• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Okay like this is scary, but also.

It is fucking hysterically funny. Literally because Rudy was such a profound moron he touched the fucking mics.

I respect his idiocy and desire to never play basketball again cause fucking lol if he thinks he's not getting blacklisted after this.

If he was a scrub he might get pushed out of the league. He isn't though so he won't face any consequences.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
That guy was a fucking idiot and this is why you have to take this shit seriously. It's not the flu.

Not to mention all those reporters could have the fucking virus now if he had it but was asymptomatic before touching everything.

Deleted member 27843

User requested account closure
Oct 30, 2017
I hate how 1 person becomes the poster-child for something like this. Gobert was an idiot for downplaying and mocking the virus, but someone was bound to get it. LeBron said just last week he would refuse to play without fans in attendance. A lot of people didn't take it as seriously as they should have. Those calling for Gobert to be banned from the NBA for life is such a stupid and unjust overreaction.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Good on Cuban for saying he will setup something for all the stadium workers to still get paid or whatever.
Yeah I don't like him but I really respected that, hopefully forces other owners to do the same (or at least they can't pretend like it never occurred to them)

Edit: btw the Kings-Pelicans game is still on and set to air on ESPN once this Nuggets-Mavs game ends, in case anyone wants to catch the last NBA game in 2 weeks or so (at least)

hiryu2015

Oct 27, 2017
in the last two weeks, the Jazz have played the Wiz-ards, Cavs, Knicks, Celtics, Pistons and Raptors. Only the Wizards and Raptors games were played in SLC

Jun 1, 2019
I heard people joking about Gobert catching corona right after he touched the mics, but it's surreal to see real life actually play out like that. I'm hoping the fall out is minimal and Gobert ends up okay, but once it's all said and done Gobert should probably face some type of suspension. I'm sorry but that was a grossly irresponsible thing of Gobert to do, and now look at the mess it's caused.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
He could be Kyrie Irving and get blacklisted for this. He's costing the league literally like, a billion dollars.

It's not like he knowingly infected anyone, nor can it be proven he was the primary vector. It was a stupid joke especially now that the optics make it look malicious. But it's Corona is costing the league millions, if not potentially billions, of dollars. Not Rudy Gobert.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing he was rubbing all those microphones a few days ago

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Elections are run by states, so every state would have to agree with it. And if Trump doesn't get re-elected to a second term, his first term (and Pence's) expires on January 20th, 2021. Absent an election making him President again on that day, he doesn't just get to stay president in perpetuity.

That said all these things are contingent on a senate that would be willing to call him on his bullshit, which *shrug*

A doomsday scenario that would have elections to be cancelled is kind of fascinating to think about. Since Pelosi's (and every other Representative for that matter) term would end on January 3rd, but Trump and Pence's terms wouldn't come to an end until January 20th. It would then fall to each state's own procedures for sending emergency representatives to the capital. I would imagine most would send the incumbants back, but maybe not. And would they even have enough to hold a vote for a new speaker? If not, that would make our president on Janurary 21st.....(check's notes).........Chuck Grassley.

Fuck.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I hate how 1 person becomes the poster-child for something like this. Gobert was an idiot for downplaying and mocking the virus, but someone was bound to get it. LeBron said just last week he would refuse to play without fans in attendance. A lot of people didn't take it as seriously as they should have. Those calling for Gobert to be banned from the NBA for life is such a stupid and unjust overreaction.
Yeah, as much we all like to (rightfully) clown on him, people are taking it waaaaay too far. Remember, it wasn't a matter of IF somebody gets infected, it was a matter of WHEN.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

I'll forgive some hottakes in the moment when someone does something this stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
Imo this is making it real and scary for me. Feels like the beginning of a scary sci-fi movie. That's a lot of money for the nba to let go of. Between this and Morey's tweets, which feels like a lifetime ago, it's been a rough season for NBA money

Oct 28, 2017
I'll forgive some hottakes in the moment when someone does something this stupid.

Yeah. Honestly he'd be fine if he just caught it randomly while following standard precautions like washing hands, keeping distance from people, etc.

He's getting roasted hard because his attitudes showed that he clearly didn't take league wide precautions anywhere close to serious. You don't pull the shit he did with the microphones if you weren't completely selfish. Coronavirus' problem is that it's so easy to spread, you want to do everything so it doesn't spread but apparently this was all a joke for Rudy.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Someone was going to get it eventually, but he deserves to get called out over the mic thing and the banned stuff(which I disagree with) is coming from the people mad over that.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
There's zero chance any infections will settle down by the summer at the latest. It's already regressing in China. We may see the most infections by May and then it tapers off imo.
It's tapering because they have extreme quarantine measures in place. As soon as they relax those, the virus will come back.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
This is really starting to hit me in regards to how bad this. Between the first reported case in Delaware (where I live), march madness being played without any fans in attendance, and now this. Just crazy, especially knowing how much more at risk people with pre-existing medical conditions are. I have asthma, so this is becoming all too real and scary now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I feel like that's been an issue with so many people. Not taking it seriously. I'm not saying you gotta hunker down zombie apocalypse style but completely dismissing it off bat just sounds irresponsible and untactful.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Because of an official suspected of having been in contact with Jazz players or because the players didn't want to come out, most likely both