• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
www.google.com

The agonizing story of Tara Reade

I started reporting on Tara Reade’s story a year ago. Here’s what I found, and where I’m stuck.

the mainstream media did reach out. Several journalists reached out and asked her to tell her full story and if anything further happened. She denied several times. Ghosted for almost a year. Then, she came back with claims far worse than what she had told them a year before and drastically inconsistent with what their own notes and recordings were from previous interviews.
Gee I wonder whether she might be generally avoiding the liberal media because its liberals that have been calling her a russian agent, sending her death threats etc, even back last year
Is there a way to watch this without supporting Kelly?
It is one video, just watch the damn thing, the amount of people on this forum who will actually watch this won't be that much so the views from here are barely going to contribute towards Megyn's pockets at all anyway

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
I think we've completely lost the plot if we're at the point where Megyn Kelly is presumed to be a better honest broker than...virtually any other media outlet, really.

Oct 26, 2017
Defending Megyn Kelly and handwaving away her racism is fucking disgusting. Full stop.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Nice try but this backpeddle ain't gonna work. You think Megyn Kelly has been "shunned" and "ignored" by mainstream media. You're the one who said it.

Now you're trying to save face by claiming you would have said or think something you didn't actually say. Your hood is off, man up and own it.
They didn't handwave away anything though. Nor did they defend Megyn Kelly.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
If someone can give the gist of the interview when they have the time, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'm interested but I can't do 40+ minutes right now.

I'll appreciate thoughts from those who do.
I understand you might not have the time now, but watching the interview, its clear to me people should watch it themselves rather than just read some bulletpoints about it, it might get people to finally treat her like an actual human being rather than an enemy combatant on here. Not likely but hopefully

Conmex

Banned
May 19, 2018
imagine throwing out all your moral convictions for an old racist and alleged rapist who has no chance of winning anyway.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
You don't have to discredit me or not believe me to vote for Joe Biden
Everyone should absolutely watch the interview the whole way through but just want to drop this quote from Tara herself since I know plenty won't watch it and I think people really need to get this through their heads since the behaviour in most of these threads has been disgusting

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Is there a transcript link? Mostly just seeking if there were more questions asked that would back consistency in the original harassment (not assault) claims.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the part where she's describing the assault and it's fucking heartbreaking. It makes me so much angrier at the people who keep trying to smear her.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
This is a little too revealing here. Some people aren't interested in hearing a sexual assault victim speak, they just want the words so they can start poking holes through them.
yep they know if they watched the interview and actually listened to her they might have to start treating her like an actual human being

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm also completely uninterested in the delivery, and only care about the words.
Odd way to respond to someone recounting their assault. It's an extremely emotional and difficult process, you can't get an adequate understanding of her pain without...seeing it.

Unless you just can't handle it because it'a triggering for your own trauma, which is totally understandable. Otherwise actually seeing her give her account is pretty important.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
This is a little too revealing here. Some people aren't interested in hearing a sexual assault victim speak, they just want the words so they can start poking holes through them.

I mean, if it's part of my own decision making/evidence evaluation process on this issue that's fine-I do have autonomy over what to believe. Disclaimer-my take on this all along (see post history if you want) is intellectual integrity-get as much truth as possible in a situation where absolute truths are going to be hard to come by and decide where to go from there.

I mean, If I start posting garbage about how X+Y if you look at Z in just the right way thirty years ago proves anything, yeah that's bad and terrible and I should be lit up for it.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
OK, where are they?

This is a consistent pattern-the thing exists, but never actually show thing. This is kind of understandable for records that are nearly three decades old, but this is emails from last year.

