• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we save these in the demo for the real game? I'd love to just get miis and prepare for launch day to have the craziest day 1 experience

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Will I randomly get people's weird Miis, or do I have to specifically enter codes to get them? Like, if I don't enter a code to download zany Miis will I be stuck with generic ones?

Oct 28, 2017
Will I randomly get people's weird Miis, or do I have to specifically enter codes to get them? Like, if I don't enter a code to download zany Miis will I be stuck with generic ones?
The game will never automatically assign a random user-created Mii. Miitopia has safe & generic Nintendo created defaults for every non-party member character, you have to go slightly out of your way to get other people's customized Miis in your game.

ETA: There is one post-game exception where the game will fill from downloadable popular Miis, however the game treats these Miis as disposable and there will be new ones every day. Also, I'm not sure how this will be handled with the playerbase divide between people who have NSO and people who do not. Switch version handling of this area is currently unknown.

^ this and also how many miis do we need for the "full cast"

For full cast, that's impossible to know since we don't know how much additional content has been added. If I recall correctly, probably about 50? Plus however many Miis you want for party members (up to 99 if it is the same as 3DS version).

Last edited:

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I said I wouldn't double dip on this game, but seeing these new Miis is shaking my resolve. It makes me want to download the demo and stock up on creative Miis on my system.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Played the 3DS demo a while back...Can anyone confirm if this one has online multiplayer?

OP
OP
JangleLuke

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Played the 3DS demo a while back...Can anyone confirm if this one has online multiplayer?
It does not have multiplayer, it's a single-player turn-based RPG with a social aspect via the roles you can assign to Miis.

Also it's not a "classic" RPG, but if anyone is not sure, they can play the Demo and find out if they like it.

Also, while I'm at it:

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
These... are impressive. I've got my eye on this now. I'll prob download the demo when I get home.

I hear the actual game is pretty good, yeah? Can anyone attest to that?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why, but this makes me mad for some reason. Like, it took this long? My 3DS copy feels like cheap garbage. Every Mii application up to this point feels like cheap garbage. Where's Tomodachi Life for Switch?

Oh snap, this is giving me extreme nostalgia vibes for Modnation racers....man, I miss those days.

Gonna have to look into this demo today.
All I can think about is Modnation Racers when looking at this and how much that magnificent game got neglected.

Huh, apparently there are amiibo unlock costumes too. Reminds me of Mario Maker 1.

They were in the 3DS version via amiibo too.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
It'd be cool if the functionality of this game's Mii creator overlapped onto the Switch OS.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
For full cast, that's impossible to know since we don't know how much additional content has been added. If I recall correctly, probably about 50? Plus however many Miis you want for party members (up to 99 if it is the same as 3DS version).

Oh damn, 50? I thought it would have been the core cast of 4 + the villian or something.

Are there 50 relevant supporting characters or is it like..you can customize the innkeeper and shop owners too?

Also side bar

Is the villain presented as evil or is it cutesy because players might pick their friends? Because I want to make my villain Trump, but if it presents him not really as a villain than I wont do that lol

OP
OP
JangleLuke

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Oh damn, 50? I thought it would have been the core cast of 4 + the villian or something.

Are there 50 relevant supporting characters or is it like..you can customize the innkeeper and shop owners too?

Also side bar

Is the villain presented as evil or is it cutesy because players might pick their friends? Because I want to make my villain Trump, but if it presents him not really as a villain than I wont do that lol
The 50 slots are both miscellaneous and recurring side characters, plus an additional 10 party members for the main game, which is raised to 99 in post-game.
the villain gets kinda redeemed by the end of the game, so I'm confident your choice won't age well later

Oct 28, 2017

Also side bar

You can put a face on almost everyone in the game, every town has roughly 10 people that you can customize (the first area has two "towns") and there's also a few supporting cast members who pop up here and there, like the Amiibo Fan.

You'll actually be prompted to customize 8 townsfolk, 4 guards, the 5 reoccurring supporting NPCs, the Dark Lord, the Great Sage, 4 party members, and a horse during the demo. Since that's the beginning of the game it is a little heavier on introducing characters.

Party member related spoilers:
You need your own Mii + 9 total party members to complete the game plus there are a couple of NPC companions here and there - such as the Horse.

Main storyline character spoilers (Dark Lord):
Trump is one of the available "popular" choices available to download for the Dark Lord cast member, so you're not alone in that. I don't really want to influence your choice in this matter but I personally have more fun when I go completely silly with the cast rather than trying to base things off of actual humans or celebrities.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
It's cool but if the Mii are only usable in this game it doesn't have much value to me. If it let you use them in Smash for example I would pick it up in a heartbeat though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I can finally go on the adventure with Handsome Squidward I was destined to take. Thanks to those posting access codes!

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
All these Miis are making me want to buy the game. I won't be able to make anything this creative though.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
...Wow. I made a ton of celebrity Miis back in the day that got some circulation, but I had no idea Miitopia had new tools like these. It's almost too much; the fun back when Wii came out was in making recognizable figures within the limitations of the editor. Seems like now you can make just about anything. But I'll give it a whirl.

Anyway, my code if anyone wants it, though so far I've only put in some of my old Miis, is: 58R6LD0

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Many of these are just a joy to watch. Things will turn dark eventually so hopefully Ninty's moderators are ready with the ban hammers...

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
f40.gif

Time for whoever made Princess Hank Hill on the 3DS game to do an update.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man this really needs to become the standard baseline for everything Mii related.
Adding Switch Sports (Resort) and Tomodachi 3 on the schedule for next year and we are golden.