• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Played the first hour or so this morning. I do like the characters and setting and where this is going.

Totally agree here. So far the two worlds stuff just feels unnecessary to me too. It's a neat gimmick for a minute or two but then it's kind of just left me scratching my head as to why they would do this (beyond just showing off the power of the Series X).
I'd say keep playing. It's use and purpose become less of a gimmick and more of a defining character/part of the game with steadily increasing value

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Just got super stuck and got 0 idea what to do..

Some tentacles blocking the way and i got remove them. I have interacted with everything in the room. It says spirit blast RT but nothing happens.

halp plz

nvm worked it out..

Oct 25, 2017
The first 30 minutes make a great visual impression but the longer I spend in hallways and rooms experiencing the actual game mechanics the less I'm into it. The game restricts your ability to run a bit too often, which makes the plodding pace of movement frustrating.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The first 30 minutes make a great visual impression but the longer I spend in hallways and rooms experiencing the actual game mechanics the less I'm into it. The game restricts your ability to run a bit too often, which makes the plodding pace of movement frustrating.

It hasn't bugged me too bad, but I noticed this too in the earlier areas. Other than making sure you didn't run past things while still learning, there wasn't always a clear reason that running wasn't available, other than mood.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this game a couple hours in. Love the pacing and atmosphere. Desperately needed something like this to play.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I am getting a game breaking bug that won't let me proceed:

I am walking through the forest on the way to the red room and I hit Y to step up into a ledge next to a broken bridge. She steps up but physically won't proceed any further. She just runs in place. I am on the latest patch.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
So... it's not bad.
It's actually so old fashioned it feels fresh again in a few ways and it's intriguing enough I can see myself completing it.
I predicted high 60/low 70 MC a long time ago; turned out to be more or less accurate, but still the game is somewhat better than i expected, or at least it has certain qualities and charm to it.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read all the reviews, but what did the people who gave this a 3/10 say about it? As divisive as this game is a 3/10 seems like a comical stretch.

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this game and honestly, it's pretty average/mediocre. It doesn't really do anything interesting with any of the tools it's presenting. The puzzles are never engaging, it bizarrely spends a lot of time away from our main character (for little benefit), it muddles with child abuse for what feels like shock value. The story just doesn't go anywhere interesting or compelling. The reveals aren't shocking. And it ends on a weird note.

I really disliked how often the game seemed to introduce a mechanic for the sole purpose of solving of a puzzle that the game invented on the spot. It ruined the cohesiveness of the experience. Things just happen randomly because they have to happen.

The entire opening 2-3 hours were fairly strong, but once they really started layering on mechanics and giving you discreet puzzles to solve--it started to lose me. My main gripe here is that, a lot of the time it doesn't feel like you're solving a puzzle. Instead, you're just moving through an area interacting with everything until you find the thing you need then moving on until the game shuffles you to the place where you have to use the item. Then the Thing happens and you completed the puzzle. And worse yet, when the game breaks this mold...what there instead a fairly simple puzzle that is just there.

Uhh, so it's fine? Not terrible. Has some fun interactions between Marianne and Sadness but not much else.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Well this is odd, everything so far has been super easy, but I'm weirdly stuck... I mean I'm not, 'cause I can see exactly what I need to do to progress and know it in my head, I just can't get the game to register than I know, I'm missing something obvious and it's frustrating.

So I'm in the conference room, I know my guy is sat over from Boris, so he's Nicholas. But I go to the body and she acts like I don't know this. Been back and forth a few times and gone through examining the chairs, the ash tray and the list of names over and over... so what am I missing?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is odd, everything so far has been super easy, but I'm weirdly stuck... I mean I'm not, 'cause I can see exactly what I need to do to progress and know it in my head, I just can't get the game to register than I know, I'm missing something obvious and it's frustrating.

