• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't been keeping up with us in the Hickman X-Men thread there's been new developments for Marvel's Merry Mutants.

The mutants live in a mutant paradise these days called Krakoa. There's a government of sorts, a strong economy, and now an intergalactic space station.
But now the time has come for the return of a formal team of X-Men. Jean Grey and Scott Summers left their respective positions in this government to form a new team-but this time the members would be chosen by free elections.

Marvel today has announced that fans will be voting for the final member of the team. Check out the link here and vote for who you want to be on the new X-Men team.

PARTICIPATE IN THE ANNUAL ELECTION OF YOUR PROTECTORS OF KRAKOA…

THE X-MEN!

In 2021, Mutantkind will be selecting the first X-Men team of the Krakoan Age and you are invited to take part in the election. Marvel's fan vote will be 100% responsible for the determination of the final member of this inaugural team, so choose wisely as your choice will have an everlasting effect on the future of the X-Men and the world at large.

VOTING WILL BE OPEN FROM 12:00am EST JANUARY 27, 2021, TO 11:59pm EST FEBRUARY 2, 2021.

ARMOR
ARMOR-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

BANSHEE
BANSHEE-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

BOOM BOOM
BOOM_BOOM-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

CANNONBALL
CANNONBALL-XVOTE_CRD2-540x540_0.jpg

FORGE
FORGE-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

MARROW
MARROW-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

POLARIS
POLARIS-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

STRONG GUY
STRONG_GUY-XVOTE_CRD2-540x540_0.jpg

SUNSPOT
SUNSPOT-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

TEMPO
TEMPO-XVOTE_CRD-540x540.jpg

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta go with Polaris on this one, mostly just to get her out of her stupid X-factor costume.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tempo has cool powers and was a villain, so that's interesting.

Polaris had a moment with Scott at one point, IIRC. Might be an interesting wrench to throw in the mix.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Start of the OP's not quite right as we're not voting for the whole team, just the last member.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Nah-not sure how far behind you are, but The Children of the Vault have returned. Time works differently inside The Vault. Anyone that goes in will be trapped for thousands of years, basically. They came up with a small team that will go in, live for thousands- of years possibly inside The Vault and then return with information. The team is Darwin, Wolverine (Laura) and Synch.
x-men-5-2.jpg

x-men-5-3.jpg

293c47be30ca87f5b0069eca7fa7392d57a19896.png

EbO_LBrXsAARNbG

Last edited:

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
What's Forge's power, just being good at inventing machines? He's probably not even as good at it as Tony Stark. Bad mutant. Do not vote for Forge.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Armor, Strong Guy, or Sunspot would be my choice. Think I'll vote Armor, but I like all three.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read comics in years and only know of these Krakoa developments second hand and what I skimmed off of the marvel wikia. So maybe someone can answer.

Is Krakoa a legitimate good development for mutants, like a utopia (that sort of feels like it's trying to rip off Wakanda but for mutants)? Or is it supposed to feel like it could all devolve/become cultish?

Because between kicking out longstanding mutants for technicalities like Franklin Richards, having villains as part of the leadership, and Hope's squad being revered as gods for reviving dead mutants using clones-but-not-clones....To me it feels like the latter. Again, I have absolutely 0 context so I have no idea how these are all presented.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno nothin bout comics but boom boom is a funny name for a character so gets my vote

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What's Forge's power, just being good at inventing machines? He's probably not even as good at it as Tony Stark. Bad mutant. Do not vote for Forge.
Forge is a mutant with a superhuman intuitive talent for inventing mechanical devices. His mutant ability functions as perception, as he possesses the ability to visually perceive "mechanical energy" (the kinetic energy and potential energy present in the components of mechanical systems) in action. This power allows Forge to instinctively know and understand the potential and functional operations of any machine or technological device in his visual range, a skill that combined with his natural intelligence allows him to conceive, design and build mechanical devices; and operate, modify and disassemble existing technology or create countermeasures for it.

Forge's superhuman talent does not mean that he is a greater inventor than geniuses such as Reed Richards, Victor von Doom, or Anthony Stark, none of whom owe their talent for invention to mutation. But even a genius at invention must for the most part consciously work out the theoretical principles behind the invention and then the design of the invention itself through a series of logical steps. In Forge's case, however, many of these logical steps would be worked out by his subconscious mind. Hence, Forge himself might not be entirely aware of exactly how he figured out how to create an invention of his.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Without context of what the current team is, I'm going Armor.

I'd have gone Forge, but he's a dick, lol

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Having almost no familiarity with most of these characters and doing some googling, Forge seems like a fun choice. Appears at a glance to be the one whose powers could make the most interesting story contributions.

Sunspot is kinda cool.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Marrow all the way. I started reading comics in the 90's and the Joe Kelly run holds a special place in my heart. I love how gross her powers are and would love to see her take on the current Krakoa status quo.

I wish Maggot was on the list!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Voted for Marrow, mostly because she was so great in Simon Spurrier's X-force run.

OqxN91U.png

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Strong guy, sunspot, tempo and boom boom are the ones who have never been X-Men before, right?

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Fuck you Marvel make it a write-in vote so I can cast mine for the glorious Jaime Braddock.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Polaris with a good lead

Some say this has more to do with fans of the The Gifted Tv show than the books

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Don't vote for Polaris! She needs to stay on X-Factor where she belongs!

Do vote for Tempo.