Harris' team took the claims seriously and couldn't find a record of what they are accused of. This is something that you should be able to dig out of gmail or Outlook in a ten minutes or less.
Finally found this again so figured I'd post it for visibility. Here is the response she got from trying to get in touch with Warren:

Isn't definitive proof that she got in touch with Harris but it would be a weird thing to actually reach out to Warren but lie about reaching out to Harris

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Finally found this again so figured I'd post it for visibility. Here is the response she got from trying to get in touch with Warren:

Isn't definitive proof that she got in touch with Harris but it would be a weird thing to actually reach out to Warren but lie about reaching out to Harris

This is super good to see-and I hadn't seen that. Thanks for sharing.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone can you put away your feelings on the blatantly racist woman who lead the charge in destroying our country and fed into the hate machine at fox for a minute, your one view doesnt matter so you should just suck it up and watch the interview, but also make sure to never compromise your morals and dont vote for a rapist no matter what.

Fuck megan Kelly who couldnt even hide her bullshit enough on daytime tv to wash away her racist fucking hate.

Even a cursory glance at her twitter will tell you all you need to know about her learning a lesson for all the shit she has enabled.

Edit: also because people like to auto report other who dont instantly tow the fuck biden line, I'm just going to say that I was molested as a child by an adult baby sitter for 2 years, so I'm pretty fucking tired of being told I dont have a seat at the table talking about sexual abuse and my opinion on this issue because I am a Male. I Believe that These allegations should be heard and investigated to the absolute ends of the earth. Also I can feel mixed about the evidence that has been presented.

I will read the transcript of this interview and like all things weigh all facts before making any judgment.

But I am a absolutely fucking tired of being told I'm some sympathizer by people who have no idea what I have lived through.

Last edited:

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Hey everyone can you put away your feelings on the blatantly racist woman who lead the charge in destroying our country and fed into the hate machine at fox for a minute, your one view doesnt matter so you should just suck it up and watch the interview, but also make sure to never compromise your morals and dont vote for a rapist no matter what.

Fuck megan Kelly who couldnt even hide her bullshit enough on daytime tv to wash away her racist fucking hate.

Even a cursory glance at her twitter will tell you all you need to know about her learning a lesson for all the shit she has enabled.
Are you actually comparing watching a fucking video to voting for a rapist? Like yeah Megyn is a fucking racist and a piece of shit but you're really telling me that watching an interview she has done because you want to hear what a rape victim has to say has the same emotional weight as having to decide whether to vote for a rapist or not because the other guy is also a rapist?

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you actually comparing watching a fucking video to voting for a rapist? Like yeah Megyn is a fucking racist and a piece of shit but you're really telling me that watching an interview she has done because you want to hear what a rape victim has to say has the same emotional weight as having to decide whether to vote for a rapist or not because the other guy is also a rapist?

I didnt tell anyone to not pay attention to it, but I do find it pretty fucking rich for people to tell others who may have had to deal with racial injustice that this woman has helped propagate to suck it up and just watch her because their one view count doesnt matter.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I didnt tell anyone to not pay attention to it, but I do find it pretty fucking rich for people to tell others who may have had to deal with racial injustice that this woman has helped propagate to suck it up and just watch her because their one view count doesnt matter.
The reason I bring up people's one view count is because people's expressed reasoning was literally specifically that they didn't want to boost her, which is also why I provided links to a version that doesn't give the youtube video views. Like if you really can't emotionally stand watching Megyn because you've experience racial prejudice and hate her views then sure I'm not going to force anybody but it is absolutely an important interview that would be best experienced by being viewed rather than read via a transcript so obviously I'm gonna prefer getting people to actually watch it for themselves.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The reason I bring up people's one view count is because people's expressed reasoning was literally specifically that they didn't want to boost her, which is also why I provided links to a version that doesn't give the youtube video views. Like if you really can't emotionally stand watching Megyn because you've experience racial prejudice and hate her views then sure I'm not going to force anybody but it is absolutely an important interview that would be best experienced by being viewed rather than read via a transcript so obviously I'm gonna prefer getting people to actually watch it for themselves.

