• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Courtesy of our very own Protodude:

Disney started to shelve many of Fox's films after the buyout incurred big losses following some major flops from the studio, Megaman was thought to be one of them, but not so. It's unclear whether Disney or another studio has picked up the film but that's likely to be confirmed at another date.

From the financial report:

"The Company has been producing world-leading content, with brands such as Street Fighter and Resident Evil being made into Hollywood movies, now followed by Monster Hunter and Mega Man, which are also scheduled for live-action film adaptation."

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
e1c.jpg

Can't wait.

Nov 23, 2017
when Sonic and Mega Man do numbers and are fun movies that everyone can enjoy will this forum eat crow or move the goal posts again to hate some other franchise's family movie for family audiences?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I could see a Mega Man movie working. Either make it animated or, if you go live action, don't go grim at all and keep it light and colorful and maybe a bit camp.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make the movie center around the shitty American cover for Megaman 1. Joe Mega, a male model down on his luck. Overweight, depressed, and desperate for a gig, he stumbles upon an advertisement for a modeling gig: a cover for some Japanese video game about robots, when all of a sudden the modeling crew's camera sucks him into this wacky world! Plastic Zappy Gun™️ in hand, Joe Mega becomes MEGA MAN, where he must save the real world from being defeated by Dr. Wily's dastardly crew of Robots! Features a cameo from Mr Inafune himself as the one and only anime fan on prom night

Dec 31, 2017
Great.

Mega Man more than a lot of games is an easy property to get right.

IIIIFFFFF they hue close to the feel of the originals and treat it with respect.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Seriously, how and why!? Somebody kill this thing already (and give us a Mega Man X OVA on Netflix or something while you're at it).

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Because Mega Man is such a current, popular series...?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Reynolds is Mega Man, blue snarky canadian coming to a theater near you!

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
They just need to make it unapologetically over the top like Alita, except with a more coherent story and a tighter ending.

The strongest asset Megaman has is a built-in progression mechanic via Robot Master weapon weaknesses, and iconic music. If they got the rights to remix boss music and have knock-down-drag-out fight sequences, it could be at very least an instant cult classic.

Just imagine a Megaman X vs Flame Mammoth arc where he has to explore a dangerous metallurgic factory and it ends with this giant death robot bringing down the entire facility trying to kill X to this music inbetween angry, synthetic elephant trumpeting:

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So is Mega Man a child in a costume or a teenager in a costume or an adult in a costume or a CGI character or a character who got zapped out of a video game?

What if it's a one man play and all of the roles are Danny Devito?

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Oh geez. I thought we had escaped this fate. As a diehard Mega Man fan I will obviously be there on opening night, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell this is going to end well.

That said, if it turns out to be the 1994 Street Fighter kind of bad like the Sonic movie is shaping up to be, we could have something pretty special on our hands.

I will gladly eat crow if the impossible happens and this movie turns out to be great, though.
It won't.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
And now that they unfortunately seem to be making effort to fix Sonic's movie design it's absolutely crucial that they fuck it up.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Oh geez. I thought we had escaped this fate. As a diehard Mega Man fan I will obviously be there on opening night, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell this is going to end well.

That said, if it turns out to be the 1994 Street Fighter kind of bad like the Sonic movie is shaping up to be, we could have something pretty special on our hands.

I will gladly eat crow if the impossible happens and this movie turns out to be great, though.
It won't.

You'd be there day one even if it looked awful? Why would you wanna support something like that?

I straight up refused/continue to refuse to ever watch the Dragonball movie. I don't need to see it to know it's an insult and I refuse to contribute a penny to such a thing.

They need to show at least a bit of respect to the source material for me to care personally.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
You'd be there day one even if it looked awful? Why would you wanna support something like that?

I straight up refused/continue to refuse to ever watch the Dragonball movie. I don't need to see it to know it's an insult and I refuse to contribute a penny to such a thing.

They need to show at least a bit of respect to the source material for me to care personally.

Because I have a particular fondness for so-bad-they're-good movies (I love the OG Street Fighter movie), and because you best believe I'm going to support anything Mega Man with my wallet. I'm playing the long game. Yeah, the movie might will probably turn out to be terrible, but Mega Man doing well at market in whatever forms he appears in is good for the ongoing health of the franchise in general. I don't want to go back to having to wait almost a decade between games, and if supporting a bad movie fuels that effort, then I'm all in. Don't even have to think about it.

But again, it's important to realize I'm coming from a totally different perspective here. I didn't pay to see Dragon Ball: Evolution in theaters of course, but I sure as hell watched it at home after the fact and my wife and I had a blast cracking up at how deeply terrible it was throughout. Like I said, I really enjoy good-bad movies. Like, I can't even tell you how many different people I've watched The Room with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Because I have a particular fondness for so-bad-they're-good movies (I love the OG Street Fighter movie), and because you best believe I'm going to support anything Mega Man with my wallet. I'm playing the long game. Yeah, the movie might will probably turn out to be terrible, but Mega Man doing well at market in whatever forms he appears in is good for the ongoing health of the franchise in general. I don't want to go back to having to wait almost a decade between games, and if supporting a bad movie fuels that effort, then I'm all in. Don't even have to think about it.

But again, it's important to realize I'm coming from a totally different perspective here. I didn't pay to see Dragon Ball: Evolution in theaters of course, but you best believe I watched it at home after the fact and my wife and I had a blast cracking up at how deeply terrible it was throughout. Like I said, I really enjoy good-bad movies. Like, I can't even tell you how many different people I've watched The Room with.

As both a hardcore Megaman and Dragon Ball fan, I simply have to agree with Ash. The Great Megaman Drought was 8 long, agonizing years and the thought of going through another one of those is almost stroke inducing. I'll be there day one. Good or bad. The Blue Bomber means too much to me to say no.