• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDgvNDQ2L2kwMi9CYXRtYW5TbnlkZXIuanBn

Hate the movie and think the suit needs some edits but it's still visually the most impressive movie suit a comic character has gotten

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
The specialness of this has probably worn off just due to how often we saw it, but they nailed EVERYTHING about the Mark IV in Iron Man. How it looked, how it moved, how it came together and flew. Perfect.

breakdown-of-every-suit-from-the-iron-man-movies-44-photos-45.jpg

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool and Snyder Batman for me are the best comic costumes I've seen. Also if we're talking about Spawn I wanna give it up to John Leguizamo's Violator/Clown look
spawn-john-leguizamo.jpg

Aside from looking great he also gave us the Spawny song.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
giphy.gif

Felt like making a thread praising the scene in Far From Home. Watched it again today and it's still amazing how good they made Mysterio. Just about everything from him was perfect.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
BvS Batman is impressive not because how good they nailed but because we went trough 7 major motion pictures Batman before getting a good Batman outfit .

My favorite tough is Iron Man, it looks so real and at the same time a mirror to its comic book counterpart, its just amazing.

Especial mention to Red Skull,Dr Strange and V.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Yup, the Bat-Tank (not the car) sure is up there.

Dr. Strange and Mysterio share my personal close second, just because they look so perfect and really, really should not work.

Everything from Hellboy 1&2 is this.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Spawn is so weird because some of the effects like this still look excellent, especially for when it was made.

But then you have his cape and the Hell stuff....

They ran out of money for the hell shots. Some vendor didn't deliver or some shit. Ran with the money. The cape was amazing for the time. You lies.

Oct 27, 2017
They ran out of money for the hell shots. Some vendor didn't deliver or some shit. Ran with the money. The cape was amazing for the time. You lies.

For the time for sure, I just don't think it holds up as well compared to some other shots. And the practical effects that they use were amazing, as was the make up

I didn't realize they ran out of money, that explains why there's such a huge disparity.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, how does Rorschach see through that mask?? The material does not seem transparent at all. Snyder should have just cut out eyeholes for him instead of hewing so faithful to the comics.
I've never worn a Rorschach mask, but I've done The Question before, and it's not impossible to see. My solution was to have two layers of dyed cheesecloth except for the "eyeholes" which were only one layer. The end result is still very smooth looking with a lot of added visibility. You don't see perfectly, but you can get by. I think the preferred material for Rorschach masks is stockings though, not cheese cloth. I don't know how the visibility compares.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard not to admire those Ninja Turtle costumes, because they're (obviously) onscreen constantly, alongside and interacting with unadorned actors, and with no CG safety net. Had they been even slightly off, or even restricted movement too much, the entire film would've collapsed.

But Henson and co. nailed them.

OP
OP
Garlador

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's hard not to admire those Ninja Turtle costumes, because they're (obviously) onscreen constantly, alongside and interacting with unadorned actors, and with no CG safety net. Had they been even slightly off, or even restricted movement too much, the entire film would've collapsed.

But Henson and co. nailed them.
Still raving over them. You're right; if anything was even slightly off, the whole FILM would've fallen apart since all four are the primary characters.

But they were so good that they put them in plenty of close-ups and the emotions came across clear. Even WITH the bandana masks typically limiting expression.
VWYmjd0.gif

Even then, most filmmakers - even ones with lots of experience like Stan Winston - always tried to keep their practical effects limited to dark shadows, night shots, and a few minutes of film at a time. The Ninja Turtles, however, often had many scenes out in broad daylight, under natural light, where any slight blemish, mistake, or stilted animatronic would've been even worse... but it didn't happen. They just knocked it out of the park.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Never thought they would come close to depicting Hela as she looks in the comics, but they definitely did.
1*fUrsJDEK9C7SGUSVPezGnQ.jpeg

Hela was a really really good depection.
The cape and helmet were so on point.

I like Cap's Winter Soldier suit

cap-winter-soldier-costume.jpg

Shield Captain America is actually my favorite Captain America costume even in the comics.

Them having captured and done it pretty much better than the comic is a true accomplishment.

I would also like to see Shield Captain Marvel....sometimes more muted colors help a costume look the business.

But my vote is still DeadPool.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Can't recall whether Batfleck could move his head around in that glorious suit. If he couldn't then I consider the cowl portion, trash.