• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're all fixing to pay more for our next-gen consoles + games and accessories 😭

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say anything about Baron yet. He might yet still be saved.
Barron is an Arsenal fan which gives me hope for the lad.

GettyImages-696922402.jpg

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The NY AG is most likely looking to compare his reported earnings in his taxes against what he told banks he was making. Chances are, he was lying and inflating his earnings on his bank loan applications in order to get big loans for his businesses.

I posted above that he may have lied about his earnings to banks, and then used bankruptcy to get out of paying back the loans.

That's a double-dose of loan fraud.

Deutsche Bank is probably reviewing those tax records as we speak, among other banks, as well as prosecutors.

If Trump lied on any of those loan applications, he's fucked. Chances are, he used the same bullshit "my taxes are being audited" excuse to the banks when they requested docs, so he may have only provided them actual cash value of his business assets, without any mention of his debts.
Isn't there also the insurance fraud angle to look at? Possibly misrepresenting the value of his properties and such.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why this specifically matters after what he has done and who he is, but it really is infuriating. Denying it outright seems like a bad idea. It doesn't even let him keep his I don't pay because I'm smart defense.

How bout no. What is it with the Biden cult getting all pressed when people express actual leftist views.

It's always disheartening. And you already got a both sides attack.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the person on the other side of Trump who will be attacking Trump didn't serve as Senator of the state synonymous with Tax Avoidance.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's a draft dodger, is disgusted by fallen veterans, doesn't pay taxes and has financed many democrat politicians. Why do republicans like him again? He stands for everything they supposedly don't like.

Such a stain on America.

Oct 27, 2017
He should've been forced to divest himself of all holdings while in office. And it doesn't count when your kids take over and they're basically in your damn cabinet.

What a shitshow.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If Nixon was seen as a tax fraud back in the day, I don't even know what to call Trump. Just wow.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
What is it with trolls doing derails in a thread about Trump's taxes?

Bruh. I an more leftist than u bruh. I've got a Marx tattoo! I listen to Red Scare! I subscribe to the Chapo'a patreon!

U guys don't understand man, all you libtards, when are you gonna see real leftism man. When my parents paid for me to travel around Europe ive seen poverty bro. So I came back, decided not to touch my trust fund for five years, and to try my best to make a difference man! Might even join the Proud Boys, maybe vote Trump, to really show you how bad it can get.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Somebody explain this to me but the IRS has had this info for years right because, well, it's the IRS. So we already know nothing technically illegal is going on right? So the info is more about knowing about Trump's financial situation than some "gotcha, tax evasion!" thing?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
2019 Tax Tables:

If line 11b (taxable income) is —
At least 7,500 But less than 7,550

And you are— Single
Or- Married filing jointly
Or- Married filing separately Head of a household

Your TAX is: $753

---Trump paid less taxes than someone making $7,500 in 2019.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh. I an more leftist then u bruh. I've got a Marx tattoo! I listen to Red Scare! I subscribe to the Chapo'a patreon!

U guys don't understand man, all you libtards, when are you gonna see real leftism man. When my parents paid for me to travel around Europe ive seen poverty bro. So I came back, decided not to touch my trust fund for five years, and to try my best to make a difference man! Might even join the Proud Boys, maybe vote Trump, to really show you how bad it can get.
Relax. Joe Biden is going to win.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
It's reeeeeealy long.
I did read a lot of it. No particular paragraph sounded conclusive. They didn't even mention the word fraud in the whole article. Was just wondering if there was something specific outside of "he's really aggressive with his writeoffs".
If there is something where he outright lied year after year about something I'd like to know if we have a real "we got him".
This looks like it will be a series of articles pretty much laying out where the IRS should be looking and questiong write-offs and such, while also explaing some of the probable cases already being investigated. The article doesnt have anywhere where they say "this is obvious fraud" but instead explains why the returns could look the way they do with all information that is publicly available with what they have.

