• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
OP, my response to your claim would be best summarized with J. Jonah Jameson laugh gif.

Jun 17, 2018
The Battlefield series (including the Star Wars Battlefront games) has been my primary multiplayer shooter series for the better part of 15 years. During that time I've also played every Call of Duty game between Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and the present. As such the Ground War mode in CODMW excited me and after getting to play a few rounds I came up with a list of suggestions.

Ground War is a fun facsimile of Battlefield's Conquest mode. I've enjoyed each round much more than the standard 6v6 and 10v10 modes in the beta. That said I do see some areas it can improve.

1. Spawns. When choosing a flag to spawn on the spawns should be placed farther from the capture zone and at least attempt to deny a spawn when a enemy is in close proximity. As well, longer spawn protection will help tone down spawnkilling. I would also suggest adding a short spawn timer delay (maybe 5 seconds).

2. Reloading while sprinting would be a great boon to this mode due to the distances between objectives. Also I think that fall damage should be toned down rather significantly.

3. Squads. There should be a menu or a HUD element that tells you the name of your squadmates as well there should be an active indicator always telling you where they are (like the friendly player outline that was in the beta last week). If possible there should also be a live feed of a squadmate's view (as well as a feed of a flag) visible on the spawn screen before selecting a spawn.

4. Minimap. The minimap in this mode is rather cluttered. It needs to either be expanded in size overall or zoomed in slightly to reduce clutter. As well I propose adding an indicator around each objective to show the capture radius as well as an indicator to show us which direction friendly and enemy players are facing. Example of the Battlefield V minimap here. Also I would suggest putting the large map on the touchpad button and the scoreboard in the start menu instead.
5. Team play. If possible I think that adding the ability to revive a squadmate and rewarding significant points for it along with rewarding extra points when taking objectives or killing enemies near a squadmate would encourage more thoughtful teamwork and cooperation.

6. Move B flag slightly to the west. Right now its too cluttered and promotes spawnkilling.
8pgopyo0jvn31.jpg

7. This one is controversial, but maybe remove killstreaks from this mode. I think it makes it too chaotic.

I think that Infinity Ward has hit gold with this mode and I see it as a viable alternative to Battlefield when I am in the mood for a modern setting and a faster and more chaotic game. I am impressed. It almost feels like Operation Metro but outdoors. It also reminds me of MAG for some reason.

You basically described Battlefield 4. I like this as it is but they need to sort out the Killstreaks, they ruin all of the fun. Spawns could do with fixing too.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Every Ground War match I've joined has been hitchy on base PS4. Not framerate, but everybody bouncing around like I'm getting bad packet loss or only connecting to servers on the other side of the planet or something. Makes it hard to actually judge whether it's any good or not. All the other modes are fine.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Every Ground War match I've joined has been hitchy on base PS4. Not framerate, but everybody bouncing around like I'm getting bad packet loss or only connecting to servers on the other side of the planet or something. Makes it hard to actually judge whether it's any good or not. All the other modes are fine.

Out of 8 or so rounds I played on PC server died 3 times mid round. I think their backend is buckling at the knees with 32v32.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Its like Battlefield if Battlefield had amnesia and forgot how to do it and just started from scratch.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Players still spawn in relatively small clusters near enemies and the TTK is so low I died immediately upon spawning 4-5 times in my first match. I'm sure some CoD fans will like this, but as a fan of BF this isn't remotely the same thing to me. I've been critical of the recent BF games but this is the opposite of the direction I'd like to see a new BF game go in.

Just not even remotely close to what I'd want out of a BF game. I do like the other, more classic modes however.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
I'm on Pro and I haven't seen any issues.
No offense but I'm very good at judging framerates. Obviously on screen monitors help in PC gaming but even then when I'm trying to optimize settings to hit a steady 60 in games I can generally judge what fps a game is running at within a few fps even before staring at afterburner's OSD.

This game does often run around 55-60 fps when you're in an unpopulated part of the map with not much going on. But if you're in the middle of the shit at say C in the large map, whatever its name is, the games at around 45-50fps. I swear it can go even as low as 40fps in rare occasions. It's definitely suffering from performance issues and even it's not going quite as low as it appears to me at times, it's most certainly not a steady 60.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No offense but I'm very good at judging framerates. Obviously on screen monitors help in PC gaming but even then when I'm trying to optimize settings to hit a steady 60 in games I can generally judge what fps a game is running at within a few fps even before staring at afterburner's OSD.

This game does often run around 55-60 fps when you're in an unpopulated part of the map with not much going on. But if you're in the middle of the shit at say C in the large map, whatever its name is, the games at around 45-50fps. I swear it can go even as low as 40fps in rare occasions. It's definitely suffering from performance issues and even it's not going quite as low as it appears to me at times, it's most certainly not a steady 60.

I mean. I can easily tell when FPS drops happen. On PC my FPS for games often flux and even if it's minor I can tell when it starts. Playing BL3 is a constant FPS mixer.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
I'm talking PC. 120 FPS locked with 10ms ping accrding game itself, GW stutters and lags shit ton. Every spawn is solid 1.5-ish second freeze to 2 second slideshow.
That's disappointing, I heard Black Ops 4 was a pretty good PC version but almost every time CoD game I tried on PC since like MW1 was full of issues. Hopefully this one doesn't suffer the same fate.