I did not argue the importance of the interview one iota, but when people are bringing up their issues with a woman who has been so instrumental in the hate base in this country and then being told to shove it aside, I find it a bit hypocritical. I do appreciate the text of the interview but people are allowed to have a legitimate issue with giving megan Kelly a voice or boost her in any way the dont feel comfortable doing, without being criticized for it.

BetterOffEd

Oct 29, 2017

How is this in response to the assault allegations when Reade didnt make assault allegation until 2020?

I assume this is in response to harassment allegations, which Biden had addressed by then?

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I did not argue the importance of the interview one iota, but when people are bringing up their issues with a woman who has been so instrumental in the hate base in this country and then being told to shove it aside, I find it a bit hypocritical. I do appreciate the text of the interview but people are allowed to have a legitimate issue with giving megan Kelly a voice or boost her in any way the dont feel comfortable doing, without being criticized for it.
Look I'm not going to argue that you or anyone else, absolutely has to watch it, I think that people should as Tara's pain and trauma comes through very clearly in it in a way that might not be clear via text but I get that you don't want to give Megyn your views. But here is a link that won't contribute to her in anyway and you can still watch it if you are up for it

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you 100% here. Megyn Kelly defended blackface and insisted Santa is white. I really wish just about anyone else (outside of the Fox News orbit) had conducted this interview.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats just tarred and feathered Tara Reade and now they are shocked and appalled that she would choose to get interviewed by Megyn Kelly over some neoliberal mouthpiece. Disingenuous fucks.

Last edited:

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Democrats just tarred and feathered Tara Reade and now they are shocked and appalled that she would choose to get interviewed by Megan Kelly over some neoliberal mouthpiece. Disingenuous fucks.

She was supposed to be interviewed by Fox News Chris Wallace (who is legit..I know he works for Fox news but he's no Hannity), cancelled, and then went on Kelly instead.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

This looks like a form letter... I'm not sure how mail works for campaigns but this makes me wonder if there wasn't another better way to contact the campaign.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
She was supposed to be interviewed by Fox News Chris Wallace (who is legit..I know he works for Fox news but he's no Hannity), cancelled, and then went on Kelly instead.
I am sure people would be dismissing this interview if it had been on Fox too, let's not pretend otherwise.

That said it is also important to note that the producer of the MK interview is McHugh

WaPo said:
McHugh, the producer of Ronan Farrow's investigation of Weinstein at NBC, left the network along with Farrow after a dispute over their reporting with NBC News President Noah Oppenheim in 2017, prompting Farrow to publish it in the New Yorker, winning the Pulitzer Prize and helping to spark the #MeToo movement. Both Kelly and McHugh have reportedly cooperated in an investigation of alleged sexual harassment, gender discrimination and retaliation at NBC News by the New York attorney general's office.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
How is this in response to the assault allegations when Reade didnt make assault allegation until 2020?

I assume this is in response to harassment allegations, which Biden had addressed by then?
Agreed this doesn't really say anything about what she alleged to Warren's campaign.
She explicitly told Washington Post, AP, NYT, The Union and Vox last year that there was no sexual harassment, let alone sexual assault.

So I'd assume she wouldn't then tell Warren's campaign via email about rape, a month later.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
There has been a near constant tactic of trying to use the proof of the pre-assault allegations of harassment & poor working environment as proof of the later alleged assault.

I'm not buying it, and each attempt comes across as transparent and pointless, stop attempting to conflate the two and people may take you seriously.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed this doesn't really say anything about what she alleged to Warren's campaign.
She explicitly told Washington Post, AP, NYT, The Union and Vox last year that there was no sexual harassment, let alone sexual assault.

So I'd assume she wouldn't then tell Warren's campaign via email about rape, a month later.
That email is literally an auto reply. The tweet doesn't even have what was sent to the campaign. How do we know what the campaigns ignored without seeing the evidence of what they were told.

