• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Nm. I was wrong.

EDIT: it was pointed out that Resetera started in late Oct 2017. My mistake.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about instead of all the hot takes of this doesn't matter, well, it does matter, if you care about it maybe try to have some conversations with those you know who might be persuadable into it matttering. Just a thought.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Ei9SGQzX0AERJlj

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Trump is gonna fake news this because of NYTs decision to not publish the records.

News: "NYT reports that youclaimed $2.2 million in charitable deductions when IRS allowed only $10,000?"

Trump: "I didn't. Fake news."

News: "then how much did you claim?"

Trump: "10,000."

News: "Can you show us that?"

Trump: "No, I can't release my taxes because I'm under audit"

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
That's the day Resetera opened, geniuses.

And I am saying, just because I am snarky to someone being holier then thou because they are using this political news to make a completely unrelated point about Biden and the Dems sucking?

End of the day, this post is about Trump. Using it as a pivot to shame people for engaging in the political process isn't it. And I have no problem calling it out.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I feel like Trump is gonna fake news this because of NYTs decision to not publish the records.

News: "NYT reports that youclaimed $2.2 million in charitable deductions when IRS allowed only $10,000?"

He already did in the conference earlier today

Nov 2, 2017
He's a draft dodger, is disgusted by fallen veterans, doesn't pay taxes and has financed many democrat politicians. Why do republicans like him again? He stands for everything they supposedly don't like.

Such a stain on America.

Because Trump is "one of them" and that's all that matters. That's all that conservatism is, everything else is lip service and PR. They don't actually value the military, the government, or any of those other things, and hoping you can win them over by trying to embody those attributes isn't going to do the job you think it will.

Conservatives have no principles, they only have in-group vs out-group. The one thing they care bout is Trump's hate, that's the thing that binds them to him. In order to break that spell, you would have to prove that he's not a bigot, and that's maybe the one area where he seems sincere.

EDIT: Found the quote I was looking for, which, oddly, seems to stem from a comment the author left on his own blog:
Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit:

There must be in-groups whom the law protectes but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time.

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep, without publishing the tax records he can just say it's fake.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
"They demonstrate that he was far more successful playing a business mogul than being one in real life."

www.nytimes.com

Charting an Empire: A Timeline of Trump’s Finances (Published 2020)

Tax records provide a <a href="https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html">detailed history</a> of President Trump’s business career, revealing huge losses, looming financial threats and a large, contested refund from the I.R.S.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Trump is doing what most rich people are doing. We need to have a serious look at how we can get rich people who are cheating the state out billions (maybe even trillions) of dollars to pay their fair share. This is so ubiquitous, don't make the mistake of thinking it's a special case.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
They don't reveal any previous "unreported connections to Russia", which is why i was mainly interested in them.

Oh well.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody explain this to me but the IRS has had this info for years right because, well, it's the IRS. So we already know nothing technically illegal is going on right? So the info is more about knowing about Trump's financial situation than some "gotcha, tax evasion!" thing?
The article details numerous examples of likely illegal activity but cannot definitively prove any of it given the information they have available to them. We now know where the bodies are buried, so to speak, but they haven't been unearthed yet. We don't know yet if the IRS dug up the bodies but we know they have been searching for them since 2011.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

NYT obtains 2 decades of Trump's tax info; he paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won presidency

According to The New York Times, Trump paid only $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency and again during his first year in office.

Trump on Sunday said the story was "totally fake news" and "made up" although he acknowledged he "didn't know anything about the story" ahead of its publication, which came moments before his press conference began.

Asked about the report stating he paid just $750 in federal income tax in 2016 and again in 2017, Trump said he's "paid a lot of money in state" taxes, though he was not specific about how much.

He again pledged to make his taxes public after the completion of an IRS audit, which he has said for years is why he is not making the documents public.

ha ha ha

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
This just means he's smart! I love smart people. I wish I was smart. I wish I had money. *votes Republican*

/s

Yeah, this should surprise absolutely no one.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
You joined the same day.
Trust no one.

Somebody explain this to me but the IRS has had this info for years right because, well, it's the IRS. So we already know nothing technically illegal is going on right? So the info is more about knowing about Trump's financial situation than some "gotcha, tax evasion!" thing?
Can't make that assumption. The tax gap is almost as large as the deficit. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump caught a break.