investigation is complete and our investigators have presented their findings to the New Yorker editorial staff who, after much deliberation, have chosen to let Mr. Toobin go. We again would like to thank our investigation team for such a full investigation.