• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
into this big time, will probably end up chasing a physical. Cheers.

was wondering if you happened to catch the latest Yellow Eyes spinoff. This is really more of a metal-adjacent, post-punk thing but it's some of the best stuff they ever did IMO.

View: https://youtu.be/a7UrIjHZOro

Oh, I remember when they put out a song and I dug it a lot but then forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! I'm gonna snag it and give it a listen today

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Went to open air metal gig yesterday. Managed to caught end of Blood Incantation set (pretty good), all Cattle Decapitation (fun band), Kreator (as long term fan they cannot disappoint and they delivered with full force, even with short setlist) and Lamb of God (not my cup of tea and I was not the only one who left early).

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It shouldn't come as a surprise but The Halo Effects full album just released and it's absolutely fantastic. Pretty much right up my alley as someone who grew up with a bunch of different Gothenburg bands.

View: https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kRRJgo1k6k3nSebQjlHodHTVrwr7Iota4&feature=share
In Flames not bad. The "Joey was right" like is kinda goofy imo.
Yeah it definitely is lol. Still a cool song though.

Still find it weird they haven't even officially announced the new album yet. Not a release date, name, nothing.
Wonder if it just that they want to distance it from the release of Days Of The Lost.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
This Chat Pile album is the most devastating thing I've heard... maybe ever. I had to go take a walk around the block after it was over. This song especially is just the most blunt, desperate cry for unhoused people I've ever heard. Music wise, I'd say they are a combo of Big Black, Jesus Lizard, and Godflesh with some extra sludge in there for good measure. Highly recommended

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sER0FzJO-c0

This is incredible. Cheers for bringing it to my attention.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The Flenser is one of my favorite labels so I was excited when I found out they were releasing Chat Pile's first proper LP. It's definitely one of my favorite albums of the year so far and seems to be receiving widespread acclaim – they're already taking orders for the fourth pressing!

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
blabbermouth.net

GRIM REAPER Singer STEVE GRIMMETT Dead At 62

GRIM REAPER singer Steve Grimmett has died at the age of 62. Steve's passing was confirmed by his brother Mark Grimmett, who wrote on social media: "I don't really know where to start so I guess I will just come right out with it. It is with great sadness and a very heavy heart that I have to...
RIP

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Went to see Cattle Decap last night with Celestial Sanctuary and Cryptic Shift.

Started super early so only caught half of CS. Cryptic Shift did a full space prog set. Twas cool.
Cattle were awesome but they only played for 50 mins with no encore. The EU tour is mostly festivals so it's understandable but a bit hohum. They were onstage at 9pm so I got home by midnight. A very nice change that's thankfuly going to continue with a BM two dayer at the start of Sept that ends at 9.40pm and 9pm. #OldFartSuccess

Cattle were charging Thirty Fucking Quid for a tour shirt. Fuck those bigoted cunts that voted for brexit.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know when the hell they became blackgaze or whatever, but Asu no Jokei is cool. I saw them live a few years ago and it seemed like a standard emo/hardcore affair.

Jan 11, 2019
Dear All - I just came home from this year's Brutal Aussault Festival in Czechia and would like to share with you my absolute hits!

Blood Incantation - These space death metal trippers need no introduction. Lemme just say they killed it with riffs and atmospherics.
AHAB - The nautical funeral doom pioneers from Germany continue to impress. It also rained during the concert - which was perfect.
Imperial Triumphant - A glorious cacophony and one of the most impressive live performances I've seen in a long time. They absolutely deliver live.
Panzerfaust - I was not prepared for this absolute onslaught of amp worshipping doomdeathboomboom. A stellar rituaistic death rave it was.
1914 - This being an Ukranian war-themed band this concert was not fun. But it was very good.
Sigh - Dear Era, please listen to Sigh. This japanese black avant-garde weirdo troupe is just so, so gud.
Dool - Man, what a hard rokken band this ist. phew.

And more, but this is from the top of my head. :)

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Really need to do Brutal Assault and/or Obscure Extreme one of these days. Always put off doing MetalCamp/MetalDays and now they have to move due to a road being built through the old location.

Booked refundable accommodation for Beyond the Gates next year, just waiting to see what the lineup is before I snag a ticket.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Always put off doing MetalCamp/MetalDays and now they have to move due to a road being built through the old location.
Road construction is just one of the problems, Tolmin municipality made some strange calls about Sotočje area in general (where the festivals are held). So only smaller festivals will be possible, this means max 5000 people on each day and only in one month window (july). Looks like somebody doesn't want money from festivals anymore....

