• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Brave-New-World-episode-of-Boy-Meets-World.jpg

Class dismissed.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen anything like this and even now I can't really explain how it makes me feel. It blurs the lines of acting and creates one of the most emotionally honest moments i've ever seen on screen. In that moment, Coulson decides Lanterman's final words, her final actions, how she will pass and she does it all posthumously. Cancer has ailed her but she controls her will.

Not topical but this is really close to Bowie's last album. Listening to it before and after his passing is entirely different and frames the whole thing in a different light. I would never have guessed the album was about his eventual passing and it's still hard to listen to today with the knowledge of its background.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The final episode of Roy & HG's The Dream, the most entertaining thing to ever come out of an Olympics.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty surreal seeing that log lady scene after knowing she died. It was like we were witnessing her last words on Earth on camera. Felt like Lynch was going for that vibe too

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I kind of feel like most people didn't read the OP? Doesn't seem like the op was asking "what is" rather was bringing attention to this specific scene and actress.

I have to say that I teared up during this scene, I knew that she had passed and I had no idea they were going to have this kind of scene in the show and it just hit so hard knowing she was really gone.

Doesn't matter. Anytime you claim anything is the "best" or "most" of anything others are going to tell why you why you're wrong or bring up their own examples. If the conversation was only supposed to be about this scene, the OP should have left the superlatives out of it.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I just finished watching The Leftovers,
and the scene where Nora says goodbye to her brother killed me.

Nov 26, 2017
I love the twin peaks goodbye
Myself I still remember the 8 simple rules episode where John Ritter character died, I watched the episode live and remembered getting chocked watching it

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
how the fuck has this not been posted yet. the hallway scene is great, but this one really gets the tears ah-flowin

also, fast forward to 3:20 for the feels

EDIT: Ooops, nevermind there's a couple mentions on first page

M*A*S*H but not the final episode. The episode with Colonel Henry Blake going back home.

oof, good one. the way everyone has to immediately go back to work after the news is announced is heartbreaking. war sucks

Last edited:

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
Several good ones mentioned, but Nate's Death in Burn Notice I think is often overlooked in these kind of threads. When Nate said he was scared and that tear rolled down his face that destroyed me.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to agree with the OP. It's a sad farewell for a beloved character, but also an extremely emotional fourth wall break of an actress confronting her own mortality and baring her fears and emotions. I can't think of anything else like it. The Return really was something else.

Last edited:

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

For added context since some may not know:

The actor who portrayed Mr. Hooper had died the previous year and I think the plan was to either write him off or replace the actor but they had decided to use his death to help teach about death and grieving.

If I remember right, Big Bird's 'drawing' of Mr. Hooper hung in his shop for decades.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Coulson did that scene literally days before succumbing to cancer. That's a woman who knows she's about to die reprising a role 25 years later for one final goodbye before going off into the night.

But nah, it's this scene from Lost lol