• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An interesting video I just stumbled upon across on YouTube:

Do you agree, Era?
What's your story with this photo?

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't even realise it was a photo. I thought it was CGI render or something.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im partial to Migrant Mother

Migrant-Mother.jpg

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's the most widespread photo due to a big monopolistic corporation shoved it down our throat.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Huh, I think I've only ever seen an edited version where her bosom is much more prominent (the clothing removed from most of her chest) -- that sucks that someone turned that into a crass joke (unless this is the edit)
are you thinking of this?

obsQ57C.jpg

Dorothea Lange did multiple takes and in different poses

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I think I've only ever seen an edited version where her bosom is much more prominent (the clothing removed from most of her chest) -- that sucks that someone turned that into a crass joke (unless this is the edit)
petapixel.com

That Iconic 'Migrant Mother' Photo Was 'Photoshopped'

"Migrant Mother" by photographer Dorothea Lange is an iconic image of the Great Depression and one of the most famous photos in US history. But did you
Her thumb was airbrushed out. Her bosom tho??

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Saigon Execution, Tank Man, and the Che Guevara picture are the first things that came to mind. The XP photo is definitely very high quality, but I'm not sure what I could say it influenced.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the most important photograph ever taken!

heic0611b.jpg

Just remember, every time you look up in the sky, somebody is looking back at you...

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scariest photo I've ever seen is the one where a killer dressed up his victim and then took a picture as he advanced on her to kill her. Absolutely terrifying with zero gore or anything.

Certainly not the most famous of course, just reminded of it by all the terrifying pictures mentioned here.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Norman wore a badge on the podium in support of the Olympic Project for Human Rights (OPHR). After the final, Carlos and Smith had told Norman what they were planning to do during the ceremony. As journalist Martin Flanagan wrote: "They asked Norman if he believed in human rights. He said he did. They asked him if he believed in God. Norman, who came from a Salvation Army background, said he believed strongly in God. We knew that what we were going to do was far greater than any athletic feat. He said, 'I'll stand with you'. Carlos said he expected to see fear in Norman's eyes. He didn't; 'I saw love.'"[10] On the way to the medal ceremony, Norman saw the OPHR badge being worn by Paul Hoffman, a white member of the US Rowing Team, and asked him if he could wear it.[11] It was Norman who suggested that Smith and Carlos share the black gloves used in their salute, after Carlos left his pair at the Olympic Village.[4] This is the reason for Smith raising his right fist, while Carlos raised his left.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many but I would say the most famous one for modern times would be The Falling Man.

Oct 26, 2017

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I would've thought it'd be Eddie Adams' Saigon execution photo

_99797930_57089ea0-fe42-40d1-8f83-146c6b379cfc.jpg

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
1024px-NASA-Apollo8-Dec24-Earthrise.jpg

Showed how small we all are, living on this tiny blue marble, one earth shared by many

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
It has to be one of the first moon landing pictures.

The Buzz Aldrin one stood on the moon is everywhere.

337294main_pg62_as11-40-5903_full.jpg