• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
You meant David Wise, right? He composed those two, I do believe.
There were also other composers on the soundtrack who contributed some great tracks, too, such as Matt Griffin.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Impossible Lair is a fantastic game and feels like Rare's DKC4 we never got, but fuck me that last level is trash.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
You meant David Wise, right? He composed those two, I do believe.
There were also other composers on the soundtrack who contributed some great tracks, too, such as Matt Griffin.

I'm playing right now and this track has stood out the most to me so far from what I've played.

Was shocked to see it wasn't David Wise when I looked it up afterward. Great stuff.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
Kirkhope is always in godly mode. But I guess the only tracks from him are the ones in the overworld map. And those are excellent.

I see very fitting that the Banjo spiritual sequel had most tracks from Kirkhope ...

And the DKC spiritual sequel has most tracks from David Wise.

Both of them are my favorite composers of all time. Tropical Freeze 's soundtrack is even better though. Wise was in beast mode there.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got Impossible Lair for Christmas and it's such an utter delight, not the least of which is one of the most joyous soundtracks in years. Well done the whoever was involved in the composition.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Wheres that funny david fucking wise image people used to post
x1q0gWF.png

Awakened

Oct 27, 2017
Impossible Lair is a fantastic game and feels like Rare's DKC4 we never got, but fuck me that last level is trash.
It was frustrating for a bit, but as I practiced it it ended up being the most fun and memorable level. There are a lot of fast sections of it that you can whip through when you know what you're doing. Though I wish the background netting climbing was faster and some of the rising platforms where you're just dodging stuff were too slow. A lot of the normal levels had annoying enemy or wall placements that slowed me down too much too. And what is up with some of the level's obsession with doors? Some of them just went into a single room with a single jump challenge and then back out. The opening door animation started to feel like it took forever over time.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack is indeed very good, probably the best part of the game.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
SFX are atrocious on the other end... man, they need to get rid of whoever has put those annoying sounds when you collect crap. They were obnoxious in the first Yooka Laylee and it's the same here...

p.s. not the the art department is much better... you really see how everything sound and look really mediocre, other then David Wise.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SFX are atrocious on the other end... man, they need to get rid of whoever has put those annoying sounds when you collect crap. They were obnoxious in the first Yooka Laylee and it's the same here...
Hopefully, they can afford a more robust sound library with the next game.

This game did sell, right?

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, completely agree, you only need to listen to the title tune to know you're in for something special. And the game itself is great, better than both Rare DK's.