• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The full Megan Kelly interview is up. (42 minutes!)

Alternate video link

New news, new thread.

Watching it now.

Also getting out ahead of this.

Official Staff Communication
This is a thread about sexual assault allegations, not the primary as a whole. This isn't a place to discuss why a particular candidate did or did not do well in the primary, but to discuss the allegations and any potential ramifications they might have. Please do not derail the thread with general discussion or trolling

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
The fact this has to happen on Fox because of how pathetically relentless the liberal media have been supporting Biden despite the massive hypocrisy of it given Reade has more evidence behind her case than Blase Ford sucks just like liberal media just using Ford for political points sucks. It just feels like nobody in media cares about survivors unless there's political gain.

Reade comes across as genuine and Megan does a good job of pretending to be a human and a reporter. The whole thing comes across as far more insightful than Joe saying "I don't even remember her" and the lack of support Reade's had (along with people trying to demonise anybody who does try to help her even if it's just a reports pointing out another journalist will try to snipe her and then it's proven to be the case) is heart breaking.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The fact this has to happen on Fox because of how pathetically relentless the liberal media have been supporting Biden despite the massive hypocrisy of it given Reade has more evidence behind her case than Blase Ford sucks just like liberal media just using Ford for political points sucks. It just feels like nobody in media cares about survivors unless there's political gain.

Reade comes across as genuine and Megan does a good job of pretending to be a human and a reporter. The whole thing comes across as far more insightful than Joe saying "I don't even remember her" and the lack of support Reade's had (along with people trying to demonise anybody who does try to help her even if it's just a reports pointing out another journalist will try to snipe her and then it's proven to be the case) is heart breaking.
This isn't on Fox.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
If someone can give the gist of the interview when they have the time, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

I'm sorry, I assumed it was on Fox because of Megan Kelly. Would you like to try and argue Megan's are far more/less reliable journalist than anybody on Fox or would you like to continue to distract from the content in the video over something that's utterly meaningless because you know my point was it's pathetic that the right wing have to be the ones covering this because the liberal media wont?

Do you have anything at all to add to this topic about the video itself or did you only want to comment about that correction that ultimately wasn't really anything beyond pedantry when it's a 42 minute video about a horrific rape allegation?

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
I'm sorry, I assumed it was because of Megan Kelly. Would you like to try and argue Megan's are far more/less reliable journalist than anybody on Fox or would you like to continue to distract from the content on the video over something that's utterly meaningless because you know my point was it's sad that the right wing have to be the ones covering this because the liberal media wont?

Do you have anything at all to add to this topic about the video itself or did you only want to comment about that correction?
I apologise for the derail, but you realize you are quite hypocritical here considering the content of your first post, right?

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm sorry, I assumed it was because of Megan Kelly. Would you like to try and argue Megan's are far more/less reliable journalist than anybody on Fox or would you like to continue to distract from the content on the video over something that's utterly meaningless because you know my point was it's sad that the right wing have to be the ones covering this because the liberal media wont?

Do you have anything at all to add to this topic about the video itself or did you only want to comment about that correction?
Reade canceled an interview with CNN, and turned down requests from at least CBS, MSNBC, and NBC.

Your entire argument is based on a falsehood, and you are being an ass about it.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Reade canceled an interview with CNN, and turned down requests from at least CBS, MSNBC, and NBC.

Your entire argument is based on a falsehood, and you are being an ass about it.

Gee, I wonder why she might be sceptical of those outlets? I I thought I made it clear as to why Reade would be sceptical of liberal media and why she wouldn't feel like she could go to them?

I'm going to stop now because the focus should be on the content of the interview, which nobody seemed to give a shit about for 2 hours.

Last edited:

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, I assumed it was on Fox because of Megan Kelly. Would you like to try and argue Megan's are far more/less reliable journalist than anybody on Fox or would you like to continue to distract from the content in the video over something that's utterly meaningless because you know my point was it's pathetic that the right wing have to be the ones covering this because the liberal media wont?

Do you have anything at all to add to this topic about the video itself or did you only want to comment about that correction that ultimately wasn't really anything beyond pedantry when it's a 42 minute video about a horrific rape allegation?

You might wanna step for a bit, you're sounding pretty defensive for someone who wrote a wall of rant based on a false assumption.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to get a lot of shit for this, but why is Era giving a platform to Megyn Kelly?

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
A Friday night released youtube interview with Megyn Kelly? Reade might need to look for different representation if this was her new lawyers decision

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Im not familiar with MK after NBC let her go. Is she solo now, and are the interviews she does part of a YouTube channel or is she affiliated with a different network? I find it hard to take her seriously, but it's easy to ignore her in this case and simply focus on Reade's story. Has she said why she won't go to CNN for an interview? They've been covering her story lately pretty well, and have an opinion piece on their front page right now saying Taras story needs to be investigated. Yes, the opinion is from a Trumper with obvious motives, but she's not wrong.

Jun 6, 2019
Still watching, but holy crap is the lighting on Mygyn Kylly ridiculous. She is completely blown out. Like a bad Instagram filter.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
She repeatedly mentions outreach to Kamala Harris' staff in particular the interview, and that she got no response from her office and team.

