• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
ya'll realize you can be friends with someone and disagree with their views right?

Sure but if the views are extreme enough then you're enabling some very toxic shit by continuing to support them. Fascist collaborators may not be outright facsists themselves, but that doesn't mean we should treat them as anything but collaborators

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
(Not going to respond to everyone individually) The point is Jon said some bad shit but you cannot deny the path he made in his genre of content, meaning people like Jakey and ScotttheWoz wouldn't be around without him, so of course they will respect him, plus he still makes great and funny videos. Learn to separate the art from the artist.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(Not going to respond to everyone individually) The point is Jon said some bad shit but you cannot deny the path he made in his genre of content, meaning people like Jakey and ScotttheWoz wouldn't be around without him, so of course they will respect him, plus he still makes great and funny videos. Learn to separate the art from the artist.

Uh, no. Glad you can, but telling others to is horse shit. JonTron's product is his personality. His art is the artist. His name is partially what lifted Game Grumps off the ground. It's why he's even in that Roiland commercial.

Jon Jafari hates the fact that people like me exist. Sorry, fuck this stupid ass line of thinking.

Also fuck you

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eat shit

Oct 25, 2017
ya'll realize you can be friends with someone and disagree with their views right?

Inb4 banned
Racism is just having a different view, amirite?
/s
What a bellend.

Fuck off.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Inb4 banned

"Man, Johnny throws such good parties, he's a really nice guy. I just wish he would put away his very real nazi paraphernalia and would stop calling my girlfriend a dumb k***".

Please.

How about no. "He makes me laugh, it's fine if he's okay with the systematic destruction of races that aren't mine"

Get fucked.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Nah, I don't think I will.

I can be inspired and still not support a piece of shit...

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
(Not going to respond to everyone individually) The point is Jon said some bad shit but
No how about actually shut the hell up. You're a sheep. And a bad person. Jon's views literally lead to genocide. Congrats on having the privilege of not having to worry about pieces of shit normalizing views that would get you killed because you're so fucking complacent.

Last edited:

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
This feels very similar to the crap justification I read yesterday from JonTron fans completely hand waving away what he did as having an "incorrect opinion."

This is just one image but good lord there are a LOT of similar posts like these.

nRVca0l.jpg

collige

Oct 31, 2017
That's all well and good, but Jakey didn't tweet himself hugging Jontron's Youtube channel, he hugged the artist.

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing Racism and Bigotry, Trolling, and Attacking the Community; Previous Severe Infractions
Lol yep. This site is a hiveminded echochamber. I shouldve known when ya'll made fun of totalbuscuit after his death, blamed pewdiepie for a mass shooting, got a CD projekt red employee fired, and unsuccessfully boycotted playasia. Peace.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When his whole "art" comes from his personality how can you even ask people to separate them?

Again, what he wants is people like me to be excluded from society.

Lol yep. This site is a hiveminded echochamber. I shouldve known when ya'll made fun of totalbuscuit after his death, blamed pewdiepie for a mass shooting, got a CD projekt red employee fired, and unsuccessfully boycotted playasia. Peace.
Bye then bigot.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

So, beyond the disappointment I feel seeing people associate with Jon, I am not actually totally convinced it is necessary to drop them. I personally don't want to engage with their content, but I don't begrudge anyone who isn't willing to drop someone like Jake for associating with Jafari.

That being said, I absolutely think you have shitty priorities if you do actively support someone like JonTron. Racism is still an epidemic. Supporting JonTron is supporting racism. It shows people that you can maintain those poisonous ideologies and not suffer any consequences. That is genuinely fucked up.

Biggotry and prejudice are not welcome here. If that makes us a "hivemind" then so fucking be it. Maybe the probelm isn't that ResetEra is an "echochamber", but that you have trash views and will be consistently called out by people who aren't completely fucking awful? I know you won't have enough humility to actually consider that possibility, but I assure you, it is more than likely the actual cause of this conflict.

I hope that you will one day grow and become a better person. I sincerely mean that.

Last edited:

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels very similar to the crap justification I read yesterday from JonTron fans completely hand waving away what he did as having an "incorrect opinion."

This is just one image but good lord there are a LOT of similar posts like these.

nRVca0l.jpg
Ah yes, racism is just a bad political opinion. Of course.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Alternatively: fuck off.

You are normalizing racism by presenting at "Just an opinion," as if it has any validity or legitimacy in the real world. "I hate all David Fincher's movies," is just an opinion, "We have to stop immigrants from diluting the white gene pool," is abhorrent and no amount of downplaying will change that it's an attitude that has ZERO place in society.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Man, are the Easy Allies and Polygon staff the only YouTube gaming personalities that aren't shit?

senj

Nov 6, 2017

Inb4 banned
C'mon. We're not talking about a difference in views on marginal taxation here; this isn't something that reasonable people can reasonably disagree on.

This is hardcore, virulent "the non-whites are subhuman" racism. Some ideologies are simply too evil to be tolerated. There's no ethical way to remain good pals with a Nazi — you're not "disagreeing with their views", you're tacitly accepting their insane ideology.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, racism is just a bad political opinion. Of course.
Yeah. And like I said, there was a lot of very similar attempts at justification across a couple of different threads and subreddits.

"It's just an incorrect opinion."
"Bad political opinion."
"He wasn't prepared."
"He apologized." (He didn't.)

It's honestly impressive the blind eyes and hand waving people will do to excuse anything, including JonTron bringing up actual Stormfront talking points.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Welp, just unsubscribed to NakeyJakey. (I hadn't actually watched anything of his since Overwatch and had forgotten about him, but it was still a sub.)

I had never even heard of JonTron until Destiny debated him, but I heard all I ever needed to hear that day.

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017

i fucking love how racists always downplay racism.

He argues that the U.S. should refuse immigrants from "incompatible places." Interestingly, Jafari's heritage is of Hungary and Iran; Iran is one of seven nations named in an executive order issued by the Trump administration restricting immigration, and a revised one following a successful challenge to the first.

but nah he just said some "bad shit". lol sure.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Man, are the Easy Allies and Polygon staff the only YouTube gaming personalities that aren't shit?

Even then, you can never be certain. Attempted Rapist Nick Robinson was a Polygon staff for a minute. Albeit one whose entire career was playing the straight man to Griffin McElroy. I don't even know what his work's like when he's not some inert observer to McElmagic.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I know I stan for these dudes a lot, but the Retsupurae crew (slowbeef, Diabetus, Chip and Ironicus, Tietuesday) is pretty great nowadays.

Yup. Team Racepit is still real good. I like Smight the best out of the lot.

It's kind of amazing that some of the most wholesome-yet-great streamers came out of somethingawful.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017

Separate the art from the artist? Hitler was a painter.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Just got signal boosted by Girlfriend Reviews. Searched to see who he was and saw this... for fucks sake