• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
latest

I missed this as a 90s kid, but it's on peacock and i might have to watch. These are the Galactic Guardians, they look like assholes

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was gonna be about the new cg cartoon coming on Netflix and was worried Slayven had become a boomer.

He-ManandtheMastersoftheUniverse_Season1_Episode7_00_21_05_06.png

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to imagine how the guy with two torsos gets his clothes on.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
latest

I missed this as a 90s kid, but it's on peacock and i might have to watch. These are the Galactic Guardians, they look like assholes
i will report this post to a mod. i grew up on new adventures and the designs spoke much more to me than motu (which always looked awful to me). he-man in space, fuck yeah! and the toys looked a lot better than the cheap animated show.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I like Average Man standing there between Buzz Lightyear and Double Torso Man

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's a really great show with good visual character designs overall.

The mutants were great too, and Skeletor is boss throughout the entire series.

There's also some really nice supporting characters like the scientists.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
the opening especially when mixed with the original's score is choice though!

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
i will report this post to a mod. i grew up on new adventures and the designs spoke much more to me than motu (which always looked awful to me). he-man in space, fuck yeah! and the toys looked a lot better than the cheap animated show.

Also to be honest most of them are barely in the show apart from He-Man, Flipshot (jock guy with the flight pack) and Hydron (the scuba guy) who are both pretty standard character concepts. Oh, and the picture in the OP isn't the original Galactic Guardians, which is why they're not in the intro sequence.

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
I have never, ever heard of this.
One of those first-run syndication, 5-days-a-week type deals.
I like that they re-purposed some of the toys for freaking Demolition Man. XD

Mar 30, 2018
The toys were fairly cool, though. I even had one of the character find of 1990: Butthead!

he-man.fandom.com

Butthead

Butthead is an action figure from the Mattel He-Man toy line and a character from the 1990 animated series The New Adventures of He-Man. He uses his armored head to smash his targets, just like Ram-Man. Butthead (who was referred to only as BH) was not present when Skeletor and He-Man first...

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i liked the designs back in the day. though i don't remember half of those goofy ass cohorts

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I remember watching this version but have no real fond memories except getting the electronic sword that Christmas. I always remember Skeletor sounded weird too.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like the character designs... for a non-He-Man cartoon. They look like rejected ideas for some Visionaries/Sectaurs/MASK/Sky Commanders-TYPE cartoon that they decided to just make into a new He-Man cartoon. Should've just called it "Light Ryder and the Solar Squadron".