Deleted member 9237

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched it and I think it's hard not to believe her, but it's not going to sway the people who've already made up their minds

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Democrats just tarred and feathered Tara Reade and now they are shocked and appalled that she would choose to get interviewed by Megyn Kelly over some neoliberal mouthpiece. Disingenuous fucks.
Gee I wonder whether she might be generally avoiding the liberal media because its liberals that have been calling her a russian agent, sending her death threats etc, even back last year

I get that the conversation is heated, but this is absolutely conservative propoganda in action.

I remember when it was a joke that Trump referred to literally all non-fox media as "the liberal media". Now I see posters on this site who parrot this all the time. Let's not do the president's job for him.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
The language being used when discussing the stances of each party are really telling.

Kamala's team *confirmed* they didn't hear from her, instead of "kamala's team *claim* they didn't hear from her...".

Biden *confirmed* he didn't do it, instead of he *claims* he didn't do it. Why is it always concrete when in defense of Biden and when it's Reade it's merely a claim or allegation? If I stole something and the police claimed I did, me denying it isn't *confirmation* I didn't steal.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I get that the conversation is heated, but this is absolutely conservative propoganda in action.

I remember when it was a joke that Trump referred to literally all non-fox media as "the liberal media". Now I see posters on this site who parrot this all the time. Let's not do the president's job for him.
there are media outlets that are aimed towards liberals and whose reporters are mainly liberals themselves, that is reality not propoganda. now I'm sure we could have an argument about which specific media outlets are liberal focused and which aren't but surely you aren't really denying that this is a thing that exists just because Trump has used the phrase disingenously right?
The language being used when discussing the stances of each party are really telling.

Kamala's team *confirmed* they didn't hear from her, instead of "kamala's team *claim* they didn't hear from her...".

Biden *confirmed* he didn't do it, instead of he *claims* he didn't do it. Why is it always concrete when in defense of Biden and when it's Reade it's merely a claim or allegation? If I stole something and the police claimed I did, me denying it isn't *confirmation* I didn't steal.
Yeah weird how Tara has to have evidence for absolutely everything she says for people to even consider it sorta maybe kinda credible but Biden,his staff, Kamala's staff can just say whatever and people automatically take it as the definitive truth

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

Yup, you can pick up a lot from the language people are using. What's lurking under the surface isn't pretty.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should absolutely watch the interview the whole way through but just want to drop this quote from Tara herself since I know plenty won't watch it and I think people really need to get this through their heads since the behaviour in most of these threads has been disgusting
People should pay more attention to this post. The victim herself is saying you can vote for him without dismissing her. Believe victims. Then do what you're able to do that still supports that instance.

I'll quote her again for more visibility.

Tara Reade said:
You don't have to discredit me or not believe me to vote for Joe Biden.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol you actually think you're one view will "boost" her? Shes not a fucking youtuber she's super famous. But here:
Doesnt really make that much sense to apply that logic in a thread/situation that's become all about personal convictions.

You don't have to discredit me or not believe me to vote for Joe Biden

That's seems noteworthy all by itself.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
The opposite is also true, you can choose not to believe her despite and seperate of any voting intention.

Not every case of choosing to not believe her is just a voting justification.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
The opposite is also true, you can choose not to believe her despite and seperate of any voting intention.

Not every case of choosing to not believe her is just a voting justification.
It does however require you to believe her to be a liar which is a pretty fucking big claim to be making

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart

Indeed. People haven't been calling Biden "an alleged rapist", they've been calling him "a rapist" and even a "pedophile", although the latter now seems to result in a ban. "The liberal media" used to be a phrase used exclusively by conservatives as a way to dismiss any media they didn't like, but now it's being used her on era (right in this thread in fact) by people I would assume would not label themselves as "conservative". Even just "liberal" is now used as a criticism by "leftists", a division that is lost on me as "liberal" doesn't have the same connotations here is Australia as it does in the US.

It does however require you to believe her to be a liar which is a pretty fucking big claim to be making

The opposite is also true, "Biden is a liar and a rapist" is a "pretty fucking big claim to be making".