• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Nah two most iconic scenes are when Bilbo turns into a gremlin "blahhhhh" or when Aaragon completly forgets his accent and turns Irish towards the end.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Frodo's laugh after seeing Gandalf always creeped me out. Scene isn't perfect but the music helps it to work.

I'm still curious how the whole 'Legolas never talks to Frodo' thing happened. Like, did they realize it at some point? Was it intentional?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Frodo's laugh after seeing Gandalf always creeped me out. Scene isn't perfect but the music helps it to work.

I'm still curious how the whole 'Legolas never talks to Frodo' thing happened. Like, did they realize it at some point? Was it intentional?
Not everyone has to be BFFs. Professional guys being professional.
We also never see Frodo take a piss, does that mean he didn't in all his year long travels?

I assume they talked, but it was never story critical, so we didn't get to see it. And yeah, it probably meant they weren't as close to each other as everyone else, but they were still companions.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought that in the amount time it takes to fire a pistol 5 or 6 times, Neo is actually falling really slowly.

THANK YOU. I've always wondered why Trinity would be so impressed with Neo when he literally would've appeared to be falling down awkwardly in real-time from her perspective.

It might help when you recall how the characters interacted at the beginning of Fellowship. They both tried to act seriously then (the "you're late" exchange), but each ended up dropping the faux-seriousness for a shared laugh.

Also, Gandalf was probably the last person he expected to see after he woke…he might've even believed that they were both dead.

May 26, 2018
This 90s-ass looking dissolve gets me every time.

PDVD_019.jpg

Every time I see this I think we're about to watch an 80s hair metal music video

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Not everyone has to be BFFs. Professional guys being professional.

We also never see Frodo take a piss, does that mean he didn't in all his year long travels?

I assume they talked, but it was never story critical, so we didn't get to see it. And yeah, it probably meant they weren't as close to each other as everyone else, but they were still companions.

Oh I meant, like, script-wise you'd think they'd have noticed two of their leads never interact and would have added in a small bit to fix it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I meant, like, script-wise you'd think they'd have noticed two of their leads never interact and would have added in a small bit to fix it.
They have like 9 leads in the Fellowship alone, which isn't even accounting for the dozens of the signficant side characters they meet along the way. The movies are already long enough, I'd say.

Consider this: if you haven't been told that Legolas and Frodo never talked to each other onscreen, would you have noticed it? Would most people? Probably not because the story as a whole sells them well as a tight knit group of friends. If you buy that notion, you can extrapolate that they interact with each other on the journey. They're friends, we just don't see their interactions because it's not story critical. Or...

Alternatively, you can take it at face value what we literally see and just assume that Frodo and Legolas are just two parts of the friend group that aren't that close to each other. They're not all obligated to love each other to the same degree, why is it a big deal for Frodo and Legolas to not be as close to each other as they are to others? None that I can see.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this movie... let's say, more than my fair share of times in theaters. And every single time, the audience laughed like crazy at this scene like they were watching a full-on comedy film. I just don't think it landed the way it was intended to.

Also, Frodo and Legolas travel together for months, and we only cut in for a handful of setpieces. It's not that they never talk to each other. It's that we only really intimately see them when the shit hits the fan, and they're in different leagues as far as what they're going to be doing in reaction to the fan-shitting.