• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If we're talking about Breath Of Fire characters, why not go all out:

latest

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I absolutely agree about Daredevil. I feel like he should've included by this point.

Aside from the obvious ones mentioned, a Spider-Man villain not named Venom is necessary. Unfortunately Doctor Octopus was scrapped and never revisited altogether. I really want him in a Vs game. Leon is another.

May 18, 2018
I think it would be cool if Moon Knight joined. He does have a t.v show coming up for Disney Plus.

I probably prefer an all Marvel game first cause there's so many great marvel characters.

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Ms. Marvel
ms._marvel_38_-_publicity_-_h_2018.jpg

Rashid
da0yfl4-8a2988f9-237e-4fb8-9802-7558d239d4ad.png

Edit: Whoops Obvious. So yeah, Nero's a shoein lol.

Last edited:

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Marvel: How do we show people we aren't just pulling characters to shill future movies/shows?
Capcom: We've got an idea:
Marvel:...Brilliant...

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
The entire Defenders crew, Daredevil and Blindspot especially. Ghost Spider and the other Spider-Women in general are solid picks.

4982515-blindspot.jpg

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Obvious choices: Nero, Miles Morales, Gwen, Mr. X. Bring back giant characters from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and include Rathalos and Giant Ant Man (there may be a better choice here for Marvel, not as familiar with that side of the lineage).

Characters that should be obvious, but aren't: Doc Ock, Leon Kennedy, Proto Man, Batsu, Loki, Ada Wong

Characters that are obvious because they're cool and have moveset potential, but won't actually happen: Franziska von Karma, Trucy Wright, Sissel

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MARVEL

Daredevil
Black Widow
Star-Lord
Scarlet Witch
Vision

CAPCOM

C. Viper
Juri
Asura
Leon
Nero

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
From the Marvel side:
- Ghost Spider
- Ms. Marvel
- Scarlet Witch
- Green Goblin
- And an oddball pick like MODOK or Shuma-Gorath . Maybe Howard the Duck? He can have the pogo from the capcom Ducktales game

Capcom
- Nero
- Leon
- Rashid
(These ain't obvious but... I want them lol)
- Akira from Rival Schools
- a Gunner Hunter

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely respect all the mentions of Ms. Marvel. Surprised Miles Morales isn't getting more mentions.

Capcom side? Nero is super obvious at this point. Rashid would be fun too.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel

Squirrel Girl
Moon Girl and Devik Dinosaur
Honey Badger
Miles

Capcom

Snake
Simon Belmont.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Capcom side

DMC5 -> Nero, Lady
RE2 -> Leon, Ada
SFV -> Juri, Menat
MHW -> Rajang

etc. -> Asura (Asura's Wraith), Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney), Gene (God Hand)

10 characters, 5 males, 4 females, 1 ape.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
A Classic Spider-Man villain has been the biggest omission. Venom doesn't really count.
These have always been at the top of the Marvel big bad list and at least one seems like an obvious pick even if you're not Spider-Man fan.
Dr. Octopus
Green Goblin

Any of these would also suffice, but I get other Marvel villains being more important picks:
Mysterio
Sandman
Scorpion

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We didn't get Ms. Marvel or Squirrel Girl for Infinite so Marvel can go to hell.

Capcom Fighting All-Stars, baby.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my semi-realistic base roster.

EQfo-5MWkAU7Gxn-2.png

The first DLC pack would probably be Sersi/Blade/Shang-Chi for Marvel & Trish/Sigma/Captain Commando for Capcom.
I like this for the most part but I would make some few adjustments.
Replace Poison with Rashid
Add V, main or DLC.
Add Mysterio/Goblin/DocOck. I think the game needs to have a Spidey villain in the main roster.
Ant-Man should be in the main roster.
Add Namor, main or DLC.

Who's the purple haired lady between Storm and Pool?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Admittedly Daredevil's a bit tricky because his main superpower - his radar-like senses - isn't exactly easy to translate. Not that it can't be done, it just needs a bit of creativity and a heavy leaning on his ninja skills and billy club.

I will say that I've become totally on board for Mysterio, ngl.

PleasantAgileAntlion-size_restricted.gif

Hyper Combo Finishhhhhh

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I like this for the most part but I would make some few adjustments.
Replace Poison with Rashid
Add V, main or DLC.
Add Mysterio/Goblin/DocOck. I think the game needs to have a Spidey villain in the main roster.
Ant-Man should be in the main roster.
Add Namor, main or DLC.

Who's the purple haired lady between Storm and Pool?
The purple-haired woman is Captain Britain, the former Psylocke (Betsy Braddock). As for the others...
  • Menat is already in that roster. If you're gonna add Rashid in, it'd have to be in place of her.
  • I had drafts with both Trish & V, but the Capcom side was getting too DMC-heavy.
  • There was a draft with Green Goblin. But between him & Miles, Miles won out.
  • Good suggestion, though I'd personally go for Wasp instead due to her being able to do everything that Ant-Man can & more.
  • Namor feels more like a DLC pick.
My roster basically had three goals...
  1. Make up for the Fox ban screwing over the X-Men & F4 characters last time.
  2. Have at least 30% of the roster comprised of characters who are primarily women.
    • My roster got to 33.929%.
  3. Be able to fill an entire team with black characters.

Last edited:

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
The Capcom side of things, I feel like these should be the reps for these series':

• RESIDENT EVIL
Leon Kennedy
Ada Wong
Super Tyrant / Mr. X
Albert Wesker

Chris Redfield isn't relevant anymore. RE3 flopped so Nemesis is gone, and Capcom hates Jill so she's gone too.

• DEVIL MAY CRY
Dante
Vergil
Nero
Trish OR Lady

I feel like Lady is more popular, so she may get the upper hand but she's way less playable and "main" than Trish so who knows. V will most definitely be integrated into another character...

• STREET FIGHTER
Ryu
Chun-Li
Akuma
SFV newcomer OR C. Viper

If Captain Commando is in, Viper is out. Akuma fans won't STFU about him so he's probably in. SFV newcomer... I guess Laura is the most popular? Rashid would fit in a MvC game too.