So I'm in the conference room, I know my guy is sat over from Boris, so he's Nicholas. But I go to the body and she acts like I don't know this. Been back and forth a few times and gone through examining the chairs, the ash tray and the list of names over and over... so what am I missing?
Go look at the chair across from Boris

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State

You need to go back to the note on the table and it will give you another option to hit X on the name Boris, then go to the chair that Nicholas is in, examine it, return to the note and hit X on Nicholas' name. I had the same problem. Its a bit cumbersome

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Go look at the chair across from Boris
Thanks for the reply.

I've definitely done that, chair number 4, that's how I know it's Nicholas on the list. When I examine it it says it's chair 4 but nothing else, just like all the other charis.

Think it's bugged somehow.

You need to go back to the note on the table and it will give you another option to hit X on the name Boris, then go to the chair that Nicholas is in, examine it, return to the note and hit X on Nicholas' name. I had the same problem. Its a bit cumbersome

I must have looked at that list of names a dozen times. It's never come up with anthing other than look/read. Maybe there is an exact order to do things in or maybe there's another step I missed?

Checked list, examined all the charis, examined ash tray got message, checked list to see where Boris was sat, looked over to chair 4, but I can't do anything else. I know he's Nicholas, can't get game to let me say I do.

I so know I didn't examine a telephone outside the room until I'd already been in there, the call was saying he could hear the meeting happening over there but I'd already been in and checked everything out before I found it. I thought I was missing something and went and did all the balerina girl stuff next to him and got her out of the way but I've been back and forth for an hour and a half and just can't trigger any progress. Game says last save "1 hours ago" so I think I've got the balerina stuff saved, but really don't want to risk having to do it again 'cause that stealth stuff wasn't fun lol

EDIT: I just tried again and saw the X on Boris. FML

thanks! hahaha

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Thanks for the reply.

I've definitely done that, chair number 4, that's how I know it's Nicholas on the list. When I examine it it says it's chair 4 but nothing else, just like all the other charis.

Think it's bugged somehow.

I must have looked at that list of names a dozen times. It's never come up with anthing other than look/read. Maybe there is an exact order to do things in or maybe there's another step I missed?

Checked list, examined all the charis, examined ash tray got message, checked list to see where Boris was sat, looked over to chair 4, but I can't do anything else. I know he's Nicholas, can't get game to let me say I do.

I so know I didn't examine a telephone outside the room until I'd already been in there, the call was saying he could hear the meeting happening over there but I'd already been in and checked everything out before I found it. I thought I was missing something and went and did all the balerina girl stuff next to him and got her out of the way but I've been back and forth for an hour and a half and just can't trigger any progress. Game says last save "1 hours ago" so I think I've got the balerina stuff saved, but really don't want to risk having to do it again 'cause that stealth stuff wasn't fun lol

EDIT: I just tried again and saw the X on Boris. FML

thanks! hahaha

Lol took me a sec too! Glad it worked out for you and wasn't bugged.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I am about 3 hours in an I am enjoying this immensely. I don't have any super hot takes or assessments about its overall design yet, but it is a weird and interesting release in a modern context. This game is very much the kind of thing I imagined when, in 2003-04, I was trying to imagine what "next gen gaming" would be like. It is very fascinating and refreshing.

Ego

Banned
Dec 6, 2020
I'm finished with this game (3-4 hours in). It's a mediocre game at best. The gameplay loop of just walking, reading and listening is bothersome. Puzzles and stealth/hiding mechanics are clunky and way to simplistic to me. No, it's not a good game.

Still hope some people can enjoy it.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
How's everything finding the story?

I thought Observer showed some real promise, but find Blair Witch's story, characters, and dialogue utterly woeful.

Hoping this is better.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did anyone else have a big issue with:
Running from the first big monster guy? At the end of the first chase, the room splits off three ways, forward towards him, left into moths and then also right into moths. I literally redid that entire section 4 times trying to figure out where to go. Why does the entire chase teach you to turn left and right AWAY from the moths and then at the end you have to turn left INTO moths to finish the chase??? Did they test this?? or am i just stupid

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Does this game run better on console vs PC? I have a PC with 3080 (1440p ultrawide) and a SX and wondering which system I should play on. Thanks 🙏

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Running from the first big monster guy? At the end of the first chase, the room splits off three ways, forward towards him, left into moths and then also right into moths. I literally redid that entire section 4 times trying to figure out where to go. Why does the entire chase teach you to turn left and right AWAY from the moths and then at the end you have to turn left INTO moths to finish the chase??? Did they test this?? or am i just stupid
Yeah, I failed this area on my first attempt as well.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finished with this game (3-4 hours in). It's a mediocre game at best. The gameplay loop of just walking, reading and listening is bothersome. Puzzles and stealth/hiding mechanics are clunky and way to simplistic to me. No, it's not a good game.

