• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this new Deafheaven album is incredible.

I'm listening now and I'm very disappointed. I knew I wouldn't be a big fan though from the songs released so far. It's just a Slowdive album. It drops what really made their sound unique. There are small glimpses of the old sound here and there but overall, they just made a shoegaze album. It may be a good shoegaze album but as a Deafheaven album, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Noice.
Hopefully they do a red tshirt like that flag. Merch for Senjutsu is a bit ehh so far. The full colour eddie they have on the back of some of it and the red outlined eddie on a girlie are the only bits I like.
That white T looks great. As someone who doesn't wear too many band shirts (despite buying a ton of them) because they're always heavy black cotton, I am intrigued.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Who else is EXTREMELY HYPED for Måsstaden under vatten by Vildhjarta? First album in a decade and oh my god is the wait worth it! October 15th!! <3

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Those leaked screenshots, Jesus...
Indeed. So who is the third person in that conversation? One is the bassist, second one is Bowes (keyboard guy and singer at Alestorm)..

in other news, looks like Nergal got a lot of well known musicians to perform on new Me & that man album... from Tobias Forge (this time with his old stage name Mary Goore), to Devin Townsend, Allisa White-Gulz, Abbath, Myrkur, Randy Blythe...

Last edited:

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
The most reliable source of knowledge on the Internet, Reddit, is saying:

Crud Syndrome is Chris Bowes. (Alestorm: vocals and keyboard. Gloryhammer: keyboard. Wizardthrone: keyboard.)

Crud Ambrosio is Michael Barber. (Gloryhammer: Live keyboard. Wizardthrone: Guitar.)

Daddy Crud is James Cartwright (Hoots). (Gloryhammer: Bass.) The one accused of abusive behavior.

*shrug* we'll wait and see.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of my general grievance that there are way too many metal genres.
I honestly never felt that way and most genres (within Metal) absolutely make sense to me. Hell, even most sub-genres do. Metal genres aren't absolute categorisations with every genre being completely disjoint from all others, though. Of course there can be overlaps in the actual music, it would be really weird if there weren't (unless you would use objective measurements like "trve Black Metal has a dynamic range of at most 2" or something like that).

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn no Colors 2 talk in here yet?

I keep intending to listen to it from start to finish, but I keep playing it at night so I fall asleep halfway through heh.

Gonna give it a full listen today.

edit: that Ants of the Sky throwback in Bad Habits. Chills.

Last edited:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Faith No More added for Thursday Aftershock date, now I can't leave early that night... Limp Bizkit was set to play, and I was set to miss traffic

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
We're going to one next month. All our venues are requiring vaccines and masks so I'm really not worried.

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I've already paid for tickets to Gojira and Jinjer, and at this point, I'm hoping that they just get cancelled.

I've been vaxxed since April, so will probably have my booster by then, but I just don't feel comfortable around a bunch of people in close quarters in Florida.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I've already paid for tickets to Gojira and Jinjer, and at this point, I'm hoping that they just get cancelled.

I've been vaxxed since April, so will probably have my booster by then, but I just don't feel comfortable around a bunch of people in close quarters in Florida.
ouch.. I really don't blame you. Florida is a complete shit show RN.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, was going to see Flotsam and Jetsam couple days ago, but couple band members are not yet vaxxed and they could not play at the venue, and to cancel.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone listen to the new Wolves in the Throne Room? Listening now and I dig it a lot. I like it quite a bit more than their previous.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New single from Eternity's End is awesome.

www.youtube.com

Arcturus Prime

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesArcturus Prime · Eternity's End · Christian MuenznerArcturus Prime℗ 2021 Prosthetic Records, LLCReleased on: 20...