Harris' advisors confirmed today have no record of this outreach or contact, and said that they would have taken the allegations seriously.

This is an area where there's not really an ambiguous haze of time and record over it like so much of the rest of the harassment allegations. Harris' staff reviewed and responded.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
She repeatedly mentions outreach to Kamala Harris' staff in particular the interview, and that she got no response from her office and team.

Harris' advisors confirmed today have no record of this outreach or contact, and said that they would have taken the allegations seriously.

This is an area where there's not really an ambiguous haze of time and record over it like so much of the rest of the harassment allegations. Harris' staff reviewed and responded.
I haven't been able to watch this yet but IIRC Reade said she has emails to back up her outreach to the various outlets. I don't remember if that includes Harris specifically, but I would guess it does.

Last edited:

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
Gee, I wonder why she might be sceptical of those outlets? I I thought I made it clear as to why Reade would be sceptical of liberal media and why she wouldn't feel like she could go to them?

I'm going to stop now because the focus should be on the content of the interview, which nobody seemed to give a shit about for 2 hours.

It seems that you're coming from a genuine place from your original post. You had a few wrong assumption, and a few posters corrected you. You don't need to be defensive about being wrong.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I haven't been able to watch this yet but IIRC Reade said she has emails to back up here outreach to the various outlets. I don't remember if that includes Harris specifically, but I would guess it does.

OK, where are they?

This is a consistent pattern-the thing exists, but never actually show thing. This is kind of understandable for records that are nearly three decades old, but this is emails from last year.

Harris' team took the claims seriously and couldn't find a record of what they are accused of. This is something that you should be able to dig out of gmail or Outlook in a ten minutes or less.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that really comes across for me about Tara in this interview is how steadfast and courageous she is in the face of tough and direct questions that include the more common criticism of her.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Imagine trying to give Megan Kelly props lmao

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It seems that you're coming from a genuine place from your original post. You had a few wrong assumption, and a few posters corrected you. You don't need to be defensive about being wrong.

I already acknowledged I was wrong. In my first post I said she was with Fox, it was a pretty easy mistake to make given Megan was a right wing fox nut, I made a superficially incorrect statement when my stance was it's sad she had to go to a right wing nut.

My point outside of my former Fox reporter mistake is it was sad she felt she had to go to a right wing interviewer because of how awfully liberals have responded to her including them feeding Russia conspiracy's and pushing doubt of her case when it's more well supported than Blase Ford's..

Tara sincerely talked about her rape in length, talked about how it made her feel and this is the thread we get. The lease significant aspect of my first post is apparently more meaningful than any of it.

I literally have people saying I'm giving Megan props when I started off saying it was pathetic that Tara felt she had to go to a ghoul like Megan.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I already acknowledged I was wrong. In my first post I said she was with Fox, it was a pretty easy mistake to make given Megan was a right wing fox nut, I made a superficially incorrect statement when my stance was it's sad she had to go to a right wing nut.

Your stance was wrong though. It wasn't just about the Fox News part. The basis of your argument is wrong.

Tara sincerely talked about her rape in length, talked about how it made her feel and this is the thread we get.

You are the one who derailed the thread. And when called out, you doubled down.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Your stance was wrong though. It wasn't just about the Fox News part. The basis of your argument is wrong.

You are the one who derailed the thread. And when called out, you doubled down.

I didn't derail a thread that nobody responded to. I literally made a post saying it sucked she felt she had to go to the right but she sounded sincere.

Also the basis of my argument isn't wrong. Fucking tell me how the liberal media have treated Tara in the same way they treated Christine. The handling of rape is 100% partisan in US liberal media.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't derail a thread that nobody responded to. I literally made a post saying it sucked she felt she had to go to the right but she sounded sincere.

Also the basis of my argument isn't wrong. Fucking tell me how the liberal media have treated Tara in the same way they treated Christine. The handling of rape is 100% partisan in US liberal media.
You're derailing it now by not talking about the actual content of the video. As is everybody else that is doing the same thing.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
She's very believable. Unfortunately I think the DNC are too far gone now to even consider running someone other than Joe. Not looking forward to voting for him, but I have to since I'm in a vital swing state.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

You are trying to have you cake and eat it too. Blaming msnbc and cnn for her choosing to go to Megan when they invited her and she declined. it is not a strong argument.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Someone gotta be lying here, and as you pointed out it's modern day. Someone would have email receipts with datetime stamps.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You are trying to have you cake and eat it too. Blaming msnbc and cnn for her choosing to go to Megan when they invited her and she declined. it is not a strong argument.

Compare how msnbc and cnn treated her up to this point next to Ford. That was my only point. That was why I made my initial post saying it was fucked up that she had to go to 'Fox' when I literally meant any right wing interviewer. Because her story's supported by even more evidence than Ford's but she has to go to the right for an interview that won't target her and people will still post batshit conspiracy's about her in spite of what's most likely the truth.