Still hope some people can enjoy it.

im finishing it since im already about half way done i think but yea most of the "puzzles" are just checking everything in a room.

Oct 27, 2017
How's everything finding the story?

I thought Observer showed some real promise, but find Blair Witch's story, characters, and dialogue utterly woeful.

Hoping this is better.
I thought that story was pretty poorly told. It doesn't know what to focus on and keeps introducing things that don't really add anything.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I still don't know what I did differently when I did it right to the 4 times I failed last night and the 2 I failed this afternoon before getting past it. Not a clue. Shrugged and carried on.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I repeated this almost ten times before I looked up a walkthrough video. It's such a badly designed section and I have no idea how you're supposed to figure that out by yourself.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

this took me about 6 tries of trial and error and even one time I thought I did everything perfectly and I still lost? Lol

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
If I feel it's a cool concept but not feeling the overall sluggish ness is it worth it? Keep in mind I'm only 30 minutes in. I don't mind slow games but this seems......excessive

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I am getting a game breaking bug that won't let me proceed:

I am walking through the forest on the way to the red room and I hit Y to step up into a ledge next to a broken bridge. She steps up but physically won't proceed any further. She just runs in place. I am on the latest patch.

Ok I'm stuck in the same exact spot. Damn.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
So what is the verdict?

3080 with a 6700k
Or
Series x

Im on an oled tv.

I have the exact same setup and I'm still debating it. I can get 60 fps on the 3080 if I turn off RTX, so I think that's what I'm going to do. However, I will likely switch back and forth depending upon whether I want the comfier couch.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I'm not all that familiar with the RE franchise, but this game feels closer to something from Quantic than anything else. It more so has the interactive feel to it vs playing a traditional horror type game. Still enjoying it though.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm not all that familiar with the RE franchise, but this game feels closer to something from Quantic than anything else. It more so has the interactive feel to it vs playing a traditional horror type game. Still enjoying it though.

Yeah, it's like a telltale/QD game without the multiple branching paths.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This game just crashed my GPU and signal was lost to my monitor but the OS was still running.

Only Cyberpunk has done this to my machine.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So I'm not playing this myself due to not having the hardware for it, but reports are coming in on Twitter about the content of the ending and I will say this in a spoiler-free manner:

There needs to be a serious trigger warning on this game and a warning on this OT. Mods, please look into this - what I'm reading about the way certain themes are handled in this game is seriously distressing and harmful.

I don't know how this can be flagged up in a spoiler-free manner to people, and I am very much for the importance of keeping things unspoiled, but this is something that needs considering.

the game itself has the warning as you boot it up.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
The controls are putting a major damper on enjoying it. And this first sneaking part 👀...it's the final nail.

It's unfortunate. Visually speaking...i really want to see more. I think it looks pretty good considering the budget.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I'm not playing this myself due to not having the hardware for it, but reports are coming in on Twitter about the content of the ending and I will say this in a spoiler-free manner:

There needs to be a serious trigger warning on this game and a warning on this OT. Mods, please look into this - what I'm reading about the way certain themes are handled in this game is seriously distressing and harmful.

I don't know how this can be flagged up in a spoiler-free manner to people, and I am very much for the importance of keeping things unspoiled, but this is something that needs considering.

there are two kinds of people who claim to be silent hill fans, those who are fans of the games and those who are fans of the memes of the games that spawned from 4chan (you know the ones) from literally everything I've ever read of bloober team, they're the 4chan meme sh2 kind of fans