• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Not sure if anyone has posted this track yet but I dig the fuck out of it, sounds great cranked with a decent sub.

I don`t know why this popped up on youtube for me and although I´m not into the whole Deathcore stuff, I must say this is quite interesting and kinda weird. I like it.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The new Helloween album off to a great start. Cool to have the trio of Kiske/Deris/Hansen rocking the vocals. edit: good lord this is a fantastic album. edit2: f'in awesome album.

Only just started listening to it, and I haven't heard the band this energized in ages. Wasn't sure how having three vocalists would sound, but it's kind of like a smaller version of Avantasia in a way.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Do pre-orders count?
I think so? If you get charged anyway

Edit: my haul, biggest one in a while. Thanks Streetcleaner Saften and Vert boil for some of those recommendations!

Screen_Shot_2021-06-18_at_8.23.44_PM.png

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This has been an abnormally good year so far for power metal related bands of the non-flowery sort. Witherfall, Silver Talon, and the new Helloween (surprisingly not shit) just released, and Pharaoh finally released something new as well.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Had no idea Timo Tolkki just released a new album.

Listening now, seems like a nice assortment of guest vocalists. Even has Brittney from Unleash the Archers.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
This has been an abnormally good year so far for power metal related bands of the non-flowery sort. Witherfall, Silver Talon, and the new Helloween (surprisingly not shit) just released, and Pharaoh finally released something new as well.

Awesome stuff. Been ages since I listened to power metal, now I'm on a bit of nostalgia trip...

This album is 25 years old this year, bloody hell D:

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
New Fear Factory album is ok for what it is. Kind of blends in with the rest of the releases after Dino's return. Sad that it is in all likelihood the last FF album.

Oct 27, 2017

god bless

- -

I don't listen to them much nowadays, and definitely don't touch any of the new material since they reformed, but Phlebotomized is probably one of the most important bands in my development as a metal fan. This song in particular opened my eyes to how abstract death metal could be and sent me into a decades long hole of finding more 'obscure' and unusual metal music.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
I still find myself spinning the newest Asphyx every few days. I may have already talked about this, but I just felt like sharing again and was too lazy to check.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's just littered with those great bullet spray riffs and Bolt Thrower death/doom chugs. Love it.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
What did people think about Liquid Tension Experiment 3?

I enjoy it, but it does get a bit repetitive to me if you throw the hour jam session tracks on after the actual album. Fav tracks are probably Hypersonic, The Passage of Time and Blink of an Eye

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
What did people think about Liquid Tension Experiment 3?

I enjoy it, but it does get a bit repetitive to me if you throw the hour jam session tracks on after the actual album. Fav tracks are probably Hypersonic, The Passage of Time and Blink of an Eye
Twas a yeah... but album for me. Plenty of good stuff in there but a naff album as a whole. Rhapsody in Blue is such a cock block for me. Almost a bad as Phantom of the Opera on Dreams of Sanity - Masquerade.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Both Darkthrone and Pestilence dropped new albums today.

What year is it .gif

Oct 27, 2017
That new Darkthrone sounds alright. I'm not gonna listen to it because I have plenty of GOOD Darkthrone material that I don't listen to enough, but the brief clips on Spotify are pleasantly surprising (don't care to make an account to listen to the whole thing). I haven't been paying attention to what they've been up to since maybe the 3rd time they went to the well on making highly self-aware Too Old Too Cold bullshit.

The same goes for the new Pestilence. Sounds fine, never gonna listen to it.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
That new Darkthrone sounds alright. I'm not gonna listen to it because I have plenty of GOOD Darkthrone material that I don't listen to enough, but the brief clips on Spotify are pleasantly surprising (don't care to make an account to listen to the whole thing). I haven't been paying attention to what they've been up to since maybe the 3rd time they went to the well on making highly self-aware Too Old Too Cold bullshit.

The same goes for the new Pestilence. Sounds fine, never gonna listen to it.

Darkthrone fortunately got away from that thing they started with FOAD, and their last three albums (counting this one) are good enough imo. Sure, they are not A Blaze or Ravishing. But much better than Circle the Wagons and surrounding albums/eps. Too Old was still good to me anyway, the bad came later. Anyway, this new one sounds a bit more technical and more different in atmosphere I think and I appreciate that for once. It's not Soulside Journey, it's not Transylvanian Hunger either, and it needs not be either of those. It's just the same people making music with the same name after a huge count of years, but I'm enjoying it since, as I said, Arctic Thunder.

I think the previous one by Pestilence is and sounds better.

Both should be on bandcamp by now, btw. No account needed to listen to the full things. Yep (edit- here you can only listen to the single atm):

Not linking Pestilence because so far I'm finding it boring.

Oct 27, 2017
205513769_4696271830396375_1811807413500003615_n.jpg

Oh wow I guess that's the first time I've ever seen the Limp Bizkit logo, huh, what a weird lineup but those are some good pulls for a small festival in..wait, this is Wacken?!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
New BTBAM!

Damn, the drummer is given a work out on this one.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I see the solos were from four drummers, including Portnoy.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017