But sph3re was right, this thread shouldn't be about me and my takes. It should be about the interview and I continue to suck for detracting from that.

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
As a black person, Megan Kelly is trash to me. I don't see how this can help Ms Reade at all.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching, I believe her.

And I agreed with her sentiment towards Biden stepping down. It's what she wants to happen, but knows won't. It's all fucked

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing racism over multiple posts and pattern of the same behavior; account in junior phase

Tara Reade and Megyn Kelly are victims of sexual assault/harassment and outcasts who have been shunned/ignored by mainstream media. It's easy to understand why one would feel kinship with the other.

It's also worth noting that Tara Reade turned down Fox News interview with Sean Hannity.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'm gonna have to sleep on what Tara Reade said in the interview. Probably multiple nights. Megyn Kelly was pointed when it suited her or sloppy when it better suited her, and Rich McHugh sucks for producing this exclusive get while - nasty suspicion - having a big hand in turning down CNN and the other major networks. The question on the harassment complaint and the partisan framing were especially egregious.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tara Reade and Megyn Kelly are victims of sexual assault/harassment and outcasts who have been shunned/ignored by mainstream media. It's easy to understand why one would feel kinship with the other.

It's also worth noting that Tara Reade turned down Fox News interview with Sean Hannity.

The alternative take is that MK has been shunned by mainstream liberal media because she sucks.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

Megyn Kelly has been shunned/ignored because she's a fucking hack racist who peddled right wing talking points for a decade

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Megan Kelly got a massive contract from NBC. She is shunned because her ratings were garbage.

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm well aware of why Megyn Kelly is in media purgatory. Should I have qualified my initial post by calling her a piece of shit racist?

Either way, my point still stands.

Tara Reade owes MSM nothing.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm well aware of why Megyn Kelly is in media purgatory. Should I have qualified my initial post by calling her a piece of shit racist?

www.google.com

The agonizing story of Tara Reade

I started reporting on Tara Reade’s story a year ago. Here’s what I found, and where I’m stuck.

the mainstream media did reach out. Several journalists reached out and asked her to tell her full story and if anything further happened. She denied several times. Ghosted for almost a year. Then, she came back with claims far worse than what she had told them a year before and drastically inconsistent with what their own notes and recordings were from previous interviews.

Oct 27, 2017

Defending Megyn Kelly and handwaving away her racism is fucking disgusting. Full stop.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Nice try but this backpeddle ain't gonna work. You think Megyn Kelly has been "shunned" and "ignored" by mainstream media. You're the one who said it.

Now you're trying to save face by claiming you would have said or think something you didn't actually say. Your hood is off, man up and own it.

You can't even get your basic facts right. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS all reached out to Ms. Reade. She was the one who ignored their offers. But continue painting them as evil.

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.google.com

The agonizing story of Tara Reade

I started reporting on Tara Reade’s story a year ago. Here’s what I found, and where I’m stuck.

the mainstream media did reach out. Several journalists reached out and asked her to tell her full story and if anything further happened. She denied several times. Ghosted for almost a year. Then, she came back with claims far worse than what she had told them a year before and drastically inconsistent with what their own notes and recordings were from previous interviews.

Wow. A victim of sexual assault experiencing conflicting emotions and living in a constant state of fear and confusion? This is a shocking development. Tell me more.

You know what? Don't tell me more. I'm good. Your position on this topic is crystal clear (along with the majority of posters who just want it to go away)!

If you want to bury your head in the sand regarding MSM's delay in acknowledging Reade's story, that's your business.

I do not blame Tara Reade for feeling uncomfortable with CNN, MSNBC, etc. These outlets have controlled the narrative since day one. Let Reade have her turn. She deserves it.

Did you even watch the interview?

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Defending Megyn Kelly and handwaving away her racism is fucking disgusting. Full stop.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Nice try but this backpeddle ain't gonna work. You think Megyn Kelly has been "shunned" and "ignored" by mainstream media. You're the one who said it.

Now you're trying to save face by claiming you would have said or think something you didn't actually say. Your hood is off, man up and own it.

You can't even get your basic facts right. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS all reached out to Ms. Reade. She was the one who ignored their offers. But continue painting them as evil.

You are out of your fucking mind. This is a reach of galactic proportions.

I have never defended Megyn Kelly, Fox News, or any of their ilk. I welcome a thorough vetting of my posting history.

Look, I get it. You are married to the Joe Biden campaign. You have made this clear in each and every thread regarding Joe Biden and his proclivity for sticking his hands in human cookie jars. It doesn't matter to you. You don't care.

But, know this:

No amount of bullying and dogpiling is going to make this go away. The evidentiary pile continues to rise and your melodramatic voice will fall in the same place it does now.

On deaf ears.

Oct 25, 2017
That was a difficult watch, but I'd recommend that anyone who still has questions or who is on the fence emotionally here to watch this regardless of your feelings on the interviewer and their platform. It's one thing to sort of intellectually know about this person, what they claim to have gone through, and what that means when you extrapolate, but it's an entirely different beast when you're able to sit down and just listen. As usual, believe women, believe victims, and fuck Joe Biden.