You should read it if interested. if you want a 'gotcha' hope that the IRs uses this as a possible blueprint for an investigations and wait for those headlines, i would say. I lot of what would be fraud would have to be explained by accountants that filed the returns during audits and such.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Nah. This goes at his ego; the media's been clamping at the bit for this so they can't let this go, and here's the kicker...he can't let this go. His drug dealer is going to need a u haul for the twitterstorm we will face

I feel like we've gone through this song and dance so many times though that at this point it's statistically safer to bet on it not mattering. Hell, it's a safer bet to assume he'll spin it and it help him in some ways.

People are joking on twitter about him spinning it as "only suckers pay taxes" but I honestly could see him doing it, especially since lately he's been claiming to be a "libertarian", which is a group that would absolutely respond positively to the idea of "smart people don't pay taxes".

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
What is it with trolls doing derails in a thread about Trump's taxes?

He's a fraud and his feet have needed held to the fire forever. Will he and his enablers ever actually be held accountable? We'll see.

It's cute as hell and always funny. They're never subtle, even when they try to be.

What leftist views? Your pro-fascism post?

It's always disheartening. And you already got a both sides attack.

Just either put him on ignore or report him, people. Don't feed trolls like that, because it's what they want.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the UK, so different tax situation here, obviously...

But something's definitely wrong when my wife and I pay more in tax in a single month that the president of the USA pays in multiple years.

America, get rid of this fucking clown. Please.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
He's a draft dodger, is disgusted by fallen veterans, doesn't pay taxes and has financed many democrat politicians. Why do republicans like him again? He stands for everything they supposedly don't like.

Such a stain on America.
Well, he did sign a tax bill that will end up costing the lower 3/5ths of all americans pay more money whioe reducing what the top 20% pay. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and you too could avoid paying taxes!

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the UK, so different tax situation here, obviously...

But something's definitely wrong when my wife and I pay more in tax in a single month that the president of the USA pays in multiple years.

America, get rid of this fucking clown. Please.
I really hope America will villainize Trump as a tax cheat, but I am not holding my breath.

Our country doesn't see tax avoidance as depriving the country. The conservative propaganda has worked on generations of Americans who see government spending as "wasting their money."

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018

Such a stain on America.
Roger Ailes created a delivery mechanism for a personality cult and Mark Zuckerberg creates bubbles

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the world knows he is on the hook for 400 million+ that we know of, umm isn't that like a big deal and a threat to national security if he is looking for favours?

Trump family getting second class tickets to Russia.....I hope the secret service hand them over to the authorties if they ever try to run.

Oct 31, 2017
Just either put him on ignore or report him, people. Don't feed trolls like that, because it's what they want.
Oh I agree, I should have suggested the same thing. I've already added some to mine thanks to this thread. It's the best point of action, and at this point especially on this forum, the odds of people trying to muddy the water around explosive stories like this are very high that they aren't acting in any manner of good faith discourse.

I think that we should discuss the magnetizing properties of effective journalism for people of a certain political preference, though.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I feel like we've gone through this song and dance so many times though that at this point it's statistically safer to bet on it not mattering. Hell, it's a safer bet to assume he'll spin it and it help him in some ways.

People are joking on twitter about him spinning it as "only suckers pay taxes" but I honestly could see him doing it, especially since lately he's been claiming to be a "libertarian", which is a group that would absolutely respond positively to the idea of "smart people don't pay taxes".

Oh, it won't make a real difference. Like its been said before, Trumpism is just a mirror to America. But considering he's someone who made meteorologists use sharpie markers to make him look good, at the end of the day he doesn't have the mental bandwidth to deal with these ego blows. Gonna make a huge difference in his pre-planned bigot hot takes? Probably not. But at least having him unfocused will make it harder for him to think of new bullshit executive orders on the fly

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017

Such a stain on America.

All you said is true but for some all they see is scotus picks or very nice gains on their wealth.