• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the kind of game Gamepass will definitely benefit.
It doesn't look great to me but I might give it a shot at some point on gp.

Dec 6, 2017
US
What a weird looking game. It kind of unintentionally looks like one of those C-tier Survival Horror games of the late PS1/early PS2 era, like Rule of Rose or something.

I can already sense that the enemy encounters will be pure Jank Central nonsense.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
This looks like the kind of game Gamepass will definitely benefit.
It doesn't look great to me but I might give it a shot at some point on gp.
That's how I view it. I wouldn't buy it, but if they're going to give it to me anyway, sure why not. It's how I've discovered a bunch of games I didn't think I'd ever like but found that I do.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Why is the brightness so high? Something's wrong with the recording
Why does it look so grainy?
For whatever reason the capture process at IGN doesn't seem to be very good. They had issues getting good Dirt 5 footage, made everyone think that game looked terrible and then DigitalFoundry published theirs and suddenly it's a next gen experience lol.
Oh come on, no performance mode at 60 FPS?
Even the recommended spec sheet for PC only listed 30 fps targets for every level of quality. I think this one is going to be tough to get to 60 fps on most hardware.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Series X is 30 fps. You should probably play on your 3080

Was not aware of the FPS difference. 3080 for sure then
Why do you even have a Series X

Because Microsoft rewards practically made it free for me.

Looks solid..but also kinda bland.Weird, then again after Blair Witch im not expecting too much from this game.
Seems like a great GamePass title though.

Not even being subtle about it...lol.

It really was an honest question. The Medium doesnt seem that demanding. So if it is practically the same i would prefer to play on the Series X because its easier than moving my Computer to the TV, and Quick resume. Or else i would play on my 38inch Ultrawide.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Man this looks rough, is it a budget title? Cause those animations and graphics are not very good even by last gen standards.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I find dual reality a waste of resources, it only works to say ''look, it's invisible on the real world!''.
It was better on the first trailer, when the whole screen changed with an effect.
Seeing both the location at the same time is definitively not interesting. It especially makes it look gamey so it's not great for immersion.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Animations (face and character movement) seemed incredibly dated and stiff.

Cutscene work generally looked pretty nice, though.

Wait and see, I suppose. Story could make it worth playing for sure.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Looking really rough dead eyes and the blacks are off not something you want to see in a horror game, here hope they have some good puzzles for the two worlds being at same time

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I skipped to the half way point when she started splitting realities and while it doesn't look amazing visually and has some animation jank, the music seems great , the VA seems solid, and the premise is pretty damn rad. im in to try it on release for sure

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
The game looks sweet, the animation is fine, the fixed camera mixed with the dual reality could me a real mindfuck, hope bloober sticks the landing. Look forward to playing this very much.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Whoever approved this for release at IGN obviously wasn't paying that close attention. The brightness is horrific and the audio syncing is really terrible which makes the animation look horrific.

Excited for this game, even though it is definitely going to kill my i5-6600k and RX480. Probably going to need to wait a month or two for when I get my XSX

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Doesn't look too hot to be honest.
I'm a bit worried that "mediocre" or "not quite AAA" is the new standard for brand new, for Game Pass, developed titles.

Like The Outer Worlds, which was good but far from what it could have been. It's maybe wrong but I feel, it's just a feeling, that games made for being in Game Pass on day one, seem to have development limitations. I don't know why but besides some rare exceptions, none of them are really outstanding GOTY material.
I think I get what you are saying but nha, this is a moneyhat, not a game developed and/or published under MS, the game is kinda janky simply because it has a low to mid budget.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting heavy Eternal Darkness vibes from this and Im not sure if thats a good thing.
That animation is terrible though.....jeez

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I expect a lot of rough edges. It looks like it will be a solid 8 hour experience.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm a bit worried that "mediocre" or "not quite AAA" is the new standard for brand new, for Game Pass, developed titles.