I mean. I can easily tell when FPS drops happen. On PC my FPS for games often flux and even if it's minor I can tell when it starts. Playing BL3 is a constant FPS mixer.
Well that's good then, not sure why you claimed there's no issues then. The game targets 60 fps and that's what you ideally want in a CoD game. This game without a doubt drops below 60 even if the drops aren't quite as drastic as I think them to be. If the game is dropping below 60 at any point I consider that to be an "issue".

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That's disappointing, I heard Black Ops 4 was a pretty good PC version but almost every time CoD game I tried on PC since like MW1 was full of issues. Hopefully this one doesn't suffer the same fate.

Normal modes like TDM runs like a dream, even in 10v10 variant.

It's Ground War that has a lot performance issues. Could be backend issue considering that servers do crash in middle of round at times.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Just jumped into a game of this.

it looks like a carbon copy of Conquest. But with kill streaks.

It's just a meatgrinder with no rime or reason. Terrible.

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
I like the regular COD modes more but this one is not bad at all. It's still in Beta and they can fix many things in the coming months. In any case, Modern Warfare is the game we needed since 2013.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
Mode should be called Clusterfuck, it's like a bunch of 8 year olds on a playground.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The middle points need to be spaced out way more. I'm enjoying the mode but that area is a killzone and everyone gets equally fucked.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Not sure how much I'll like it with killstreaks but I'm definitely going to try it tomorrow (PC beta) I'm not a fan of Battlefield's recent love with WW 1&2 so this might be what I need.
I've actually found that killstreaks balance things out a bit in some ways and are as broken as ever in others. Got a annoying sniper at the edge of the map or a tank wrecking your squad? Call in a airstrike and that handles that pretty quick. Overall having a lot of fun with CoD for the first time in almost a decade.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
In what way? This feels way snappier and controls miles better than bf on PC. Im not seeing how bfv is any better than this in any way other than maybe GFX?

It's an absolute cluster fuck with zero teamwork, instant respawns, tiny capture modes, and everything is just so unfocused. It's a really bad take on the battlefield formula from top to bottom. Smaller game modes seem decent though, and play to cods strengths

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
In what way? This feels way snappier and controls miles better than bf on PC. Im not seeing how bfv is any better than this in any way other than maybe GFX?

• A lot better map sizes and design on large majority of maps for game mode like this
  • Better vehicle design (as unbelievable that is...)
  • TTK that fits better 32v32, just smidge bigger than in this
  • Proper squad system
  • Classes meant for this kind mode
  • Etc

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I had no idea they just made medium-sized battlefield maps for this game.

It rules. Way less running around to get to an objective than a traditional battlefield.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Can you get in tanks and choppers and shit? Amazing if so, never thought CoD would save the Battlefield formula. BF has been poo after BF3.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing about Ground War in its current iteration is amazing, especially when compared to Battlefield.

It needs a lot of work and improvements that should've been there from day 1 that will take God knows how long to implement.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's an absolute cluster fuck with zero teamwork, instant respawns, tiny capture modes, and everything is just so unfocused. It's a really bad take on the battlefield formula from top to bottom. Smaller game modes seem decent though, and play to cods strengths
I mean I agree this map is pretty unbalanced but most of the rest seems like a how people decide to play issue. If you take a slightly more tactical approach it's not as bad as I've been reading. And the vehicles control way better to me.

That being said this conversation will probably never go well the CoD and BF communities being so at odds usually since they are so distinct.

This to me is a large scale BF style mode meant for ppl that typically like how CoD works which is usually faster and in that respect it works ok

And I agree 100% that the other modes are good as well and better than the typical CoD. Gunfight and NV in particular are really fun and different

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
  • A lot better map sizes and design on large majority of maps for game mode like this
  • Better vehicle design (as unbelievable that is...)
  • TTK that fits better 32v32, just smidge bigger than in this
  • Proper squad system
  • Classes meant for this kind mode
  • Etc
-Weve seen one map and I'm actually enjoying the verticality but agree some balancing could be done-

- Totally disagree I think the vehicles on this are much more responsive and useful at least on pc, I actually feel like I contribute in each vehicle instead of just tanks-

-I'd like a even quicker ttk honestly. Fits the itch for a more hardcore (not realistic but HC as in less forgiving) game type on a larger scale-

-Squads seem almost identical to me. Spawn on teammates incentive by way of points and. Maybe dif in that I cant pick my squad but I play with 4 freinds so not sure-

-Classes in bfv felt pretty pointless and only served to restrict what I can do at any given moment. And I can do it all with my preferred loadout in this so not sure I get that point. ( Revive, ammo drop for team, ect)-

Overall seems we couldn't disagree more lol. Still I respect your points and hope you find something in the game to enjoy regardless

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I joined groundwar this morning and it was a lot of fun even though my team was just level 1-5 players getting crushed by a team of level 20+ guys.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree entirely, its a clusterfuck that runs poorly on the consoles (X user) and the mechanics don't feel scaled well enough for this mode. It doesn't feel like it had any thought to teamwork to it or even basic functions to interacting with your squad. Killstreaks are also a significant problem that break this and the poor spawn system of the beta.

Hopefully it improves later on but it feels like an alpha so far.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a cool bonus but I think you can tell that at its core it's still a game meant to be played in TDM