• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not usually much of a conspiracy theorist, but could there be an Apple plant at Microsoft sabotaging their product design to make AirPods look less dumb in comparison?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
These are really Microsoft's first wireless earbuds? They're surprisingly late to the market.

I work with a bunch of MS fanboys that will eat this up.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I change my mind, I think these look pretty sexy, I could easily rock these. But $250, while it is a fair price, I'm gonna pass. Maybe in three years when it's already popular, it's $99.

Young people can easily wear this for fashion, it would either look pretty cool or make you look like a dork. Either way

Millenial shit

Why did they pack so many features? Come up with a simple version; $100 insta-buy

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
this seems more practical looking... but all earbuds look horrible, especially wireless ones. headphones or nothing, that's the future

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Looks like the type of thing people that use Supreme products would buy for a fortune, but only if not many people have them.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought these looks ridiculous but they're kind of growing on me. All wireless earbuds look goofy to me anyway.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
I change my mind, I think these look pretty sexy, I could easily rock these. But $250, while it is a fair price, I'm gonna pass. Maybe in three years when it's already popular, it's $99.

Young people can easily wear this for fashion, it would either look pretty cool or make you look like a dork. Either way

Millenial shit

Why did they pack so many features? Come up with a simple version; $100 insta-buy

I agree the price is a little steep. The design has grown on me today, but cost and lack of any physical buttons put me off.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh not sure if Microsoft Office integration is the way to market these... Buy hey, more competition is always a good thing.

I'll reserve judgment until they're released and reviewed.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well... that's hideous. I mean I dont really like the airpods design either and think the galaxy buds are the best looking design so far, but this is another step of odd. I'd struggle to come up with a worse design without intentionally being a dick about it.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Last edited:

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
They don't look any goofier than AirPods to me, personally.

(For the record, I think AirPods look pretty goofy...

...Yes I still wear them. No I am not a good person)

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
The design seems fine bc it makes a statement in a similar way that Air pods do. Also to be hones it just looks like a ear lob plug but higher in the ear.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
These look like something a tv news person would wear.

Feb 10, 2018

1276.jpg

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do none of these companies get that probably the best thing about AirPods is how small the charging case is and make theirs in a case the size of a clutch bag.

To say nothing of the design. If you think AirPods looks remotely as bad as these, ya'll wildin'.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I...kinda like them?

There's something really, strangely, afropunk about the design.

Like, I want them in green. Or yellow.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
With those aesthetic and price, would rather just get a Sony XM3 Earbud instead which at least has active noise cancelling.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
$249 is absolutely bonkers considering there's no noise cancellation
Seriously. The Office integration features are something I doubt many people will ever use and that seems like the only thing these are doing that is interesting.
The case also looks really large and wouldn't be comfortable to have in a pocket.

The most comfortable fully wireless buds I've ever tried were the Bose Soundsport Frees, which were also didn't do sound isolation (sadly they had bad audio/video sync issues and conntivity problems in addition to being really large).
Bose is making a new model this year and one with sound isolation next year, and if they can keep the comfort of the Soundsports, they'll be the ones I'll keep an eye on, even if they will be expensive (but still probably no more than these Microsoft ones). Otherwise I'll be waiting for reviews of the Echo Buds.

I currently have Samsung Buds which are fine, but nothing special. Sound quality isn't the best and while they're nice and small, they get uncomfortable (at least in my right ear) after about an hour.