• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

The music and level design is just insane. While the game has its faults, bungie never disappoints with their raids. Heres a video from Aztecross who captured the best moment in the raid.

May 19, 2020
Destiny's raids are usually a fun time, a shame that the game is structured in such a way where doing repeat content is a pain in the ass and has worse in-game options for partying than even a basic MMORPG. I don't really miss it when you consider the premium, full featured experiences of either WoW or FFXIV.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Damn, that music is fantastic. Can't wait to jump in again somewhere down the line on PS5.

As a longtime Bungie fan, I haven't kept track of the lore but the writing there has echoes of Durandal.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
FWIW, watching streams of the raid kinda scratches that itch for me without actually jumping into one. I know I know, it's not the same AT ALL. But with how it is right now without cross-play and all my friends are on PS4, it's the most I have.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to run through it in PC but toxic LFG is just unwanted stress

Just avoid the LFG posts that are asking for very strict requirements, seek out the ones explicitly asking for chill people or newbies, and be upfront with your experience. That filters out 99% of the assholes. It's still a toss up of getting people who are really memey but my experience with the PC LFG discord has been with lots of people who are willing to teach to people who are willing to learn.

Or better yet join the Era discord! There are tons of people who want to run the raid and will gladly take along newbies.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I spoiled my self on the final boss and is Taniks the same Taniks that we kill twice in Destiny 1 Strikes @.@

What am I supposed to see? Platforming in space with some janky movement?

The animation looks janky because third person is not the default camera view (it does make platforming easier).

And after doing Whisper of The Worm/Zero Hour mission, any platforming puzzle in Destiny looks "easy" in video than in actual practice.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I absolutely loved my time with Destiny 2 raids, when I used to do them - and getting to run them when they're still new is something else - but I just... can't deal with the commitment anymore. Too many other games to play.

I'm glad that the raids are still great for those that do have the time to run them.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Played Destiny since day 1 and I never got to experience any raids. Would play until endgame. Life would get in the way and I'll fall off. Maybe one day I'll get into it. I can barely keep up with FFXIV though.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny really needs a "Looking for Raid" functionality so more people can experience the content. If WoW can do it, so can Destiny.

RedVanguard

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
What a shame that only a small percentage of the playerbase will get to experience it

Yup. I wish Bungie put this much effort into everything else, especially for solo players. I used to raid back in D1 with a great clan and when I had tons of free time, but I got a job and starting grad school soon, hard to find the time to jive with a clan and raid (been burned on LFG sites)

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wish all of the game was third person like the start of this video so far. My time with it was mostly first person and guns.

May 19, 2020
Destiny really needs a "Looking for Raid" functionality so more people can experience the content. If WoW can do it, so can Destiny.
They could just do an LFR version of the raid for people who just want to clear it for repeats/bounties or experience the raid story. Other MMOs have what is basically the community raid and the one for the endgame power players. Destiny will likely not do this because it has that weekend warrior dad crowd pretty much locked down and they would probably go apeshit if they opened it up to a broader audience.

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
It's baffling to me even after 6 years of destiny no one has tried to make something as good as destiny raids.

Bungie are masters at what they do.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

WoW has a LFR that works because:

* WoW has multiple difficulty levels for the content.
* WoW encounters are often nowhere near as mechanic heavy as Destiny ones. There's nothing as crazy as the final boss in DSC to be seen in WoW, and that isn't even the most mechanically intense boss in Destiny. (that'd be legit Riven)

There has been a LFR in Destiny (Guided Games), and they're really bad.

Just doing something as mechanically simple as the Season of Arrivals dual ogres public event (where you had to bring them together) was near impossible with a bunch of randoms because mechanics goes over the heads of a lot of people.

And because of that, I'm not sure it's possible for them to edit any of these raids down to an LFR level. If most people can't easily figure out group two enemies together, they ain't figuring out 99.9% of Last Wish or Garden or DSC.

e:

And mind, I wouldn't mind if they did have a LFR, but I'm not sure how you could remotely feasibly make a LFR version of any of these 3 raids that even remotely resemble what the raid is actually like. (as part of the point of LFR is also to let people move up the difficulty once they've done the baseline)

So I guess I'll ask how you would turn any of these 3 raids into an LFR version that is both easily completable while representing the content accurately enough to be experienced?

Last edited:

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted to do a raid, but I'm always underleveled so no random group ever wants to go with me. Maybe I'll devote some time to the game after the next gen update drops.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted to do a raid, but I'm always underleveled so no random group ever wants to go with me. Maybe I'll devote some time to the game after the next gen update drops.

It's impossible to be underleveled for Last Wish right now, it's at 1050 and you start at 1050, so go for it on an LFG. :)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Trolling; gatekeeping
Best raid.

The non-Destiny players are trying to share their opinion. It is once again cute.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It's baffling to me even after 6 years of destiny no one has tried to make something as good as destiny raids.

Bungie are masters at what they do.

That's not remotely true. Other loot games have raids with mechanics, like the Division 2, but their setting and structure ground it in a more limiting way. You aren't platforming through derelict space stations and shooting crazy giant monsters in those which lessens the spectacle, but they exist.

For destiny, it's clearly where the majority of the effort goes too. As it should considering they can only manage to release one a year now

Jan 10, 2018
I like Destiny raids a lot but seeing as they're always so mechanics heavy it's hard to get into them if you're not there day one. I've never had any luck with random groups.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I like Destiny raids a lot but seeing as they're always so mechanics heavy it's hard to get into them if you're not there day one. I've never had any luck with random groups.