Like The Outer Worlds, which was good but far from what it could have been. It's maybe wrong but I feel, it's just a feeling, that games made for being in Game Pass on day one, seem to have development limitations. I don't know why but besides some rare exceptions, none of them are really outstanding GOTY material.
Just so you know, The Outer Worlds wasn't "made for Gamepass" it was funded pretty much entirely and published by a division of Take Two which emphasizes AA development. It launched on Gamepass because MS made a deal with the publisher, but MS wasn't really directly involved with much of the game and the scope of the game was limited by pre-acquisition limited funding.

So hopefully when we get first party games published by MS they won't be so limited and will be given the budget they need

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oooh...that movement looks rough, especially in the morgue and office parts with the super tight environments. Definitely a lot of Resident Evil vibes, but not in the way that I was hoping. It's on Game Pass though, so why wouldn't I at least give it a shot?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Man this looks rough, is it a budget title? Cause those animations and graphics are not very good even by last gen standards.

Not really. It's $50 if you don't have a Game Pass. So like $10 less than the full $60.

The Outer Worlds was not developed for Game Pass. MS didn't buy them until that was well into development. I doubt this was 'developed for Game Pass' either as Bloober Team is independent and the studio develops on a much smaller scale. This is actually their biggest title by a large margin and I think they said the overall budget was still under 10 million Euros iirc.

Oct 27, 2017
The World

Outer Worlds wasn't even published by MS or made for GP or anything...

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'll play the shit out of it. The only question is whether that will be on. my Series X or maybe Yukon Gold Potato.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Repeating from the second thread that will probably be locked, but...that movement looks rough, especially in the morgue and office parts with the super tight environments. Definitely a lot of Resident Evil vibes, but not in the way that I was hoping. It's on Game Pass though, so why wouldn't I at least give it a shot?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I think I get what you are saying but nha, this is a moneyhat, not a game developed and/or published under MS, the game is kinda janky simply because it has a low to mid budget.

Yeah, hard to describe what I mean, sorry.
Could be the budget, yes.

Still exited to try it out for myself tho.
Maybe I'll like it. 🤷‍♂️

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
What is with this capture? I guess they don't review things before posting?

Atmosphere looks to be pretty good but does look pretty rough in the animation department.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
It's seriously amazing that this is on Game Pass day one.
To be fair, this looks like the kind of AA game that doesn't really have a market left. You're interested in a scary third person action game, your $70 and 30 hours are going to go towards TLOU2. On Gamepass people will make some time for it to at least try out, and could become a sleeper hit that way. I would never pay money for this game, but am going to download it immediately when it releases. Like Netflix, nobody would pay money to watch Tiger King and yet it became a hit.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even the recommended spec sheet for PC only listed 30 fps targets for every level of quality. I think this one is going to be tough to get to 60 fps on most hardware.
This. The vast majority of PC players thinking they'll be able to get a locked or stable 60fps are bound to be disappointed and seem to forget how demanding it will be whenever there's dual realities and it's rendering two worlds at the same time.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Hrmmm, looks like a different game then when we first saw it. Or is that just me.

As in? The first reveal trailer or first gameplay? Because either way, nothing looks radically different to me. The first reveal trailer did focus more on the spirit world, but I mean, that's clearly here.

Unless you mean when they first announced it in 2011, but I don't know if there was any actual footage for it at that point.

Alexander89

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Havent been excited for a MS game for a while.. this one is no different.. was lookin forward to it though.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

None of those games were "made for GamePass", neither developed by Microsoft. The Outer Worlds wasn't even published by them. What are you talking about?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Why do you even have a Series X
I have a 3090 with a Series X. I can tell you that Cyberpunk makes it scream like the PS4 Pro. It gets hella loud under load and it really bothers me while the XSX is damn near silent. I really like the X and PS5 for this reason. I got both because of GamePass but my PC is used a lot for machine learning/video processing.

I'll for sure alternate between systems when playing this. If my 3090 sounds like an 18 wheeler, then I'll be on the X.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
The gameplay demo a few weeks ago looked cleaner than this one, think IGN's recording is off.

Regardless of how it looks, excited to play it, preloaded through Gamepass, ready to go :)