• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like a parody of car adverts to me tbh. For two minutes if you didn't know it was a car advert you wouldn't have a clue what you were watching and then at the end it just pops up the name and you're like "oh"

Fine little short story but as an advert for a car it's atrocious, doesn't give me any reason to want that car over the others. I have no idea of it's price, it's features, and I can barely even remember what it looks like because we saw so little of it compared to the rest of the advert. All car adverts try to get all artsy-fartsy and they're all terrible advertisements for it.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
is this a commercial that gives you feels thread now?

if so, I'm gonna plug this.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is so saccharine sweet and emotionally manipulative it's almost parody.

Terrible ad, fucking hell.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I get why people like it, but as a car ad, how is that supposed to make someone want to buy that car?

I'm not against trying to make a statement in an ad, but the most important part of one should be why you should buy the product.

OP
OP
BAW

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
I get why people like it, but as a car ad, how is that supposed to make someone want to buy that car?

I'm not against trying to make a statement in an ad, but the most important part of one should be why you should buy the product.
Hot lesbians
It works on multiple levels

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm so over slow covers of pop songs that the ad just annoyed me.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand that style of covers so while the ad was very touching, the music ruined it for me. Slow dramatic covers of megahits doesn't do it for me at all.

It's an annoying trend, but it can be done well.

Not quite as slow or sparse as the one in the commercial posted, but it almost sounds like that was a cover of this cover instead of the original.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017

This advert actually made me buy a C4, and also came out 3 years before the Transformers movies. It blew my mind at the time.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
It's an annoying trend, but it can be done well.

Not quite as slow or sparse as the one in the commercial posted, but it almost sounds like that was a cover of this cover instead of the original.
Without derailing too much, I don't necessarily lump this cover in with the trend I mentioned. This one seems to be an artist taking a song and performing it their way, as a cover should be, and I don't find it grating. The trend feels like a producer telling some musicians what they want (minimal, dramatic).

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Reminds me of Toyota's 2015 Safety Sense ads in Japan - I personally get thrown off by the tag line at the end which makes the advertising effectiveness wasted on me, like I just got stuck in a timeshare, but I applaud the skill created by the narrative (the Spike Jonze Ikea ad was perfect at revealing the strings):

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Reminds me of Toyota's 2015 Safety Sense ads in Japan - I personally get thrown off by the tag line at the end which makes the advertising effectiveness wasted on me, like I just got stuck in a timeshare, but I applaud the skill created by the narrative (the Spike Jonze Ikea ad was perfect at revealing the strings):

My wife and I were in tears after those Toyota ads.

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
My wife and I were in tears after those Toyota ads.

I totally get it! As I get older, these things are like cutting onions to me because as I get more life experiences, these things emotionally reach me...

...then it all gets whiplashed back once the "ad" part kicks in and the brake "demo" happens.

Thai advertising has some pretty famous examples of emotional outreach though, like watching soap operas.