• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Mueller testifying would be a mistake I think unless he specifically asked to speak his mind, but he strikes me as the type to not do that.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barr defended obstruction but its not like Mueller said it was obstruction. Just said it COULD be based on interpretation. Which means he didn't feel strongly enough to suggest pressing charges. Either because they aren't that bad or because he would rather not do that to a sitting president.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
As to the usefulness of hearing from Mueller, I think we need to read the actual report first. We may well have vastly different opinions on those possible cases of obstruction

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I think the House will start impeachment proceedings because of the obstruction part. He's acting like he is above the law.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Release the full report. Subpoena it.
2. Put Mueller under oath in front of Congress.
3. Get Trump's tax returns.
4. Begin impeachment proceedings for both Trump and Barr.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Mueller testifying would be a mistake I think unless he specifically asked to speak his mind, but he strikes me as the type to not do that.

He and his team performed the investigation and wrote the report. It provides Congress and us, the people, with an opportunity to hear and get some insight about the process and evidence that isn't necessarily found in the report from the horse's mouth while the public tunes in (hopefully).

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's absolutely crazy seeing people bitterly turn on the very people they were championing six months ago

trump has utterly broken some people

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
People are running to destroy their legacy and reputation for Trump. That is what confuses me.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

"It is clear Congress and the American people must hear from Special Counsel Robert Mueller in person to better understand his findings. We are now requesting Mueller to appear before @HouseJudiciary as soon as possible. "

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to hand it to the Yanks, I didn't think anything could make our government look more incompetent and untrustworthy than Brexit..... step forward Barr and Trump.

Jesus fucking Christ on a bike.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the House will start impeachment proceedings because of the obstruction part. He's acting like he is above the law.

That paid off so well for the Republicans vs Clinton.

Listen to Pelosi. She knows what she is doing. Impeachment is off the table because it won't succeed all it will do is bolster Trump.

Deleted member 10908

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory generalizations, previous infractions
What the fuck is a radical left Democrat? Is that supposed to be the equivalent to the alt right?
You dont have to look too far, on this very forum you have people applauding assault and harassment of GOP members and people who think differently. You also see people wishing death on politicians, public figures, and the police from time to time. Those are your radical left democrats

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Barr defended obstruction but its not like Mueller said it was obstruction. Just said it COULD be based on interpretation. Which means he didn't feel strongly enough to suggest pressing charges. Either because they aren't that bad or because he would rather not do that to a sitting president.
We. Haven't. Seen. The. Report.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Think press finally learned not to take his word completely at face value, they're all pretty much dunking on Barr on CNN.

Yeah, checking all out lets even the NY times didn't fall for it. They all really fell for Barr being legit last time and have since realized he's another Trump shitlord.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

This seems more than plausible.

If the report details 10 incidents where Trump may have obstructed justice AND outlines the legal arguments that would justify it.... I think that might be what cooks Trump's goose.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He and his team performed the investigation and wrote the report. It provides Congress and us, the people, with an opportunity to hear and get some insight about the process and evidence that isn't necessarily found in the report from the horse's mouth while the public tunes in (hopefully).

Expecting Mueller to say anything other than what is contained in his report is just creating another media circus when all he will do is refer to his report and DOJ guidelines.

Nadler will try and get him to take a position which it is clear he believes he cannot take or he would have done so in the report.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
1xRWKE3.gif

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"When I was young, I was told that "feelings" were the exact reason a woman would never be president."

Oooooh. I hope Donny comes across this tweet.

Weren't we told that in 2016, as well?

Why is "When you Wish Upon a Star" playing on the Washington Post Twitch Stream? Please tell me that's playing in the actual room...

Oct 25, 2017
You dont have to look too far, on this very forum you have people applauding assault and harassment of GOP members and people who think differently. You also see people wishing death on politicians, public figures, and the police from time to time. Those are your radical left democrats
For reference, are you an immigrant (and the GOP wants to put your children in a cage), and/or minority in skin color or sexual orientation or transgender (and the GOP wants you dead) and/or black (and the police are highly likely to kill you)?

Because this is the reality people face. "murdering unarmed black people" and "locking children in cages" and "white supremacy" is "thinking differently", yes, but is that really what you are advocating?

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems more than plausible.

If the report details 10 incidents where Trump may have obstructed justice AND outlines the legal arguments that would justify it.... I think that might be what cooks Trump's goose.

For what goal? What will impeachment in the house accomplish? Senate won't do it and all it will do is push against the democrats by making this report become spun even more as a partisan witchhunt. The hope for impeachment required collusion to get the Senate on board. A lack of that and no definitive position on obstruction kills this off.

Republicans have already shown how poorly a one-sided impeachment can go politically.

Some of you need to think a bit more logically about how this all plays out.

Oct 27, 2017
Its quite extraordinary and worrying how Trump has remolded the Republican party in his image. I know Republicans have always been trash but seeing Republican politicians parroting Trump's style of Tweet and phrasing is very concerning.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barr thought this was 1990 and he could just pull this stunt and everyone would go 'okay then.' Glad to see it looks like it backfired. Or, he is a sycophant with an audience of 1, and he doesn't care what happens as long as trump thinks he's loyal and will continue to give him access to folks who will help him (I presume) get out of crushing debt.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Its clear that Trump is painting more Democrats than just the left leaning/aggressive members of this forum as "RADICAL LEFT".

Status
Not open for further replies.