• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, CODMW feels like the result of a dev's first attempt to create an online shooter to compete with COD and BF by copying them but not getting either exactly right. Its playable but not refined.

It reminds me of Homefront 1's MP or MAG or something more than either COD or Battlefield directly.

deftech

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta be honest, CODMW feels like the result of a dev's first attempt to create an online shooter to compete with COD and BF by copying them but not getting either exactly right. Its playable but not refined.

It reminds me of Homefront 1's MP or MAG or something more than either COD or Battlefield directly.

MAG is exactly what came to my mind when playing this.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
This is in no way a proper BF replacement, but I did have fun with some mates.

As others have said, drop the kill streaks as currently implemented. Vehicles are already present you don't need KS on top of that.

BFV got it right with that, restricting it to the squad leader, and via accumulated points.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
It's a mess. Doesnt feel like theres a flow or a frontline. Everyone spawns back in too quickly and it exacerbates the problem. Killstreaks shouldn't even be working in the same manner in this mode as they do normally with this many players. They're a never ending presence and the mode needs new rules specifically for them.

This. The very short TTK paired with instant spawning, a small map, and excessive camping leads to a non-stop clusterfuck of killstreaks. Repeatedly getting killed by missiles upon spawning got tiring pretty quickly.

I always enjoyed Metro in BF3 and BF4, but this was just.. meh.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a couple of matches just now. It's not bad, certainly better than I would have expected CODs gameplay transferring to a Battlefield system.

That said, it's still a bit shit. There's just constant notifications on UAV, spawns are an absolute joke - particularly on contested points, and there's a ton of 'lag' in terms of getting shot around corners - despite being connected to a good server (<25ms).

Visually it is also relatively poor compared to Battlefield. Again, it's better than I expected from COD, but you really start to notice it with explosions/debris - vehicles in particular.

I also had some guy ruin my killstreak on a point. Couldn't see him and died. I watched the kill cam and he was under the map - shooting up through the floor and killing everyone. He had a good view of everyone and plenty of ammo. Beta and all that - but interesting!

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
After playing one round, I think there is too much going on especially with the kill streaks. Map size is also a problem.

This doesn't replace BF nor does it really scratch that BF itch for me. I think I'll just stick to the other modes.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Call of Duty will be ok, IW are shooter genius' and do FPS well, my takeaway is the gap between BF and COD isn't that wide anymore, Battlefield isn't over the top anymore, I think Call of Duty is legitimate and I think we have to comes to terms its getting better.

Oct 27, 2017
Like... maybe.. hmm.. call it Conquest Assault?

Even that wouldn't properly solve issue of clustering and meat grinding because map is too small and narrow.

I was thinking of something bigger instead of a few flags that basically require both teams to swarm a small area. Like for example, just make one huge capping area and whoever has more people in it at a given time gets points or something.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There's potential there but I think it needs a lot of work. They basically left a lot of features in from the normal game modes like the UI and kill streaks and as a result it's a bit of a mess. They need to tweak that for sure. Not the biggest fan of the map either. Hopefully there will be more at launch. Also didn't run too great. Frame rate dips everywhere. There should also be a ping/squad system of some kind to get folks to play the objective more.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Been having a blast with it this evening. Kill streaks need serious balancing in the mode however. (spesking of which, I'm also still sad they did return to base 3-5-7, this was the year!)

Very interested to see how they handle this 100 player mode.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like it, I would often spawn and within 2 seconds be getting shot from every direction. And this is like even after trying to strategically spawn.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This mode is nice, but getting spawnsniped 8 times in a row really soured me on the whole thing. At least with Battlefield, sniping is more challenging. Think I'll pass on this until they can find a way to address that.

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
They need to disable kill steaks for ground war. Everyone is just camping to get their killstreak.

Oct 27, 2017

I said something similar during last weekend's beta. It feels like a F2P CoD not made by Activision.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Not, it isn't. But's pretty fun, tho, ngl. Even if it's a clusterfuck.

How to fix it? Implement something like squad points to call "killstreaks".

It also crashes a lot, at least on my end.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Too many players for the map size imo. My experience from the games I played is the moment I step outside I'm getting shot from every direction.

Yuuup. This was my experience this morning.

I really did not have a fun time with the beta including the other modes. I really didn't care for how the gunplay felt sadly.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely hated this mode and I have been loving the core modes. Poor map design that's too small for the player count, poor visibility, poor performance (PS4 Pro), and atrocious spawns that constantly put you directly in the line of fire. Doubt I'll touch anything bigger than the 10v10 modes if this is representative.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It's not almost, it is lol. I played an hour and feel that the time to kill is far too short for CoD for it to mesh well with large maps that can see you get attacked and not have enough time to defend yourself.

Oct 30, 2017
It's not almost, it is lol. I played an hour and feel that the time to kill is far too short for CoD for it to mesh well with large maps that can see you get attacked and not have enough time to defend yourself.

I keep seeing this. I think it takes
way to long to kill. I'll have several shots from a distance hit only for them to run away. All these games make me want to go back to seige.

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
They should stick to being cod instead of trying to emulate Battlefield, because this is nowhere near as good as the worst Battlefield. I'd rather have a few more regular maps instead of this.

The mode might be better with fewer players. Some objectives are too busy and the kill stream spam would slow down a bit.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
In what way? This feels way snappier and controls miles better than bf on PC. Im not seeing how bfv is any better than this in any way other than maybe GFX?

Wow. Just wow. This is just large scale COD with ridiculous time to kills and maps that are just meat grinders.

What's better about BFV?

Maps
Gunplay
TTK
Teamwork
Roles
Vehicular gameplay
Tactical options
Squads
Revives
Health and ammo replenishing
Gamemode

That's before we get into technical things like graphics and physics engine.

Oct 27, 2017
I tried it out once and felt it needed a much bigger map. It's also a bit of a mess with all the killstreaks going off at the same time. Still pretty fun game mode, just needs to fix a few things.

GusFacsimile

Oct 25, 2017
Agree
Wow. Just wow. This is just large scale COD with ridiculous time to kills and maps that are just meat grinders.

What's better about BFV?

Maps
Gunplay
TTK
Teamwork
Roles
Vehicular gameplay
Tactical options
Squads
Revives
Health and ammo replenishing
Gamemode

That's before we get into technical things like graphics and physics engine.
Agree this mode is a v poor Battlefield copy. Like stepping backwards. The only thing I'm enjoying is the feel of the guns which they nailed (launchers are awful though). COD finally gets an engine upgrade and people start losing their minds lol

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Ran really smooth in my sessions on PS4 Pro and PC.

BF is the only MP shooter I ever play, never really got into CoD or others. Tried this Beta out on both platforms after seeing the OP and felt it was decent fun. Not as strong as BF, but a unique take that did remind me of Metro in BF3. Fun in spurts, but can be irritating equally.

The audio is insanely good tho, possibly one of the most impressive soundstage experiences I've had from the GSX1000 on my PC. Just unreal.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
It might look similar to Battlefield on first sight but this is nowhere near the Conquest experience Battlefield provides. It can be fun on it's own right (doubt it from my brief experience) but it's not going to compete with Battlefield.