• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Feels weird to think about going to a show/festival at this point, but in case we're still alive in 2022, more bands have been added to Maryland Deathfest:

OBITUARY
CORONER
BLOOD INCANTATION
GRAVESEND
MIASMATIC NECROSIS

As mentioned in our last post, VIO-LENCE have reconfirmed and have been added back to the lineup.
This is the first of several announcements that will be made regarding new band additions to the lineup. At the moment, we don't know exactly how many more bands we'll be adding, as we are proceeding with caution and can't get reckless with the budget after all of the financial challenges of the past year. That said, there are still more treats up our sleeves and we'll be announcing more bands soon.

170281562_3965259800179161_2293952725516478224_n.jpg

coma

Oct 28, 2017
It's a dumb as shit, but at least it's a bit more straightforward than having to remember which version of "original member + scabs" incarnation is which like some other bands.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

There is no shortage of late 80s Japanese thrash demos that sound just like this, but this is one of my favorites. I hadn't thought about this tune in YEARS until tonight.

This is probably my favorite of all:

I'm glad Japan has moved on from explicitly invoking Nazi imagery for shock value.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to this Album today, it's a blast! The previous one was good but this manages to be even better.

I still have to listen to it in full but what I've heard so far sounds great. Their first album was my favorite Black metal album of last year.

I'm really looking forward to the new Seth album:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Pitchfork reviewed it today too and gave it a 7.3 haha

Honestly I don't think I've listened to a Cannibal Corpse record since Kill, which I liked 15 years ago or however long ago that was. I should check out their newer stuff. Seems like everyone is pretty positive on it.

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
The uncensored cover for the new Cannibal Corpse album is......something else.

"That's right, she's got the munchies for a California cheeseburger."

Might check it out based on Rutan's inclusion, but I've never much cared for Cannibal.

Has anyone spun the new Bewitcher? That and the new Intonate are what I'm most looking forward to listening to this evening.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
New Cannibal is pretty good so far. Every single Cannibal album bores me to death by the 4th-5th song and I'm on song 3 so we'll see how long I last.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017

I've enjoyed Fear Factory since Dino came back, and this is no exception. It's pretty much par for the course. There's some great modern Industrial Metal bands, but none of them really do what Fear Factory does. So Fear Factory sounding like Fear Factory is just fine with me.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I've enjoyed Fear Factory since Dino came back, and this is no exception. It's pretty much par for the course. There's some great modern Industrial Metal bands, but none of them really do what Fear Factory does. So Fear Factory sounding like Fear Factory is just fine with me.
Agree on every point. I enjoyed Archetype (and it's a better album than Digimortal for sure). Nothing since Dino's return has been an obvious stand out, and their discography since then kinda blends together for me. At least we'll always have Demanufacture.

edit: I checked their album reviews on MA for fun. I feel like MA user reviews are the OG metacritc/steam reviews where things get review-bombed.

Last edited:

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Këkht Aräkh - Pale Swordsman is really nice melancholic black metal. Really like the ambient almost dungeon synth parts.

Finally listened to the new Malist album as well. Very peaceful melo BM.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Mudvayne was the first "real" show I went to. Realizing that was 20 years ago is...troubling, lol.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Këkht Aräkh - Pale Swordsman is really nice melancholic black metal. Really like the ambient almost dungeon synth parts.

Finally listened to the new Malist album as well. Very peaceful melo BM.

I stumbled on that Këkht Aräkh album on youtube the other day and it is indeed good stuff. Will check out the Malist album too. I enjoyed the previous album.