Festival will be, according to rumors, moved to the south of the country. Probably somewhere near river Kolpa. But there is also a chance that festival stays in Soča valley.

Jan 11, 2019
Really need to do Brutal Assault and/or Obscure Extreme one of these days. Always put off doing MetalCamp/MetalDays and now they have to move due to a road being built through the old location.

Booked refundable accommodation for Beyond the Gates next year, just waiting to see what the lineup is before I snag a ticket.
BA is such a good Festival. I cannot recommend it enough!

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Road construction is just one of the problems, Tolmin municipality made some strange calls about Sotočje area in general (where the festivals are held). So only smaller festivals will be possible, this means max 5000 people on each day and only in one month window (july). Looks like somebody doesn't want money from festivals anymore....

Festival will be, according to rumors, moved to the south of the country. Probably somewhere near river Kolpa. But there is also a chance that festival stays in Soča valley.
Ahh, I'd only heard about the road, sounds quite NIMBYish. Hopefully they land in an equally beautiful location.

BA is such a good Festival. I cannot recommend it enough!
Only heard good thing about the fest itself. Only negative was needing to camp in the vip section if you didn't want dodgy buggers pinching things.

Jan 11, 2019
Ahh, I'd only heard about the road, sounds quite NIMBYish. Hopefully they land in an equally beautiful location.

Only heard good thing about the fest itself. Only negative was needing to camp in the vip section if you didn't want dodgy buggers pinching things.
Indeed, but the VIP camping is not very costly and I would recommend it anyway, since there is very little room to camp anywhere outside the VIP zones.

Nachtmaer

Oct 27, 2017
New Conan is finally out and it expectedly hits like [insert flowery description of something big, slow and heavy].

View: https://conan-conan.bandcamp.com/album/evidence-of-immortality

Had a single of Blackbraid randomly show up on YouTube some time ago and was pleasantly surprised. First album will be out soon. Native American black metal.

View: https://blackbraid.bandcamp.com/album/blackbraid-i

Also shoutouts to the Chat Pile mention. Finally got around to giving it a proper listen and it's fucked up for all the right reasons.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Footage of this year's Obscene Extreme:

youtu.be

GREEN JELLY LIVE at ICP'S JUGGALO GATHERING 2022 3 LITTLE PIGS

Repliconradio.com https://linktr.ee/Repliconradio Tune in live 6-10pm central every Monday night For exclusive interviews and more Join our brand new Patreon...
dance44sok.gif

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. Not that they sound exactly the same, but it's giving me the same kind of vibes I got when Slaughter of the Soul was first released.

High praise, glad you dig it! I was going to make the easy comparison to Black Dahlia Murder with some Light This City, but definitely see the ATG riffage. Also the production is perfect, love that guitar tone crunch.

Last edited:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
The headliners aren't that appealing to me... but so many good bands overall, I don't know yet 😭

That reminds me, we didn't even meet up last time boooooo

My grandma ended up getting sick two days before and passing away so I cancelled my flight and was able to get my money back.

Am I crazy or is this year more expensive overall? I think I snagged everything for under $100 lastvyear.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
My grandma ended up getting sick two days before and passing away so I cancelled my flight and was able to get my money back.

Am I crazy or is this year more expensive overall? I think I snagged everything for under $100 lastvyear.
Oh my god I'm so sorry 😢 I had no idea. My condolences.

For the prices I'm not sure, I didn't buy a ticket yet...

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Saw At The Gates tonight, great show, great pits. Was close to not going, but would've regretted not seeing the full Slaughter of the Soul album played.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I bought them 😩 not sure if I'll go and might resell them later I guess...

And yes they were WAY more expensive, jesus. They better invest all of that money into more food trucks...

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
It's not exactly metal, but if anyone is in the mood for some dark, witchy music, I've a spare Bandcamp code for the album Realms by Darkher.

Give it a listen: https://darkher-uk.bandcamp.com/album/realms
If you want the download, first to respond with recommendation for recent favourite Bandcamp album can have it.

I like me some Darkher sometime.

Don't know if you like this kind of music but here's my last Bandcamp purchase: RABM / melodic black metal with lyrics about the Spanish civil war. I think some in here should enjoy this.

View: https://etxegina.bandcamp.com/album/herederos-del-silencio

Etxegiña - Herederos del Silencio

Last edited: