• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna say Mass effect 2 but since that was already mentioned here are a couple more that came to mind.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
"Icarus" from the Human Revolution trailer. Still listen to this soundtrack occasionally.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe a weird pick, but the way this trailer is edited to synch with the track and crossover reveal is magical the first time you see it.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is technically credits music but it was used in at least one English trailer for FFXII. Starts off gloomy and dark but quickly turns fun and adventurous at the 2:00 mark. Got me super hyped for the game back then.

And here's the long ass credits version:

Last edited:

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
The music in the latest death stranding trailer the Japanese trailer anyways

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
These trailers have hype music, but it's the way dialogue is edited that helps makes them truly exceptional. Every time I see these, it's like it's the first time.

Crypt of the Necrodancer's Early Access Launch Trailer:

Red Dead Redemption 1's Launch Trailer:

It's hard for me to say which is more exciting, the music or the dialogue in each.

"You can't stop me ... I'm going ... to the Crypt ...

of the Necrodancer!"

and

"Well, old man ... looks like things is about to get settled once and for all."
"So it seems."

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
This launch trailer.
I absolutely love Demon's Souls back then so I was really pumped for Dark Souls while none of my friend interested in it.
This trailer and the music skyrocketed my hype meter and brought my friend to give it a try.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Nothing even compares to the halo 3 reveal trailer. That is easily the best trailer and trailer music ever created. That reveal may well be the most hyped moment ever in gaming to me. I got more playtime out of that trailer than a lot of games I played lol. Shit was amazing.

Wish we got more advertising campaigns like halo 3's, it actually adds to the whole experience for me.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame that composer ripped off the original MGS theme. That's still one of my favorite series themes of all time, hearing it took me back
Back in 2001 there was a dvd that released with the game and they speak to Kojima about the music and the old composer of the original theme. The team wanted Harry Gregson Williams to remake the theme with clear influence from the OG, but with orchestral/movie type influence too. It's an incredible dvd.