• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be heading out to ProgPower tomorrow. Even though this isn't the best lineup, due to cancellations and VISA bullshit over the past couple of years, it should still be a good time.

Looking forward to Flotsam & Jetsam, Hypocrisy, Wilderun, Seven Spires, Pain of Salvation, Stratovarius, Aether Realm, Arion, Ray Alder, and Ihsahn. I'm sure a lot of the other bands that I'm not as familiar with will surprise as well.

F&J are very good live, play really tight.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone is in Europe and likes death metal/goregrind, Miasmatic Necrosis (NYC, MD) are touring there for the first time with Septage (Denmark) starting later this week. They're two of the best bands going.

youtu.be

MIASMATIC NECROSIS live at Saint Vitus Bar, Nov. 3rd, 2021 (FULL SET)

Max Volume Silencehttps://www.facebook.com/MVSLive/https://www.instagram.com/mvslive

06/03 – Copenhagen, Denmark (Unearthed Morbidity)
06/04 – Weimar, Germany
06/05 – Freiburg, Germany
06/06 – Warsaw, Poland
06/07 – Kosice, Slovakia
06/08 – Prague, Czech Republic
06/09 – Wolfsburg, Germany

Oct 27, 2017

The percentage of Eastern European/Russian bands with maybe only a single release from 30 years ago that have professional music videos continues to astound me.

Oct 27, 2017
For better or worse I'm pretty isolated from the US collectible scene, but I was made aware of the pre-order that just went up for a Slayer Minotaur figure:

9b9c1253-b5e9-42d7-8032-10015992b383.jpg

Which is pretty cool, but finding out the same company did one for a Mercyful Fate-era King Diamond pushed me over the edge and I'm $100 in the hole.

4Dave-2-1080.jpg

Now I'm looking at these stupid Knucklebonz 3D vinyl printings of metal album covers. My tiny Japanese apartment absolutely does not have the room for this.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Almost a year since we lost Mike Howe to suicide. I lost my friend last year and my Grandma died a day before I was flying out to Texas for Hells Heroes, and I canceled my trip to be with my family. This year has been hard for me to deal with and Metal Chuch has been a comfort during the hard days. I wish Mike was able to find whatever peace he was seeking, and only knew how much people appreciated his talent.

Waiting for a Savior

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Almost a year since we lost Mike Howe to suicide. I lost my friend last year and my Grandma died a day before I was flying out to Texas for Hells Heroes, and I canceled my trip to be with my family. This year has been hard for me to deal with and Metal Chuch has been a comfort during the hard days. I wish Mike was able to find whatever peace he was seeking, and only knew how much people appreciated his talent.

Waiting for a Savior

That's rough. My condolences for your friend and grandma. :(

Metal Church will forever remain a legendary band, especially the Howe albums.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
May was darned great!

All the remaining releases have been now added to the playlist. Onwards to June!

Like the list to subscribe, shares appreciated too.

Highlights (Top 5 to me in no order) of May:

Invoker - Invoking the Evil
Belushi Speed Ball - What Us, Worry?
Spinne - Rotten Society
Anvilhammer - Impressions of Chaos
Tempest - Point of No Return

Stay thrashy!

Oct 27, 2017

Some old bullshit I've been listening to a lot this week if anyone is looking for something old but new. I especially love how that last one sounds like old Deicide (the production) but with actually good riffs.

The embed didn't work, but here's one more that's probably my favorite of the four:

Deceptive - Heart Sweeted Lie (1995)

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
The new In Flames song is interesting. It's definitely unexpected. Feels like maybe the one two punch of the Clayman 20th anniversary and The Halo Effect forming woke Anders and Bjorn up a bit. Hope the song isn't an outlier, and the rest of the album follows suit.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
well i hope they go back to their roots because 90s In Flames was great and The Jester Race is a top 10 metal album for me

this song and 90s In Flames is quintessential to me that defines what swedish melodic death metal is (and Carcass that defined the genre to begin with)
www.youtube.com

In Flames - Dead Eternity

From the 1996 album The Jester RaceEnjoy!Lyrics:I bid you welcome to my worldThey call me existenceYou have just entered through the gateto your journey towa...

www.youtube.com

In Flames - The Jester Race ( Full Album) 1996

Band : In FlamesAlbum : The Jester RaceYear : 199600:00 (Moonshield)05:01 (The Jester's Dance)07:10 (Artifacts Of The Black Rain)10:25 (Graveland)13:11 (Lord...

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot that Ozzy is having major surgery today. Hope he's doing okay. Sharon said it would determine the rest of his life.

Edit: He got through it just fine and is recovering.

Last edited:

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Went to see Night Demon and Midnight last night. Heavy Sentence were due to open but one of them caught covid.

Fun gig. The pit gradually took over the whole room during Midnight. Everyone was stuck to the sides to get away from the rapscallions.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously keep going back to this album. I can't believe how much better this is than their previous one.

Animals as Leaders - "Parrhesia"