• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm into it. Seems kind of like a more family-friendly Cobra Kai. Plus I'm a huge fan of D1 and D2. Get your alien duck shit outta here.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
The fact that Reilly becomes the coach of the Ducks is amazing.

hockey-leveling-up.gif

Can't wait for the Shoresy cameo as the referee.

WarmRashCockerspaniel-max-1mb.gif

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I laughed out loud at "I would not be an asset, physically — I have more of a podcast body."

Letterkenney hockey dude being in this might make me want to watch. The two hockey Bros in it were hilarious.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Gordo feels no sense of accomplishment after everything he did for the original Ducks.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Not terribly into the old movies, but its got both Lorelai and Reilly in there, so I might have to give it a shot...

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Sandos!

I'm not usually into nostalgic reboots, but I'm going to watch the hell out of this. Lauren Graham is the best fictional single mom.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
how can you dislike Lorelai from Gilmore girls she's the cool mom.
I mean, she doesn't know what she's doing. Which on the one hand is the point: she's trying so hard even though she's completely out of her depth. But on the other hand: she's yelling at the ref when she doesn't even know the rules of the darn game. Like, c'mon.

She's gonna be one of those characters with a lot of cringe moments. Well-intentioned but intense secondhand embarrassment.

Still, looks like a fun show, and definitely nice to see Bombay back and depressed and needing to be dragged back into action, again. That'll be a fun time, hopefully with some satisfying backstory reveals to look forward to.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
how can you dislike Lorelai from Gilmore girls she's the cool mom.

I hope there is a non stupid reason to why Bombay is not a successful lawyer anymore, and why he hates hockey after letting the og ducks to a new coach. Charlie would of been a better coach in this

My theory is that one of his players betrayed him and took off with a handful of his students...

NM, wrong franchise

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The Ducks are the villains? Oh.
Emilio Estevez really looking like his dad now.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm in. Weird that the Ducks are the big asshole organization now though.

Honesty I can see it. Even tracing back to D2, you could get the sense of it with Bombay starting to buy into his own hype with the Team USA stuff.

If he got removed from the picture, which this trailer seems to imply, you can see how the team eventually evolved into the thing they were supposed to be the antithesis to.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honesty I can see it. Even tracing back to D2, you could get the sense of it with Bombay starting to buy into his own hype with the Team USA stuff.

If he got removed from the picture, which this trailer seems to imply, you can see how the team eventually evolved into the thing they were supposed to be the antithesis to.

Yeah, it makes total sense , and I'm sure they'll justify it. I'm just so used to them being the ra ra good guys.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
I hope they bring back Kenan with the knuckle puck

On a side note, it seemed like complete BS that Team USA could bring in some random new player off the street like that and no team complained about it

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they bring back Kenan with the knuckle puck

On a side note, it seemed like complete BS that Team USA could bring in some random new player off the street like that and no team complained about it
Or that during the final game, he was allowed to stand in as the goalie without telling the refs or the other team. Ducks were international cheaters.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yeah, it makes total sense , and I'm sure they'll justify it. I'm just so used to them being the ra ra good guys.

I think it softens the blow that none of the main characters from the feel have had a heel turn through this.

Though what's the Over/Under on the Cake Eater being involved with the new corrupt Ducks? lol

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any rumors about the original cast have cameos?

Also give me that Sandlot sequel show too