It can absolutely be intimating and Bungie has done literally nothing to correct this issue. And that's a shame because more people should experience their amazing Raid design.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And because of that, I'm not sure it's possible for them to edit any of these raids down to an LFR level. If most people can't easily figure out group two enemies together, they ain't figuring out 99.9% of Last Wish or Garden or DSC.
Sure you can. Just on the second fight alone you'd have to remove the triple role buffs, lock one of the levels out entirely, remove the boss debuff mechanic and remove the wipe mechanic for hitting things in the wrong order. Cut those out, you'll have a legit WoW LFR-tier raid experience.

/Every time WoW leaves in a single mechanic that requires communication it's always the most dire thing.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Not only that but if it's anything like it was back when I was raiding in WoW, all the players will mute that stuff within the first hour and never hear it again.
My team had a strict no talking during story/lore sections so people could hear. Replaying it the 10th time sure, but this was certainly a beautiful moment in the raid for us.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Best raid.

The non-Destiny players are trying to share their opinion. It is once again cute.
I have over 1000 hours in Destiny and still play two nights a week with my clan. So I'm going to assume I can share my opinion.

The criticisms being voiced here are valid. While I don't think there should be full on matchmaking for raids, the game needs in-game tools to help people group up.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I played on launch on console and hit a wall because every clan i joined was dead and no one was grouping for anything.

I'm looking for another game to play where I can grind to make numbers go up, but I have no interest in raiding. Does this game have a progression system without raiding/ranked pvping? Can I just grind away doing stuff and make my character stronger? Or is that still walled off?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They could just do an LFR version of the raid for people who just want to clear it for repeats/bounties or experience the raid story. Other MMOs have what is basically the community raid and the one for the endgame power players. Destiny will likely not do this because it has that weekend warrior dad crowd pretty much locked down and they would probably go apeshit if they opened it up to a broader audience.

Blizzard upset their playerbase that was there for the raiding when they introduced LFG Raiding with basically easy mode difficulty. That lasted for hot second and players got over that. Now raiding content in the game is far more widely available and inviting than it was "back in ol' good days".

All Bungie needs to do is just bite the bullet and make "Story Mode" raiding with LFG bolted on if they want open raiding to broader Destiny audience, but I doubt they are never going to do that. They are the ones stoking whole "Raiding is hardcore shit and competition for best of the best" fire with those championship belts, jackets, emblems etc., messaging about to whom raiding is for is very loud and clear.

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard upset their playerbase that was there for the raiding when they introduced LFG Raiding with basically easy mode difficulty. That lasted for hot second and players got over that. Now raiding content in the game is far more widely available and inviting than it was "back in ol' good days".

All Bungie needs to do is just bite the bullet and make "Story Mode" raiding with LFG bolted on if they want open raiding to broader Destiny audience, but I doubt they are never going to do that. They are the ones stoking whole "Raiding is hardcore shit and competition for best of the best" fire with those championship belts, jackets, emblems etc., messaging about to whom raiding is for is very loud and clear.

it's because luke smith's life apparently peaked with getting his scarab lord title in WoW and has chosen to inflict that soul-searingly boring shit on his game

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
I will never not be convinced the Destiny games are not a global scale case of emperors new clothes. Or stockholm syndrome. Or sunk cost fallacy.
Or something, cause whenever I see (or play, finished D1 as starved early ps4 owner) anything Destiny, it's just so bland and boring and just subpar compared to it's contemporaries. I truly just -dont- -get- why people love these games.
Same goes for vid in OP. Doesn't look like ass but also doesn't look good or fun either, at all.

edit:
Space age slide n slash with speed and numbers? Warframe is better.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved my time with Destiny 2 raids, when I used to do them - and getting to run them when they're still new is something else - but I just... can't deal with the commitment anymore. Too many other games to play.

I'm glad that the raids are still great for those that do have the time to run them.

It is, to be fair, a very short and easy raid. Especially if you join a group as the only noob, you can probably knock it out in half an hour. You've got quite a few months with it as the relevant raid too.

I will never not be convinced the Destiny games are not a global scale case of emperors new clothes. Or stockholm syndrome. Or sunk cost fallacy.
Or something, cause whenever I see (or play, finished D1 as starved early ps4 owner) anything Destiny, it's just so bland and boring and just subpar compared to it's contemporaries. I truly just -dont- -get- why people love these games.
Same goes for vid in OP. Doesn't look like ass but also doesn't look good or fun either, at all.

Maybe you should play it instead of judging it by how it looks. I have no idea if raids look cool to onlookers, but I can tell you that playing them is amazing. They're so fun. Many expansions live or die based on them.

May 19, 2020
Oh my God. This brought so many flashbacks. I was 1 of my groups only warlocks so it became my specialty.

I still feel bad for my friend who never got a single fatebringer in dozens and dozens of runs
Doing stupid shit in Vault of Glass was more fun than any legit raid experience in Destiny 2. I'm still not sure if the dude waving his e-penis around about his raid kill was serious or not, lol.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Completely depends on the raid. Some are so mechanics heavy even for a raid fan like myself I don't enjoy them. But others are much more that combat is integral to the mechanics and it's more lax. Vault of Glass or Eater of Worlds are good examples where the mechanics are honestly pretty light. Spire of Stars was an example of one where the mechanics were just so intense and strict I did not enjoy it at all.